weaning?

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm 
Post subject: weaning?
I dont feel Connor is ready for weaning yet but just want some advice in preparation... He is 20 weeks old, 14 corrected age, does that affect wen I start weaning? I kno advice is to start at about 24 weeks but is that actual or Corrected age? Also I believe u start weaning at that age as baby iron stores start to deplete at that age so would it still be 24'weeks actual age? Also Connor had quite a few problems digesting even ebm for the first few weeks, does this make a difference to weaning? Or would those problems have corrected themselves as he has no probs with milk now Smile xxx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am 
Post subject:
Yeah hun go by his actual age for weaning Smile i was unsure too and my HV told me that x

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Jenna Smile xxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
i thought they were advising weaning from 26 weeks now which is 6 months now.

so mite not be till 32 weeks that connor is ready but if hes ready at 26 weeks then thats fine too.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
6 months is 24 weeks but even though they say that, they actually say that if you really felt your baby was looking for solids, you can start with some baby rice from 17 weeks.

Just go with your instincts hun Smile if you are unsure how ready he is at 24 weeks, give him a little try with some food and see how he goes. You can always decide based on that whether to wait a week or so x

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Oh and Liam and Craig had problems with digesting milk from birth and were up and down in their amounts in hospital, and were still very sicky because of reflux until they reached about 6 months. Once they started on solids, it gradually disappeared Smile x

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:05 am 
Post subject:
they work out months differently in weeks as if you said 4 weeks to every month that wud mean when there 12 months they are 48 weeks but in fact 12 months is 52 weeks.

so 6 months is 26 weeks.

loubri49
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi i just came across this today and thought i could offer some advice. my LO was prema nd was only 4lb born. over the last few wks we felt that he wasn't satisified with bottle. loosing interest half way through so we started giving him rice cereal and he devoures it. im first time mom and have had so much conflicting advice. and what ive learned most of all is to go with my instincts - if you feel he's ready for it try it and see how you get on - if goes well keep up and if not can always come back a week later. hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular