July 2012 Mummies

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
I dont feel like i need a rest as of yet but was thinking of letting my mum have her before going back to uni just to catch up on a little bit of sleep Laughing
Aww hope Alice settles for you Della and so glad to hear Mia is much better bless Smile
I do the same Kell the cycling and rubbing tummy.. How long do you normally wind Lily for? Kacie is definately a guzzler especially after seeing her with a bottle Laughing
My boobies are hurting like crazy! and shes bruised me Shocked i tried expressing off the bruised breast and it started bleeding!! Shocked Confused So just dont know what to do! She has taken to the bottle brilliantly which as eased my worries of her not liking them Smile
Meant to be nice weather at weekend fingers crossed Very Happy Xxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:27 am 
Post subject:
I just keep going until she burps gem, she will usually do it within 5 mins, if she hasn't by about 15mins she won't bring any up.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Morning all.. How is everyone doing?

Well Kacie noe weighs 9lb 4!! Little chunky monkey shes getting Very Happy Very Happy
I start back at uni on the 17th! Its come round so quick going to miss my little lady millions but luckily timetable isnt too bad this term and i finish on 3rd dec for xmas!! Very Happy

Still havent let my mum have Kacie yet but think im going to before uni.. even though i probs wont sleep and be texting every 5 mins Laughing
When should babies have routines? Weve got a little routine with feeding and bathtime..
Shes definately getting the hang of been winded now too so she hasnt had bellyache for a few days so fingers crossed Smile and shes a very trumpy baby!! Laughing

Hope everyone is well and enjoy the gorgeous sunshine.. apparently its here for the weekend too wooohoo!! Smile Smile Xxxx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Gem glad to hear little lady is not suffering with bellyache anymore Very Happy

I was going to get mia weighed tonight but it falls in with when i give her a bath so will leave it until there is a morning clinic,when we had her weighed 2 weeks ago she was 9lb 7oz and she feels really heavy now so am interested to see how much she has put on,things here are a lot more settled she is now on prescription milk which is cows milk allergy milk and it is like i have a different baby,she smiles all the time and coo's and is happy to be left in her chair and she sleeps peacefully as well Very Happy she is still a little pickle at bringing her wind up as she has normally fallen asleep by the end of her bottle but i have been putting 5mls of gripe water in her bottle and all we have to do is sit her up and up comes the wind so very happy with that Very Happy

Have been to the dentist today and had my tooth out Sad bloomin sore now and typical that i am hungry !!

Hope all the other mums and babys are well and happy Smile
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:57 pm 
Post subject:
Do you ladies bath the little ones everyday?? As my health vistor told me not too so i bath one night and top&tail next.. Confused
I think im going to leave it every 2 weeks too as at least then you should be ble to tell too Smile How much did Mia weigh when she was born?
How fast are the growing!! its crazy! Little lady is now in 0-3 clothes too wooohoo! Smile

Aww so glad the milk has helped poor little thing. How much does everyones babies take at each feed? Ive started to express and unsure how much they normally take at the age of 4 weeks...
Ouch! poor you. That reminds me i have to make a dentist app this month grrr!! Evil or Very Mad
Xxx

katie198920
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya
Hope every1 well and enjoying their babies?
Mand glad your Mia better with her milk much be such a relief for you.
Gem, Mia usually has between 2-4oz evry 4 hrs she isnt very good at drinking I have to burp her evry 1/2-1ozs n most of the time she just falls asleep I tried her on a faster teat bt just made her sick.
I got mia weighd yest and she 8lb14oz. She stil fits in tiny baby vest n clothes n newborn stuff just fits.
Are you at uni many days gem ?
Hope ur mouth starts feeling better soon mand
X
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi guys,

We are good too, I had lily weighed last week and she was 9lb 3, I imagine she close to 10lbs now tho! She still gets the odd bout of tummy ache but it's not as bad. She's smiling and cooing loads I love it! When she starts talking u can't stop her! She's just getting into 0-3momths clothes now but they are massive on her!

We all went to the farm on Monday for Charlie's birthday, it was a lovely day! The amount of people that stop me to look at her is unreal! But I love showing her off so I don't mind!

Oh is back from his holiday now as well! Altho as soon as he got back the mess instantly started driving me insane! I did miss him terribly tho honest! Maybe I should get him to live somewhere else so he doesn't drive me mad lmao!
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
lmao kell good idea! I told oh i couldnt wait for him to go to work and the kids back to school as my life would be so much easier without their mess to clean up,and it is Laughing

Gem Mia was 8lb 9 when she was born,she is really heavy but is dinky as well.
I bath Mia every night as part of her routine,she will have half her bottle around 5ish then her bath then the other half of her bottle,she will happily be awake until 8/8.30 then we put her up in her cot,i dont find it dries her skin out,but we do rub olive oil on her every other day.

Kell i know what you mean about them chatting,mia was chatting away to her nanny yesterday,it was lovely to watch Very Happy then later she was chatting to the laptop that was on the sofa Laughing

Mouth is killing me and i have got a nasty taste in my mouth YUK!!
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Well my uni timetable isnt too bad tbh i have very thursday off and most wednesdays thank god!! Was really dreading it..

I was really shocked when Kacie took 4oz!! i think its because i dont know how much she was getting from me it was really surprising and shes such a guzzler!! Laughing
Cant believe how much and how fast they grow! i know what people meant when they always use to say to me enjoy it while you can!!!

I think i might start bathing her every night instead then although it seems she has sensitive skin so what would you suggest i do? Still do alternating or bath every night?

Have you ladies had your first period yet? When do you normally get it after having a baby? Xxx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
I use asda's little angel lavender bubble bath for Mia and it's fine,theres nothing to say you have to bath them everyday but i found with my others that they would settle easier at night when they had the same routine every day and the added bonus is they sleep so much better after a bath,Mia loves it in the bath and cries when i take her out! Laughing

I thought i was going to have a period a little while ago but since then i have been bleeding on and off which tbh is starting to get on my nerves as i have to wear a pad every day just in case Confused I am booked in to see the nurse next week to have the depo injection so am hoping that it will stop the bleeding.
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
I got mine last friday and im still bleeding now. I thought had one at three or four weeks after having Alice but I must have been mistaken.

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think ive had one, I bled from birth for about 4weeks But I had the implant put in last Friday so I'm not sure I'll have one now, especially as I'm breast feeding!

Gem it's not unusual to not have a period while your breast feeding, that's why some people say that it's a good contraception! Obviously don't go with it as a contraception tho lol
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies,my mouth is killing me,have phoned the dentist and they cant get me in until tomorrow even though i told them that the pain killers are not working and i think it is infected Sad was up most of the night crying in pain and to top it off i have started bleeding really really heavy this morn,have done a post in general for some advice so am feeling really crappy Sad

Me and oh had our first middle of the night sleep deprived argument,i was in so much pain and had just got back into bed,mia woke and he got up to her,put her dummy in and got back into bed! Mad

I have sent him a text saying sorry this morning Embarassed

Sun is shining here so fx its another lovely day,they have forcast a nice weekend as well,hope you all have a lovely day XX
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:46 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies,

Long time no speak. How have we all been? Hope everyone is well & babies are thriving Smile

Things are good this end. Jacob is putting weight on nicely now and we got him weighed on tues and he is 10lb 15ounces now so he has near enough doubled his birth weight now Smile

Sleeping is getting alot easier now as well, he normally goes down between 8.30 - 9.30 then he will go through until 3.30-4.30, he will then have between 2 and 4 ounces then he goes back down until about 7ish Smile So cant really complain about that.

In the daytime he is having between 4 and 6 ounces of milk per feed and before bed he bulks his feeds up and has between 7 and 10 ounces Smile

He is smiling loads now and when he gets going he doesnt stop cooing Smile He is starting to try and copy us when we make noises at him which is cool and he is starting to hold his head up more now and for longer hehe!

I cant believe he is 10 weeks old tomorrow! Time seems to have flown by.!!

Gem I had my 1st period in aug and I am on my 2nd one now as we speak...Think because I bottle fed I came on quicker and like some of the ladies have said when your breast feed it delays your af! Smile

I am getting the implant put in at the end of the month so am looking forward to not having a period again and not haveing to use bloody condoms which I HATE with a passion!!

Me and my OH were talking the other day & we have decided that we arent going to think about trying for another baby until Jacob has started potty training Smile We wanna enjoy him for a while before taking the next step again but cant wait for that day as I miss my bump so much Sad

Gem also about bathing I bath Jacob every other day, I like to give his skin a breather and as he isnt a dirty baby I dont wanna take all the goodness out his skin Smile

Hope everyone is well Smile xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Mand is it your gun? I used to get infections where my wisdom teeth were coming through and it was the worst pain ever. The thing that helped me was as strange as it sounds brushing really roughly round the area and using corsodyl mouthwash making sure I got it under the gum line. Hope you get better soon it's honestly the worst pain and I cried with it too which is really unusual for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 78 of 81

Jump to:  

Community

Popular