Endo, D & C, Blocked Tubes & Ventrosuspension-Fed up

charleelou
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:33 am 
Post subject: Endo, D & C, Blocked Tubes & Ventrosuspension-Fed up
Hi Ladies,

Firstly, i have been on for a while, Moved into a house/wedding planning is taking up a LOT of my time, but iv seen loads of BFP which is great and even more so some of these people are on IVF or Clomid - Gives us all hope Smile Secondly, Sorry for the LONG message and slight rant!

To cut a long story short, diagnosed with Endo nearly 6 years ago and had a laparoscopy that same year, kept asking if it would affect my fertility but as i was only 19/20 didnt think to much about it at the time and they never ended up checking.

Symptons came back over time, couldnt stand the pain anymore and had another laparocopy start of 2010, at which point me & OH were advised to start TTC if we were in a position to as i was in the older bracket now to TTC (I was 23 at the time!!!) - so thats what we did. Obviously with no luck - OH has been tested all is fine. My Ovulation levels were very low, They did an LPG scan and my tubes dont look great, they cant give me Clomid as it feeds my Endo, Been going and forward to the hospital and they decided i needed another(3rd now) laparoscopy to get rid of the Endo again, also whist there "in there" they are going to do a D & C and also flush my tubes- So i knew all this and went to the pre-op and the nurse tells me i have a titled womb which is probably why i am in so much pain a lot of the time so now i have to have that sorted which i believe is called Ventrosuspension.

Dont get me wrong i want it all to be sorted in one go but i am getting so fustrated that everytime i go they decide they havent tested something or looked into something before, Why has it taken 6 years to get here??? Why didnt they look at my tubes when i was 19 and see if they had already been affected? It might be to late already, I understand i didnt want children then but surely it should be looked at no matter what age to see whats been done already.

So after nearly 2 years TTC it turns out theres ANOTHER problem and they dont seem in any rush to get my op done and get it all sorted. That is our best time to fall pregnant if im ever going to.

Im scared that after this if it doesnt happen IVF is our only chance and im scared of the ventrosuspension, im used to Laporoscopys, i know what to expect, within a week im up and about pretty much as normal, they have advised its at least 4 - 6 weeks off work etc with this and OH has put me on STRICT instuctions to bedrest as last time i rushed back to work and ended up back in A & E.

SO........Has anyone else had a Ventrosuspension?Were you in a lot of pain? Any joy TTC after? Anyone else getting annoyed with hospitals taking so long to do EVERYTHING??

Sorry for the rant but i know you'd all understand! Confused
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 am 
Post subject:
I've never had it but I have a retroverted uterus and I've heard of the procedure, funnily enough I was with my Gynae cons yesterday and asking if it could be a reason for us not conceiving after 15 months ttc and he said it shouldn't make a difference , he said your womb can move depending on your position if your bladder is full etc. etc. and that sometimes it will tilt backwards while you're lying down and then move forwards when you stand as it's attached with 2 ligaments a bit like a hammock ,he certainly didn't see it as a problem that needed treating Question with the procedure they want to do to you they sew the ligaments to the interior of the abdominal wall at the front Confused now obviously i'm no doctor but I'd have concerns about issues with the uterus stretching (during pregnancy)and pulling those ligaments and them not being able to stretch normally Question but it doesn't sound like anything major as far as ops go or particularly as if it would cause extra pain etc. after maybe they just want you to have time off to give your body time to create scar tissue to keep the ligaments where they've been sewn Question By the way I have never had any pain related to having a retroverted uterus (it can be the normal position for some women) and would have thought maybe it's the endo causing the pain ?as my Mum and Sis both had it and it caused them a lot of pain , Good luck xxx
charleelou
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi

Thanks for that. Yeah ive not heard to much about it, It feels like it was just sprung on me. i know a few people who have had it but never had to have anything done about it, I dont know wether they are doing it maybe as they will already be doing other things at the same time.

I suppose i shall wait and see whats been done when i wake up from the op!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Yeh could be , although I had a sterilisation reversal and my cons didn't do anything and a lap and dye in May with another cons and she never mentioned it as a problem Question maybe it depends on how severe it is ? Good luck with the op, have they said how lng you'll be waiting ? I just went on the list for another lap yesterday and was told around 3 months but they seemed to think that was a long wait Question so FX yours will be shorter xx
charleelou
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:04 am 
Post subject:
to be honest the hospital have been awful, the nurses are lovely, its the reception staff who are jobsworth that are awful - sorry rant over!!

They think it will be between xmas and NYE at the moment, to be honest i know it sounds bad but im just going to keep calling and bugging them lol x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sad ahh so sorry hun.. I really hope they get you sorted out soon..it must be so frustrating XX
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular