Birth plan ??

catcrazy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
WOW that's unusual.. they let her push three out!! they normally do sections for three or more I would have thought they would have rushed her in for an emergency section xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, can I just say with the brth plan that even though you stipulate who you want to cut the cord, they may not listen to you if you have a c-section.

I didnt want a c-section but ended up with an emergency one and in my birth plan I said I wanted DH to cut the cord and also to have skin on skin asap. At the antenatal class, the midwife made out that all this was possible even if you had an emergency c-section, however I didnt get any of it Sad

I was really upset that I didnt get this and I didnt get to hold Harry until I was taken through to the recovery area. I know Dave got to hold him but it wasnt the same.

I dont want to put you off or upset you by telling you it might not be possible but I dont want you to feel upset if it doesnt happen for you.

xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:54 am 
Post subject:
Women used to have twins ,triplets etc. all the time naturally before the days of routine scans and the first surviving set of sextuplets were born naturally to a woman who thought she was just having one baby Shocked It's amazing what your body can do , I've seen some lovely home water births of footling breech twins on the internet (thanks Julie x) completely hands off just came out into the water on their own Maria lovely to watch but most medical professionals would tell a woman she was crazy for even attempting that sort of birth xx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
YoungDaddy wrote:
my ex had her birth plan and was gona have a c section 2 weeks earlier than the due date but she ended up goin into labor quite early and by time she got hospital she was too late to have a c section so ended up givin birth to three kids naturally lol

So your ex had triplets yet you say she's living with her new boyfriend and your two kids? Confused

YoungDaddy
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:
So your ex had triplets yet you say she's living with her new boyfriend and your two kids? Confused

yeah one of em didnt survive from the birth. i wernt there cos we were broken up wen they were born. weve had an on off relationship since we were about 13 lol
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
You CAN get the birth you want, but you have to know what you want, and how to get it.

Being informed, proactive and assertive will help you all the way. The mw's and consultants are there to ADVISE you. You have the final say in anything. Its your body - your choice.
If you are informed you can make the right decisions for YOU. IGNORE hospital policy - its there mainly to protect from lawsuits.

Most consultants have never seen a normal physiological birth with NO interventions - they are surgeons - they operate.

There was a lady on ICAN that VBAC'd triplets at home.... so yes, in the UK and USA the HCPs would have been insisting on a CS at 34 weeks....
A home birth would be a BIG no no in the UK - the Cons would be having kittens PMSL Laughing never mind a VBAC.

Have a look at ICAN its a great site Smile

Julie xx
http://blog.ican-online.org/
The normal website seems to be down, but this might give you some info...

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Sad epidurals are horrible I had one with my 5th child.. and the scar still irritates me 12 years on..
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi maria

Only just seen this thread.......

I havent really put too much thought into the labour really. I am so glad they are both head down though as i can go for a normal delivery. I was going to opt for an epidural incase i have to have a cs in an emergency. However from speaking to a midwife, she said that if you do have an epidural...there is more chance of having to have a cs then. I am open to any pain relief really, i had gas and air and pethidine with Jack, although, the pethidine just made me so spaced out so i dont think i will be having that again. If possible i would like skin to skin asap and for my oh to cut both cords. But my main 'want' is for my boys to arrive safe and well so however that may be i'm not too fussed about the details.

xxxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular