July 2012 Mummies

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Kell,i really feel like it is af on the way,had my reminder through for my smear test last week so i think i will book it for when i have my 6 week check up and book for the depo at the same time,hopefully by then i will know where i am in my cycle if this is af.

That will be nice spending some time with your mum Smile

oh is still in bed so i am def not talking to him today Mad Laughing

Mia had a much better night sleeping by the window,she woke every 3 hours for a feed but was straight back to sleep afterwards so she is much happier this morning Smile

Hope all the other mummys and babies are ok XX
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Evening ladies,

OH is watching the footy so thought I would pop in & see how everyone is doing! Smile

Mand I bled constantly for 3 weeks then it eased off and came back with a vengence which I think was AF and I havent bled since, I have put that down on my calender & I know when Im due on so I will let you know if I come on around that time.

Katie your little lady looks adorable in her little outfit hehe. I cant wait until Jacob starts to fit in all his little outfits. Even though he is past 9lbs he is still very small bless him.

Jacob is doing really well Smile He is still waking up several times in the night for a feed but he is taking less in the night now so I am hoping that this is a sign that he might start to go through or sleep longer at least??

I did look at other formula Mand, but I have changed it twice & hasnt made a difference to his motions so I am putting his consitpation down to the fact he is on formula and the day he can have fruit & veg will sort him out Smile So for now I will stick to the lactlose as it does work for him Smile

Jacob is getting very demanding now & always has to be entertained, Do any of you ladies have any tips where I can put him down & for him not to cry to be picked up all the time. I just dont feel I can get anything done as he wants my attention all the time. I am just so glad my OH helps out as I have really struggled the last few days...We have also started a new routine with the night feeds where I will do the whole night then my OH will do the next night and we alternate & that has really helped loads and taken the pressure off Smile

I do have 1 confession I too make...I have started smoking again... Surprised Things have been very stressful with family & Jacob being demanding that its the only thing that seems to keep me sain lol.

I was wondering to the mums who are bottle feeding, how much milk do your lo's drink in a 24hr period??

I have the HV coming tomorrow to weigh Jacob so I will be very excited to know how much weight he has put on now hehe

Hope everyone is doing well & their babies are getting big and strong hehe...xxx

P.S...I was wondering when do babies tend to start holding their heads up?? Jacob appears to be getting there but he struggles bless him...I try to put him on his tummy when he is awake (He sleeps on his tummy when he asleep anyways) but he doesnt seem to try to want to lift his head, so was woundering what was normal?? Also when do babies start to smile?? Jacob smirks alot but we cant get a smile out of him if we try to??!!

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya becky i am in the smoking club as well,i have made myself a little corner at the top of the garden and that is where i go to have my 5 mins,its that or i kill someone Laughing i dont really fancy prison food although a meal at mealtime sounds quite appealing at the moment! Last night i didnt get round to eating dinner and tonight by the time i got it i didnt want it Sad

Mia is holding her head up already,i put her on my chest and she lifts her head and holds it up to look at me,the hv saw her the other day and said she was very clever,i think she is going to be an easily bored baby so am already thinking of some play mats etc for her,she has got one of those musical swings that gives me a bit of time to do a few jobs,maybe get Jacob one of those,mias plays music and has a mobile for her to look at whilst it swings Smile

With regards to the milk norm she goes every 3 hours day and night and takes between 50 and 90mls but today its been every 2 hours and she has taken 80mls

Just waiting for her to wake up now so that i can go to bed am shattered this eve,wish it would bloomin cool down Mad
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Becky we have a swinging chair for Lily if you look at the gallery of http://www.nuna.eu/leaf that's what she has, you could look at using a bouncy chair? Lily will sleep in hers if she's in the right mood as well, it's a god send. At the moment I'm trying to get her to self settle so not picking her up every time she cries! She's doing great but sometimes she just wants a cuddle lol
As for the head thing, to be honest Lily's been really strong with her head since birth, but she was overdue and I wider if that plays a part in it! She can hold her head for about 15-20 seconds while having a look around!

I am getting to a stage now where I want routine and normality back, when tommys back at school it will all fall into place, Lily feeds every 3-4 hours I'd say, I need to get her weighed actually!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:58 am 
Post subject:
I've got a cradle swing with mobile, music etc too and that's what I put Alice down in. When I had Shannah she was a nightmare and would cry all the time when she was put down and it was only me getting one of these swings that saved my sanity so when Kieran was born I got another one and I've used that for Adam and Alice too. I can't recommend them enough. Alice is holding her head up too and she's been doing it to some degree from when she was born.

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
We have got a play gym & a bouncer chair & Jacob doesnt like either on them lol. When he realises that he needs to entertain himself he crys Sad I might look at getting a swing for him & see how he takes to that!

Just had the HV round & Jacob weigh's 10lb 2 now Very Happy I am really pleased with his weight gain but then the HV decided to lecture me about how he shouldnt sleep on his front cus it can cause cot death & what not, but I said to her when he is on his back if he is sick he can choak on it which scares me to death & he is more confortable on his front & her reaction just really wound me up Evil or Very Mad.

I dont feel so bad now mand Laughing Smoking again has been a god send & has really help me chill a bit more! Smile

When Jacob is on my chest he does lift his head for a few secounds, but maybe he is developing later because he was 4 weeks early??

xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
I agree those swings are really good.. Hope when you get one your little man loves it Becky Smile
Im so nervous about putting Kacie on bottles! i just hope she takes them.. She has been tried with a dummy Evil or Very Mad which she didnt like at all Shocked So fingers crossed bottles are different..
Little lady is being a monkey lately and just wants to be held all the time.. im pretty good at letting her cry when she just wants picking up. OH on the other hand isnt! Laughing he says they are having daddy and baby time when shes asleep on his chest Rolling Eyes
Im really surprised how much a newborn can actually move!! Shes always lifting her head and shuffling around! She loves it on her from too.
Hope everyone is well Smile Xxxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hey girls!

How are you and babies all doing?

Lily is great! She weighs 9lb3oz now, she's a little porker Smile
She has colic a little, she gets quite upset for around 2 hours in the evenings until she passes wind or goes to the toilet, it's awful hearing her cry bless her. Even with that tho she is just such a good girl I am so so in love with her!
She has been really smilie as well its adorable, she started babbling yesterday which was lovely to hear! Shes growing so quickly its scary!! Her daddy is away at the moment we are all missing him very much, he will be back next week and I can't wait!

I've been looking into volunteer placements which will help me get onto the midwifery degree, so I've emailed the breast feeding network and am being given info on a 12 week training course which is fully funded and I then get to be a breast feeding peer support worker in my local area Smile I can't wait!!
Hope you guys are all good! And that the babies are making you smile daily!
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Heey hun glad to hear Lily is doing good Smile
Kacie is fine she is now 9lb 1 & half!!! Shocked Reassuring to know shes gaining weight with breastfeedong though as you just dont know how much they get do you so thats good Very Happy
Think shes had tummyache lately though she seems much better after using the infacol and me winding her between feeds too.. Midwife said she is very advanced with her head control too Very Happy
Ive got to book a dr app so they can see if they need to burn the vessell off hopefully not as its much better and seems to be going in so we shall see...
That sounds fantastic Kell.. I know the local breastfeeding people around here are fantastic and i would be lost without them so you will be very much appreciated Very Happy
Xxxx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,am speed typing as Mia is asleep but for how long who knows! Laughing

Glad to hear the babies are doing well,we have had a nightmare over the last week,for those on my fb you may of seen we are having probs with her milk and tummy pain and not sleeping,hence why i did the front sleeping post(found that helped her to sleep)

Well sunday night i was up all night and all day with her,she was so aggitated and in pain so i took her to the docs,they had prescribed her gaviscon but she was already on the thicker milk so when i added it to her feed it turnd the milk to cement, i turned the bottle upside down and the milk didnt move Shocked so yesterday was the final straw and i managed to get an emergency app at the docs,they examined her and said there was no blockage in her tummy which was good,but they wondered whether it was her milk that she was having a reaction to so they prescribed one for cows milk intolerant babies,she started on it last night and so far she has fed and been so relaxed after she is able to go to sleep,fx this will help her Smile on the other milk she would be taking 20mls/10mls etc but this one she has taken 80mls Smile
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 am 
Post subject:
Oh Mand poor Mia! It's heart breaking when they are in pain I can't bare it Sad
Hope the new milk helps in the long run Smile

Gem have you started to express and bottle feed yet? I've been expressing about 3oz a day for a few days, I tried lily with the bottle and she hated it lol, I remember the boys being the same! I will keep trying once a day so she gets use to it!

I had a very awake baby last night she was awake from 8:30-11:45, I didn't think she was going to sleep but all of a sudden she just passes out lol. I'm planning on doing a spring clean today if I can! I've been so busy with mum being here and the kids being off school I've not really been ontop of it all!
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
Awww poor Mia! Glad to hear shes settling more now though fingers crossed Smile
Kell what do you do during those two hours lo is upset? As Kacie is the same until shes poo'd too its really awful to see! Also how long do you wind her for? As i thought bf babies dont have as much wind but im thinking thats why she keeps getting tummyache..

I expressed today and tried her with a bottle.. She wasnt impressed at first but soon took it and got a bit funny in the middle of the feed but suppose its just so different for them. Me on the other hand was gutted! I actually could of cried! Which i thought id be happy once on bottles! When do you express?? Also which bottles are you using?
Sorry for all the questions hehe! Embarassed

How is everyone? Not too exhausted i hope! I know they say sleep when they do but its too hard to thats the only time to get things done lol my mum asked if she could have Kacie overnight and to let me catch up on sleep once expressing is sorted... I really dont know what to do! As much as id love a full night sleep i would miss her so much that i dont think i would sleep Laughing
what age would you say is ok for them to be apart from you??
Xxxx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Ah hope she's ok mand. Gem whenever you feel comfortable. Alice stayed at my mums a couple of weeks ago while my sister looked after her and it was fine and before that her dads mum did the night feeds a few times either while I was staying there or she was staying here. I wish my mum would have her one night but I think pigs would fly first.

I'm shattered! I'm too used to Alice being settled and last night she never went to sleep until getting onto five then was up at seven then kids were up at eight - argh! I hope she's okay tonight as I cant be bothered doing a thing and it's unfair on my other kids.

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
I agree when ever you feel ready is the right time! Maybe you could ease yourself into things, maybe get your mum to look after her while you and oh go out for a few hours first, then build up to staying over.
I think or most of us it's different because we are not on our first child!
I would welcome any break I can get lmao, altho saying that I don't feel like I need a break if that makes sence!

Gem when Lilys upset I just try to comfort her, I'll cuddle her or lay her on her back and cycle the legs and rub her tummy, or ill lay her on her front over my legs and pat her back! There's not really much we can do, I'm going to cut down on dairy and see if that has an impact on things.

Della you poor thing, Lily tends to have her awake time in late evening but she's had the odd day where she's just wanted to be up all night! Hope you manage to get some rest! The school holidays are over next week Smile altho saying that I'm not looking forward to getting everyone ready lol

I went into town with my little sister yesterday to get her school uniform, mum had lily and the boys, it was so weird not having a small child with me Smile
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
Ah Gem i remember being like that with my first and yes the first night he stayed over at his nans i couldnt sleep! but getting her used to other people is not such a bad thing as you are back at uni soon,take the break if you are offered,i agree with maybe you and oh going out for a couple of hours first,just for your peace of mind Smile

Well i have a diff baby Very Happy she fed every 3 hours yesterday,took full bottles,brought up wind,had a poo,and could put her down and she was very alert,relaxed,cooing,arm waving and smiling!!She woke every 3 hours in the night but fed,winded and straight back to sleep so she clearly was having a reaction to the milk,she was awake for 5 hours yesterday eve and was happy and content and slept on her back in her cot!! Very Happy

Hope you ladies and your babies are ok,weather is [*@!#%*] here today,cold dark and raining,have just got back from my friends so have put the heating on and i am not going anywhere this afternoon or doing anything either,have already made a curry for tonight so dont even have to worry about that.

Della hope Alice settles for you,i know how you feel with feeling guilty about the others not doing anything as Mia was taking up a lot of time but you need to rest too XX
Page 77 of 81

Jump to:  

Community

Popular