Is 6 week check really important?!!!

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 pm 
Post subject: Is 6 week check really important?!!!
I couldn't make my 6 week check as i have been really busy with buying my house, packing and looking after the baby. How important is it, do they actually check you over. I asked my sister and her doctor just went over some questions checking for pnd and spoke about contraception. Is it worth making another appointment?! Do they do anything worthwhile?
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Archie was in hospital from one day old think he was over a week old before I saw a midwife after the birth and then 6 week check was probably 3 month check, and to be honest thats all they mentioned contraceptives and if I felt 'ok' I have heard of people getting I questionaire for pnd but I have never had one with either of mine x x

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 pm 
Post subject:
Jennifer256 wrote:
Archie was in hospital from one day old think he was over a week old before I saw a midwife after the birth and then 6 week check was probably 3 month check, and to be honest thats all they mentioned contraceptives and if I felt 'ok' I have heard of people getting I questionaire for pnd but I have never had one with either of mine x x

Ahh thank you for replying! You have put my mind at rest as wasn't sure if some doctors examine you. Sounds like thats not the case and so unless I have any probs will not bother as things are pretty hectic.
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
My health visitor made me go for my 6 week check. The doctor checked Harry over, made sure his bits were in the right place and checked his hips.

She then asked me how I was, asked Dave how he was, asked about contraceptive and coz I had a c-section checked the scar was healing.

I think if the doctor was really concerned to see you they would have contacted you directly.

I wouldnt worry unless the Health Visitor has said anything to you.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks rach, baby was checked at 8 weeks with the doctor. I asked someone who goes to my baby clinic and attends same doctor. No examination and just a chat about contraception. They used to examine you and do a smear!
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 am 
Post subject:
at mine i saw the doctor who checked sams hips, and asked me how i was feeling and what contraception i wanted to use, never even checked my stitches.

the hv had given me a PND questionnaire a few weeks before to hand in at my check, and they just marked it off and said i was ok.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Yes they did used to give you a smear test at the 6 week check - I remember with my 1st! Now they might check your tummy to see if your uterus has contracted properly, and ask about contraception etc, mine did bp check too x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular