Scared

lysianassa
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject: Scared
This month I discovered that I had an ectopic pregnancy. Basically I lost the baby and my right tube. Devastating isn't the word and I'm still dealing with a lot of pain and grief but I'm hiding it as much as I can so that I can be a good mama to Sebastian.

I'm going to start ttcing soon but I am so scared to at the same time. What happens if I have another ectopic? I only have one tube left, if it happens again I won't be able to have any more babies. what if I can't have any more anyway since I have PCOS?

At the moment I am feeling just so scared and negative.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hunnie,i can understand why you are scared Sad

I am having my bloods done every 2 days at the moment as i am high risk of having an eptopic.

I would go and have a chat with your gp,tell them that you would like to be reffered to the EPU as soon as you conceive.I was lucky enough to get an appointment with my gp the morning after i got my BFP and was seen at the EPU that day as well and am going every 2 days,i dont think there is anything that is going to completely put your mind at rest until you have your scan and see that everything is ok but at least you will be monitored by the hospital Smile
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Sad I understand too hun..
after losing my tube and having 2 m/c..
am still ttc.. while Ive got my other tube..
the chance of you having another is 10%
I would check its ok to take Soy, before you start on it again?? xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
lysianassa
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
I've decided I'm not going to take the soy again. it's probably not what caused it but I don't ever want to take the chance again. Couldn't bear it if it happened twice.

bubbaroonie
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
Im so sorry hun what has happened. I had 2 children before my ectopic, I fell pg first month both times, although bled to 20 wks both time, with threatened miscarrige. I really was in shock with my ectopic as it was 8 years on and didn't cross my mind. I lost my right tube in emergency surgery and my HSG said my remaining tube was blocked. But a year after my EP I fell pg with my miracle, who is Matilda and now 2. It's natural to worry, believe me I did, but hopefully all will go well next time. And they will scan you and take bloods from very early on.

All the best, Clairex
rainbow50
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:46 am 
Post subject:
Just sending my thoughts to you. I had my operation and lost my right tube in April. Started ttc again in June but so far have had no luck. With my son and the ectopic I got pregnant the first month straight away so this is sad and taking its toll on me. I understand your fear as we all are scared of it happening again but I suppose it's just a chance we have to take. I would have had my new baby this week!! Sad If my husband says it wasn't meant to be one more time I'll go mad!!!
Good luck!!
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 am 
Post subject:
I can understand your fears, as well as the normal risk of ectopic I also have the extra worry whether my remaining tube is still open. Ive had surgery on it twice now , both times it has been completely blocked. Its a terrifying thought of falling pregnant again and it happening a second time. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

It is scary and when I got my BFP this time I convinced myself it was another ectopic but it wasn't and all is going well.

I was told at the time of my ectopic that my other tube was fine so I was at no greater risk of an ectopic and my conceiving chances were not really reduced that much.

Just make sure you are referred to the EPU after you get your BFP, this will put your mind at rest.

Terri xx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

It is scary and when I got my BFP this time I convinced myself it was another ectopic but it wasn't and all is going well.

I was told at the time of my ectopic that my other tube was fine so I was at no greater risk of an ectopic and my conceiving chances were not really reduced that much.

Just make sure you are referred to the EPU after you get your BFP, this will put your mind at rest.

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular