How were you proposed to?

StaceyRD
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm 
Post subject: How were you proposed to?
Or how did you propose!

Just a good old nosey post to share our stories and start this section of the forum. Smile

Paul "half proposed" to me in November last year - we'd had a lot of snow so the ground was all covered, and he left for work at 6am. I woke and looked out the window to see "MAR" written in footsteps on the front garden, and a big mess of footprints in the back garden. Confronted him and he eventually admitted he was proposing, but it wasn't perfect so he stopped - and stalled for ageees.

Then on 6th April - our 3 year anniversary - this year I heard him pottering about before work one morning. Came downstairs to find a note stuck to the wall saying "Follow Me" with a Happy Anniversary card attached, then another on the front room door, another on the kitchen door, and one above the oven saying "Open me <3". Inside the oven Paul had hidden another card and a sponge cake he'd iced with "Marry me?" The card said "Congratulations on your engagement", but he'd changed the "your" to "our" Laughing He rang me when he got to work saying "Just thought I'd give you a ring" Rolling Eyes We later went out to Pizza Hut just the three of us then picked up my ring hehe.

So how did it happen for you all?
x

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
stacey, thats so sweet, sounds like he put los of thought into it - well my oh had a big proposal planned - going to our fav posh restaurant and having champagne etc but he had gone out and got my ring earlier in the week (that fitted!!!!!) and couldn't wait any longer so after a very long day at work when i was totally exhausted and looked terrible (must love me cause i looked knackered!!) he asked me to marry him, he cried and i couldn't stop smiling! we had a drink and a very cosy evening together!! it was so lovely cause no one knew and we were just in our own world, i coudn't stop looking at the ring he had chosen, it was perfect and exactly what i would have chosen - doesn't sound the most exciting but to me it was very lovely and tbh i would have hated to be in a packed restaurant with everyone looking at us.... the weekend followed drinking lots of champers celebrating with the family..... makes me smile thinking about it now Smile x
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:16 pm 
Post subject:
My OH did it on boxing day, I was 6 months pregnant at the time. He had spent christmas day with his family (at the time his ex wife would not let me have contact with his daughter!) so he came over boxing day. We did the whole family present thing, I was in the middle of making a christmas lunch, i got a jewellers bag! The kids were saying its a wedding ring mummy! I was so thick I just throught it was a pair of earrings. Opened the box to find the ring. Went back to turning the roast potatoes. The ring didn't fit as even though he had the size, they couldn't give it to him. So i couldn't wear it and it had to go back. I got it back and then found in the process of resizing it they had loosened one of the stones so it had to go back again! we wanted to get married on 5 November. Guy Fawkes, and OH is called Guy! but we have so many unforeseen expenses and OH not working and me on mat leave its on hold.
carolineh
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Kat and Alfie were getting married on T.V. ( Brom my 12 year old used to be a soap addict lol) so my DH just looked at me and said shall we? My reply was..shall we what?? He said ohh nothing.
20 minutes later,a disgruntled me shouted from kitchen... If that was your attempt at a proposal I best get a decent ring. We went ring shopping and he started looking at some weird looking high priced rings but I loved the look of one with blue topaz and diamonds and it was in the sale lol. Been married 6 years now Laughing Laughing Trust me you dont want me to go there about our wedding Exclamation Exclamation

Lillyboo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
well now you have said that.... i want to know!!! lol
KaBum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
Mine wasn't overly romantic but very 'Ian' so suits me just fine Laughing Ian proposed to me on my 18th birthday, we went to Alton towers and stayed in a B&B and we had a day on the rides, then at the end of the day we sat on a bench under a tree in the sun and Ian said 'cover your eyes' so I did then he said open them and when I did he took a close up picture of my face Rolling Eyes then he said 'Do it again' and when I opened them he was down on one knee with the ring in his hands Very Happy
carolineh
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
anon1234 wrote:
well now you have said that.... i want to know!!! lol

Lmao well...

We were living in Crawley West Sussex so my parents and brother and sil had to come to us. At first they were all staying in a hotel locally but then we got a call a couple of days before wedding day and sil said they could not afford to fly down from Newcastle and stay over so we offered them our flat but no that wasnt good enough. So my DH went to met my parents to show them how to get to our flat and I met my bro and sil as they got a bus from airport. All was ok till we got to an hour before ceremony and weather decided to throw it down with rain, sil moaned she would get wet.
At registry office we were all wet but sil moaned and my soon to be MIL had to walk away or she was gonna say a few choice words to my sil. After the ceremony my mum and MIL were taking pictures and my sil refused to be on any of them as she looked like drowned rat. So we got to restaurant and through entire meal my sil told everyone ( my folks, MIL, FIL, BIL and his wife) how wonderful her and my bro's wedding was gonna be blah blah blah and said they had even hired a mini bus to ferry the IN LAW'S about.
We decided that beings as our parents didnt know each other that we would go bowling just us and them and my then 6 year old son. We went to the hotel where we were all going to stop and my bro and sil came with us but they didnt have any money so in middle of bar they asked my mum for money to buy a drink. When we left to go bowling bro and sil were supposed to go airport and my hubby offered to take them but they said no. They got on a bus without saying bye to us and that was that or so I thought.
As we was bowling my mobile went off and it was my bro saying the flight was delayed by 2 hours so I said well what do you want me to do? so he said come get us...my dad phoned him and told him no but that was then my fault for getting my dad involved.
Can you tell me and sil dont get on?? lol we've not spoke for best part of 3 years now because of her behaviour at my wedding and other stuff.

lol well you did ask... may sound petty but that's the story of my wedding day xx

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
Me and my oh hadn't seen much of each other so we decided to go to the cinema one sunday, then to Airth Castle for dinner as a treat for us both for working so hard and to cheer me up as i hadn't been well (I was pregnant, second time). Anyway after the cinema en route to Airth, i began feeling really sick and when we parked up we just decided to go a walk around the grounds, they are gorgeous. Anyway, i started to really need the bathroom and oh was like not much longer and then we'll head back to the car. Then all of a sudden he turns me round, gets down on one knee, starts being all mushy, pulls out the box with my ring in it, opens it and asks me to marry him. We went straight to my mums to tell her xx

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 am 
Post subject:
just at the dining table for us, nothing special but perfect to me x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Smile at Alton Towers in August 2009.. my 6 kids my boyfriend and me were on the conga river rapids.. when he got the ring out and asked me.. to marry him.. I nearly dropped the ring in the water I was so surprised!!.... Good thing it wasnt on Oblivion or Nemesis xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
My ex proposed to after 9 years at a resturant in China Town in London on Valentines Day........but bad timing as I was just about to dump him. I couldnt do it there and then so waited a week and did it Evil or Very Mad
FaeryBUMfly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
I was at a beaver scout sleepover in charge of 50 kids under 8 when through the front door walks Mark with an enormous bunch of white roses and says to the kids I need to ask keeo (my scout name) a really important question and you all have to make sure she says yes! he then gets down on one knee.... looks really pale and bluts out "marry me" the kids go mad the other leaders (including my mum) start clapping he goes beetroot, I say "yes" he goes to stand up, trip over and squashes my flowers! Laughing was really pleased he did it that way with my mum there though!
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
I had just done a night shift at work and I'd only been asleep for an hour when he came in and said "Dan, wake up I've got something to show you". I replied with, "P*ss off, can't it wait until later?" Embarassed He said "ok" but he sounded really sad so I sat up to see what it was and he gave me the box and left me to figure out the rest for myself Rolling Eyes It took a while as I was really tired. Also, my hair was all stuck up on one side and my eyes were all squinty because I'd just woken up, so I wasn't looking my best Laughing
He'd gone to pick the ring up that morning and said he couldn't wait until I'd woken up.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 am 
Post subject:
My OH proposed on Christmas day of 2009

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular