All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
Happy New Year Ladies and FX this year brings some BFPS xx
Just realised I never updated on here Shocked well after finally seeing the cons on the 15th he did want to do another lap which I had on the 18th Shocked of november after getting a cancellation and he says my remaining tube is blocked Sad and no chance of concieving without IVF which was pretty much my worst fears coming true , so we're no longer officially trying , but I suppose a part of me still hopes he got it wrong Rolling Eyes Laughing he never actually checked inside the tube so after reading a lot of stories of women who were told their tube was blocked and then got a BFP i'm not 100% convinced it genuinely is blocked and not just spasming everytime they go near it Confused He did say the was an adhesion holding my left tube down which he removed, I was a bit shocked as the cons who did my previous lap said there was no sign of any adhesions (makes me wonder just how well she looked Rolling Eyes ) so of course with my tube being short as well and looking quite far away from my other ovary in the pics from my first lap of course that got me wondering if my tube being in effect tied down and not able to pick up eggs from the right (where I ov the most) could have been one of the reasons for me not getting pregnant Question and last month at 10 DPO after having some crazy symptoms i did a test and got a faint second line (internet cheapy) but then didn't get a second line on a tesco or clearblue Sad (neither of which were early tests though) and AF was early in the end and only had a 12 day luteal phase which has never happened before , then AF was twice as long as usual so have been left wondering if it was a possible chemical Question So just in case I've been taking DHEA as i'm getting on a bit now so I wanted to give my eggs a boost so if there was even the slimmest chance of any swimmers getting through my tube hopefully I would have an egg in good enough shape to fertilise Laughing Have heard good things about it but not expecting miracles Laughing
Hows everyone else getting on ?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Nat, any chance you would go for ivf ? Or is that out of the question? Im not to bad trying to remain positive, have started taking pregnacare conception and quit smoking 2 days ago. I find I jump from being positive that theres no reason why it shouldnt happen, to being convinced that my tube is already blocked again. Almost there with the saving for ivf now. Think we will be booking a consultation come May time. Scary stuff! Keep getting a gut feeling we wont be needing the ivf but Ive been wrong on many occasions. Just terribly scared at the risk of another ectopic or miscarriage.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
It's the not knowing that drives you crazy isn't it Clare , I was convinced my tube must be blocked as that was the only reason I could see for not concieving after being told last may that everything else looked normal, then after being told this time I had this adhesion I did start to wonder if that was the problem and I just have a twitchy tube that reacts badly to being messed about Rolling Eyes Laughing even though he said he does think it must be blocked due to having no fill at all, in a crazy way that makes me wonder more if it is spasming as theres never been a point where it's been partially blocked , TTC makes you crazy Rolling Eyes Laughing
If we had the money I would do the IVF tomorrow but my OH doesn't want us to Sad He thinks enoughs enough and we've tried but it didn't work so we should just let it go , I can see his point and I turned 42 today (booo) so really the odds aren't brilliant for me anyway and he's also worried if we tried and it didn't work it would become an obsession and I'd want to keep trying , although Julie's just had a fantastic result so it does make me a little sad to not get the chance to try Sad
It's good you're almost there with the saving now Smile I used to think IVF sounded really scary but just going off peoples experiences on here it seems like a positive step , at least you always know whats happening at each stage and you know when you have your embies on board , then it's just a few days wait to testing Smile FX your gut feeling is right and you get a BFP before it comes to that ,well done on the stopping smoking , I know how hard that is, but if it helps getting that BFP it will be worth it Smile xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Meant to say March there not May. Not long at all to go Shocked
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone, just found this thread and thought I'd join in! Also glad there is a group for us. Well this is weird because I lost my right tube too!

I'm 27 (well 28 in exactly a week's time). Found out I was pregnant for the first time ever the day before my husband's 30th Birthday in June 2011. Ended up in hospital with stomach cramps and found out the diagnosis on 24th June.

We are trying again, well I say trying but just trying to let things happen like I did before, but I too am worried about another ectopic because I really don't want to go through all that again. Because my tube burst I lost a lot of blood and took me ages to recover. Seems to be diffcult just now though with both hubby and I working full time, hubby tends to be too tired in the evenings or we are out going to the gym/I go to kickboxing and never seem to time it right!! Sorry probably TMI but it is frustrating. I also made the mistake of buying a couple of baby things because I was so excited last summer and now they are just sitting there in the spare room under a sheet to stop the dust gathering and I have to keep the door shut because it just makes me more sad and frustrated!!

Having a rough time this month, thought I'd got over the worst but because I'm heading towards what would have been my due date its making me feel a bit down.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome scotch to the one tubers thread. Ive decided to approach my doctor and request a hsg I want to know if my remaining tube is still open or not. Do you think they would refer me ? I cant really see why they would refuse me given the situation we are in. Confused
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Clare i went seen GP last thurs as im concerned my one tube closed back up
They have agreed that if no BFP by April then they will send me for anouther HSG
So in anserw to your q im sure they will
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:26 am 
Post subject:
If they did refuse they're not that expensive privately, I was quoted 269 although obviously free is better Smile but if they wanted you to wait and you didn't want to then it might be an option Question Most of the private hospitals do them, my quote was with the Spire, and the price varies at different centres , FX the GP refers you though xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:21 am 
Post subject:
Thats good to know Nat thanks, they can only say no I guess.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
If you've got a nice GP i'm sure they'll agree , as you said considering your circumstances and how much IVF costs (and the fact they won't treat you on the NHS ) you would think they would , Good luck xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Have you been to the GP yet Nutty ? xx
How are you all Ladies ? xx
Well bit of an update on my one tube saga Laughing after pushing at my last app the poor bullied doc Laughing said he would refer me to a Dr Seif at St Marys to see about tubal cannulation, he said the doc would want to check out my notes first to see whether to offer a referral and it may take some time, anyway I got my app through Shocked Very Happy Laughing am trying (not very successfully Laughing ) to not get too excited , as he may not be able to help, but am presuming if he's offerred an appointment it;'s on the basis that he did read my notes and thinks I might be a candidate Very Happy ,now I could be wrong it could just be that the hospital got the other docs referral and put it through and this Dr Seif has never been anywhere near my notes Question which is why i'm trying not to get too excited Rolling Eyes Laughing , especially as the app isn't until the 2nd of May .
But really I am hopeful that he may be able to do something , or at least try and do something Very Happy he seems to be the top guy in the region though as i was also given his name when i enquired at the Spire about the procedure .
So it's given me a bit of a push (which I needed ) to get into the best possible shape in case he can do something Very Happy My plan being that I've got a couple of months to get to my ideal weight and take all the supplements etc. that should mean my eggs are the best they can be, so if he does decide he can do the procedure we have a good chance of success asap as I know that tubes can reclose after this depending on the reasons for the blockage in the first place Confused . Am even wondering if he would maybe recommend trying clomid Question
as I just have the one tube and ov more on the right ( to the point where in the first 6 months after my reversal I only ov'd on the left once Shocked ), my previous con said if my tube had been open he would have prescribed it to give me more of a chance of a lefty egg Laughing ( I know tubes can pick up eggs from the other ovary but mine is shorter than it was as well )
I do hope that if he does agree it's not a huge waiting list though as i'm not getting any younger and in august we hit the 2yr mark as well Shocked
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Oooooo Nat exciting stuff , youd have thought theyd do surgery otherwise whats the point of the referal. Havent been to the doctors yet, with it being half term its difficult having my son in tow so Im going to make an appointment for next week when he is back at school. Got mixed views about it really, not sure if I really want to know especially if it is blocked because the last arrogant cons I saw said they wouldnt offer any more surgery Confused maybe thats something else to take up with my gp should it be blocked to see whether my lovely gynae would operate again if thats the case.

We are really frustrated with ourselves at the moment , we have been silly fools and are still smoking Embarassed Embarassed We are smoking our last ones today, the most ridiculous thing about it is the fact we now have the money we need for ivf.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, it's so hard to stop when you're under stress Smile .
They do get it wrong as well sometimes on HSG which complicates things Confused if you have a spasm when the dye goes in, which i read can happen to as many as 1 in 6 women , and then you're none the wiser Question
Maybe the other cons would operate again if you asked him ?
Now you have the IVF money there though are you not just tempted to go for it ? Smile
I know i'm at the point that if my OH would agree and we did have the money I would probably go for IVF tomorrow rather than wait any longer (mind you I do have some very loud ticking going on in my head Embarassed Laughing )as all the NHS stuff takes forever , this new app will be almost 6 months after my lap and dye and then there could be another 3-4 months (or more ) to wait if he does agree , which i'm hoping he will based on actually getting the referral (as you said what would be the point if they had no intention of doing it Question )and then it's back to trying and waiting every month to see if anything happens , worth it in the end though if you actually get that BFP I suppose Very Happy
While I've been reading up on other sites though i found a surprising number of posts from women who had IVF after being told they had tubal blockages and then later got a surprise pregnancy, (it happened to someone on here as well) but generally their docs seemed to think it was the hormones in the first pregnancy and the tubes being stretched that opened them up again ,so maybe without the IVF pregnancy it wouldn't have happened Question but still it's nice to know that nice surprises can still happen Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular