July 2012 Mummies

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Im getting the implant on 27th.. They said because ive had sex (once with a condom!) They need me to wait for either my period or give enough time for a pregnancy test Shocked Last night i dreamt i went back and i was pregnant!! As much as i love being a mummy all i have to say is sod that!! Laughing I dont want another one until shes around 4-5! Laughing
Aww no mand! Sad Toothache is terrible, really hope it eases for you.
Weve been to our local surestart and have signed u for baby massage and bouncing babies cant wait to try them out Very Happy Very Happy
Oooh i never knew about breastfeeding delaying your af!
Xxxx

Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Hi all so pleased to see the pics of all these gorgeous babies ... Well done Kell glad to see all is good with you .. apart from the new babies how is everyone ? sorry I have not been here sooner xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
RACH!! Smile xx
How are you Hun? It's good to see you back! How are you and the kids doing?
I'm good and thank you! Just busy being mummy at the moment, it's quite good really not to have something else dominating my life like college did! Off to check sept mummies now Smile
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone hope you all well & babys all good?
i cant believe Mia is 5 weeks old today its going so quick. got her weighed today and she 9lb3oz so a 1lb heavier than she was when born, she starting to do the cutest smiles now and loves looking at her big sister lol,

i think i am just going back on the pill, as im a wimp and the implant actually makes my hair on my arms stand up lol thinking about it in me lol
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 am 
Post subject:
Hi Rach nice to hear from you Very Happy

Me and Mia have our 6 week check this morn,ive still not got around to having my blood test that they told me to get on friday so am hoping they will give me some iron tablets anyway.

Not had Mia weighed so not sure how much she has put on but guessing by how heavy she is in my arms i would say she is about 4 stone Laughing she is a little chunky monkey but its quite deceiving as she is very little but heavy.

Me and oh did shifts last night as she had wind that she did not want to give up and she would not settle so we are both quite tired this morn,poor oh has a busy clinic to do today as well Sad

Hope everyone is good Smile
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Mand hope u manage to get Mia settled tonight, I'm probably not much help as I breast feed but I'd go with staying up stairs to feed her, when I feed lily I just put my phone light so I can see and she falls asleep straight after a feed.

Katie glad u guys are good! Smile I had lily weighed strayer day and she is 9lb15, she's about 10days older than Your Mia tho.
We are good generally, lily seems to be far more settled now which is good, she smiles so much I love it! And she's crazy strong on her legs, I think she may crawl quite early as she's already moving around if layed on her front!
We went to a mum and toddler group on Monday it was lovely to chat to other mums, Charlie enjoyed himself and lily slept the whole time!!
I've met a mum from netmums as well, her little boy as born on the same day as lily! She seems really lovely so I'm hoping to meet her again! That's about all I've done, oh except for read the first two 50 shades books! I'm hooked! I love the love story behind it, could take or leave the sex bit tho lol! I read the second book in 4days :S
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 am 
Post subject:
Morning everyone how are you and the babys?

Things are settling here at last! Mia is now on medication for her reflux and a thickner for her milk and they seem to be doing the trick,feeds take a bit longer now but i can live with that! We have to feed her at a 30 degree angle and keep her upright for half an hour after feeding,i went and brought a Boppy yesterday as i had read a lot of good things about them and she loves it! And it means she is propped up nicely so its really helping with the reflux Smile

She was weighed at her 6 weeks check and she was 10lb 4oz the little chunk Laughing

I am now on some iron tabs and the bleeding has stopped as well and the infection i had where my tooth was taken out has cleared up so we are well on the way to feeling good again!

Hope everyone else is good and the babys are doing well XX
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Heeey ladies.. well its been my first day of uni today and i missed my little lady looooads!! Couldnt wait to get home and snuggle with her! Laughing
Had a new experience of expressing sat in a toilet cubicle ha! Embarassed
Kacie is doing great shes started properly smiling now and been very cheeky Very Happy Very Happy
She sleeps from 10 until around 2-3 then wake again around 6-7 so cant moan at that through the day she is such a lazy bum! She could sleep all day if allowed Laughing
Poor little thing had tummyache yday! it was awful seeing her in pain.. Does anyone know if they can still have aired water? as that was what my mum suggested giving her...

Hope everyone is well and babies are doing good.. We should all put a pic on of our little ones show how much they have grown Very Happy Very Happy Xxxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 am 
Post subject:
Gem do you mean cooled boiled water? Yes you can give that too the babies Smile

Lol at you expressing in the loo! How was uni other than missing your princess?

It's my birthday today! Going for lunch this afternoon, aren't birthdays cr@p when your older lol I wanna be a kid again!
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Happy birthday for yesterday Kell. Yes birthdays are pants when you get older.. I didn't do anything this year and wouldn't even have had a card off the kids if it hadn't have been for my MIL.

I got Alice weighed today and she's 10lb 4. Time is going so fast!

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah cooled boiled water lol Does it actually work to get wind up or get rid of tummyache?
Uni was fine.. Quicker its over the better lol
How was lunch? Did u enjoy your birthday?
Im most likely not doing anything for my birthday either.. Although would really like a drink as i didnt have a drink for my 21st as i was pregnant... How much can you drink when breastfeeding?
Also when is it that babies stop needing breast/formula milk?
What sort of things do you do with your little ones to keep them occupied?
Xxxx

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Evening ladies,

Long time no speak. Hope everyone is well and babies are good Smile

Things are good this end. Jacob is getting bigger & stronger everyday & learning new things Smile He is just starting to hold things now when put in his hand hehe and is nearly holding his head up completely now unaided which is brilliant Smile He is cooing at everything he sees and smiles loads also now hehe.

Im going to get him weighed in just over a week and Im dead excited to know how much he weighs now. He did weigh 10lb 15 when I went 3 weeks ago and he is feeding loads now so I reckon he is gonna be around 11lb 6ish Very Happy

Jacob is still waking once in the night still but isnt so bad as when he does finally go down to sleep at night he will go a full 8 hrs then will wake so we try and get him to bed just that little later so we get more of a good strech of sleep....most nights he will wake between 4 & 5 so cant complain about that and then once back down goes through until about 7.30-8.30.

We had to take Jacob to the docs the other week as he was being really sick and they have said that he is suffering with Reflux & have perscibed him with Gaviscon to put in his feeds which thickens them up and so far so good and hasnt been sick since...Smile

Gem I was always under the impression you couldnt drink any alcohol when breast feeding as it goes into your supply, but I could be wrong??!!

With regards to keeping the lo's occupied, Jacob likes to watch the music channels while laying on the floor. He always kicks his little legs and throws his arms around at the music while cooing and trying to talk at the tele haha..that wears him out loads. I also put him either in his bouncer or swing chair and he is quite happy listening to the music and watching the things that hang down. Or if I am gonna play with him I will lay him on the floor and show him differnt toys or make sounds etc etc Smile I do find with the music channels he wears himself out which helps me get on with stuff lol...

Thats about all I have to report atm but hope everyone is well Very Happy xx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
I don't really know if water works for wind to be honest I guess it's worth a try.
You can drink while feeding and how much is upto you really, it takes 1 hour for 1 unit to leave your body, as you are expressing anyway I would just give the bottles for the night feeds and probably until mid day, at the same time I would be expressing and throwing the milk away until the afternoon after you've had a drink.
Alcohol does transfer to your milk but I don't know exactly how much.

To entertain Lily I tend to talk to her or make silly noises, we do row row row your boat as well lol she's got a very strong head and holds it unaided for ages. She loves watching what the boys are upto as well, and laying on her back kicking and cooing! That's all you can do really until they are older! You'll notice she is more responsive and seems to see more soon which is lovely!
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
Afternoon all...
Kacie loves watching tv and listening to music too hehe!! Smile
Shes not very well at the moment, shes got a cold i think she got it from me which i feel awful for Sad just hope she oesnt get any worse luckily docs have said its not on her chest..She had to sleep in her bouncer chair last night as shes couldnt hardly breath in her moses basket poor little thing. Hope everyones little ones are not full of it too! Silly weather Evil or Very Mad
I dont drink that much anyway tbh so wouldnt be a lot just be nice to have a belated drink lol. Smile
Its so amazing how quick they grow!! Both mine and little ladys check up is on tuesday. What do they do? they wont have to check me down there will they? Confused
Xxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
Not unless you are concerned they don't, they literally just check your tummy and ask how your feeling, they are looking to see if you may have PND mostly.
For her they will check height, weight and head circumference as well as hips etc, it's basically the same check they do when you leave the hospital with baby.

Poor Katie! Hope she's better soon, lily had a cold as well but nothing too bad, she was struggling to breath while feeding which was fun bless her, but now she's realised she can cough, so she has a little fake one which is adorable lol
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 79 of 81

Jump to:  

Community

Popular