ONE TUBERS THREAD

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Oh we are definately going ahead with ivf regardless of what the hsg results are, we just want to know whether its still open or not. By the time we have been quit for 6 weeks we will contact the clinic to make an appointment. By our calculations by the time we actually start treatment we should be heading towards 3 months clear by then. Still hoping and praying for a miracle really am not looking forward to the prospect of ivf.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 pm 
Post subject:
When i started out and I had to choose whether to go for the IVF or the op I really dreaded the thought of IVF Confused , but after following some of the Ladies on here in their journeys , it seems like a mostly positive process Smile
I know the fact it's a one off type thing scared the [*@!#%*] out of me Shocked , but at your age there's a good chance you'd get some eggs to freeze (I was told I wouldn't Confused ) so you could do a frozen transfer later if neccessary ,
i bet it's one of those things you build up to be really scary in your head and then once you start it, it isn't as bad as you imagined Laughing , and at least it's quick and you always know whats happening with all the scans and everything, so thats got to be a positive compared to TTC Rolling Eyes Laughing
That sounds like a good plan to give you time to get some good eggs growing Very Happy and there's loads of info on improving egg quality on the various IBF forums and the differences some women have seen from one cycle to the next just from doing a few simple things are really impressive Shocked I saw one who had her first cycle cancelled because of a poor response and who got 21 eggs from her second Shocked Very Happy and she swore that was down to changing her diet and taking some extra vits and stuff ,
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get your miracle first though xxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
I havent got a clue what to do about my diet for ivf. I am a really fussy eater and I mean fussy, I dont eat red meat and theres only a handful of fruit and veg I like. I dont seem to like any of the stuff I need to be eating ie fish, nuts etc Sad Im taking pregnacare conception and also omega 3 supplement with dha as Ive heard thats a good.I just worry my body wont be in good enough shape as far as nutrients go. Do you reckon supplements would cover what Im missing?
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Some might be useful, and you can get protein powder to make shakes with (the whey proteins better than the soy one) the nuts are for selenium which you can get in capsules , zinc you can also get supplements but any changes you do make will help too , sometimes you just have to try stuff a few times before you find a way to cook it that suits you best as well, i was put off loads of stuff because of my mums cooking but I like it now after finding a way to cook it so it tastes better and I hide veg in a lot of stuff because of the kids and you can't always taste it then Laughing or chuck stuff in stir fries with loads of spices so again you don't really get the taste the same .
Red meats not the best source of protein anyway , chickens better , eggs and dairy too but full fats better than low fat .
I did find a huge list of vits and minerals on one of the IVF forums that someones doc had advised she took, stuff like , zinc and selenium for egg(and sperm quality) and improving your lining, vit b6 best taken with a b complex, anti oxidants like L-arginine and Alpha linolenic acid, vit e , magnesium ,a general probiotic vitamin supplement and double the normal does of folic acid (you can't oeverdose on it ) it was a big list but it's only for a few weeks , I did buy a lot of them and did find I felt much better in myself and didn't actually get ill once last year and then over christmas stopped taking them and got ill 3 times in January , so they must do something Question the zinc, selenium and magnesium are all really good for sperm production as well .
I found a lot of useful info on FF on an over 40's IVF forum as they were all really concerned about egg quality so were going all out, thats where i saw the post from the woman who went from a poor response to 21 eggs . I wouldn't try anything herbal mind you as they can interfere with the drugs but vits and minerals can't do any harm xx
scotchmi5t
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 am 
Post subject:
Just posted another thread but thought I would share in here too - possibly got a BFP yesterday!! Did a test, really early, only 16 days into cycle but have been feeling dizzy/sicky/tired and had spotting last week. Shouldn't have tested so early but couldn't wait. Got a really very faint line, but can definitely see it and hubby can see it too. Got appointment with doc next Wed for a different matter but will ask for another test whilst I'm there and hopefully will confirm. Fingers crossed!! Trying not to get over-excited but I can't help it, just hope I'm right Smile
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy congrats hun.. FX all is well.. keep an eye on things though XX
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations and FX all goes well this time xxx
scotchmi5t
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Was at docs this morning - confirmed BFN. Sad Crying or Very sad
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hello I thought I would say hello. I am a one tuber, I have 1 daughter, and have had 2 ectopics.
I am ttc #2.
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Mazza, wow 2 ectopics? Was 1 diagnosed early enough to save tube I take it. Were they both in the same tube? x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:31 am 
Post subject:
Smile hiya Mazza xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
dimples89
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
so i know noone has replied in here since may, but i thought i would. i had an ectopic back in october last year, i was 7 weeks exactly.

i used to come on this sit when i was ttc the first time, and i remember you nutty1, and im so sorry to here youve been through all of this.

im currently ttc again, 9 months down the line and not a flutter of hope of a bfp.

oh also i had right tube removed.

michelle x
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Michelle

Try not to lost hope. I had an ectopic in November 2010 and I am now the proud mother of a bouncing 10 month baby boy as well as my 3 year old of course.

Terri xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:48 am 
Post subject:
Hey Michelle,

Its been almost 20 months since our ectopic and 13 months since my last tubal surgery and no natural bfp at all for me. Hence why we have moved on to Ivf. It may be worth a visit to your doctors to get them to check your remaining tube x
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject: newcomer hoping to conceive
hey guys, this is the place i belong! i too had ectopic preg after i was sterilised! cant remember which side though been a long time ago. i am 44 now and with my second husband of 13 years we did get preg once about 10 yrs ago now but nothing since. Took ovulation tests cos i thought i might be going through the change - had period 3rd jan but didnt ovulate till 4th of feb so had sex the day before. Still have not come on but prg tests say negative i was so happy i AM still ovulating and there is a chance im hoping that with the ovulation test i will get preg soon as my hubby has no kids of his own and this is our last hope as im getting on.

5 live births
2 miscarriages
one ectopic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular