another weanin question...

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:52 am 
Post subject: another weanin question...
I started giving connor a bit of baby rice just over a week ago wen he hit 6 months, his tongue thrust reflex was still quite strong, but now seems to be getting a bit better, but feedin him is such hard work, he doesnt seem to like anything and spits everythin out, and just seems to be getting frustrated! Should i leave him a bit longer n try again in a couple of weeks? He only having 1 "meal" a day n so far only tried baby rice, carrot n banana, he was 6 weeks early so didnt know if this made any difference or not? Even tho hv sed not to wait til corrected 6 months, is it just connor bein a pain in the bm? N hopefully grow out of it quite quickly? Xxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
it is totally ur decision but id probs stick with it and he will learn how to take it but if you think hes getting to frustarted too much then leave it for a bit and try again.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think he'll be spitting it out because he doesnt like it. Most likely he's just spitting it out coz he isnt used to it and its an odd consistency to him. I would persevere, just stick with a few spoonfuls a day for the moment until he takes to it xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Laura, try mixing some of his milk with whatever your giving him, it will taste more familiar.

The other thing I was told is that they really really do need proper weaning spoons, and the trick for the first few times is to sort of wipe their top lip with it, if you get what I mean.

I tried A;ex for the first time today he seemed to like butternut squash we trying pear tomorrow. lol

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
thanx for the replies ladies Smile he is slowly gettin there, still looks like i fed him a sweaty sock with every spoonful, but he is eating most of it (even if it had been spat out 5 times first lol)
Trace i have hundreds of weaning spoons lol, and yeh, kinda use his top gum to scrape it off the spoon lol Laughing

U decided to start thevweaning then trace? Smile Is it goin well? xxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
glad things are getting better now.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
loolahoop wrote:
thanx for the replies ladies Smile he is slowly gettin there, still looks like i fed him a sweaty sock with every spoonful, but he is eating most of it (even if it had been spat out 5 times first lol)
Trace i have hundreds of weaning spoons lol, and yeh, kinda use his top gum to scrape it off the spoon lol Laughing

U decided to start thevweaning then trace? Smile Is it goin well? xxx

yeah Laura, after him keep taking 56+ oz's a day thought he must be flippen hungry, as it was an immediate jump of arpund 15 oz a day.

Only started him weaning today tho, even tho HV said I should start the other week Embarassed Rolling Eyes he's 4 months today, so still v young to be weaning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular