AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 pm 
Post subject: Thai chicken noodle soup - slow cooker
coconut milk (1 can)
chicken stock (1 litre)
half tbs thai green curry paste
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp minced ginger (I used the frozen stuff)
2 cloves of garlic minced
water chestnuts (I got a little can of them)
Chicken (used left over from roast)
Mixed frozen peppers
Frozen sweetcorn
Carrots sliced thinly (x4)
Spring onions (bunch, trimmed and cut lengthways)
Amoy noodles x 2 packs thought you might want to only use 3 sachets depending on whether you want it more soupy or not or use rice noodles instead.

Chuck coconut milk, chicken stock, soy, garlic, ginger, curry paste into slow cooker along with water chestnuts, peppers, sweetcorn and carrots and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. After 2 1/2 hours add chicken, spring onion and noodles. If you're not using leftover chicken then put chicken in from the start and try to shred it at the point of adding the noodles etc. Cook for another 1 hour on high.

If you're cooking it for kids who aren't used to spicy food I'd either leave the curry paste out or put only the tiniest bit in. You could also add bamboo shoots, beansprouts, baby sweetcorn, fine green beans etc but I forgot some bits when I was shopping.

I got the recipe for the base for this soup off some website but adjusted it for slow cooking and added bits in myself.

SleepyMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
This sounds delicious! I love my slow cooker - and can't wait to make this for my fam. YUM!
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:40 pm 
Post subject:
It's nice but I'd use rice noodles instead of the thicker ones. I've made it both ways and I much prefer it with them x

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular