confirmed OV?

bikini
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:46 pm 
Post subject: confirmed OV?
hi ladies,

i have been charting on fertility friend now for a couple of months. i have lower temps in my follicular phase and slightly higher in my luteal phase. does anyone know if this proves i definately OV??

xx
Doddsy
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:49 am 
Post subject:
It will tell you if you have ov'd but not how good an ov it was. Only 21day blood tests can tell you how good an ov it was xxx
Impatient
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 am 
Post subject:
I don't get it - Claire, what do you mean by how good an ovulation it was?

Thanks!

Impatient x
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Well you can ov with an egg that is not as good quality as it should be. Lets say that your temps went up at ov time, you would assume you ov'd but you could have 21day tests done that could say that it was a poor ov. I think the figure is anything over 30 and it means you have had a good ov. In most cases as long as you have a temp hike it is good enough.
The only reason i looked into this is because although i think i ov'd last month i wasn't sure as i wasn't charting my temps for the whole month. I had a break and only took them when i thought i should be ov'ing.
xxxNot sure how clear i've made that but i'm sure if someone can make it clearer then they will xxx
MissSunshine78
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
did your ff software say you had ov'd? my temps only went up slightly last month, but software thinks i ov'd. Getting day 21 bloods done this month cause we've been ttc for a yr.
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:15 am 
Post subject:
thanks for that claire. im going back to docs with my charts at the end of this cycle and he is going to get my oh swimmers tested. then i guess its on to me and the bloods will tell the story. thanks xx
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All

I have just started charting my temps, and notice that my temp went down to 35.9, then 35.7 and then jumped up to 36.9 and 37.0, then 36.9 again, so am sure that this means I have ovulated with the significant jump in temp.

Anyone tell me otherwise!!

But not an expert on charting only a beginner at the moment.

Kirk

http://www.mycycle.com/home/ZFFZY
bikini
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
yes kirk i think you have OVed. if you join fertility friend and put in your temps, the graph will tell you if you have OVed. im off to the docs to show him my charts and go on to the next process whatever that it....

miss sunshine - pls can you tell me about the 21 day blood tests?... my temps went up slightly but as Claire says not sure if i do and if i do what my count is? very confusing
xx
MorganL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Would anyone mind checking my chart to see if they think the dip and spike in temps could be ovluation?

FF doesn't seem to think so..

My Ovulation Chart
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi bikini

Have tried to get onto fertility friend but it wont show me anything like ovulation etc without me signing up for the VIP programme?

Am I doing something wrong?

Kirk

http://www.mycycle.com/home/ZFFZY
bikini
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 pm 
Post subject:
hi kirk,

i am still on my trial period which includes a free spell on the VIP programme, although it runs out in about a week. i have just looked at the differences but it does say that on the free basic package it will show you if you have OVed or not.

try signing up again and include the VIP bit. you wont get charged unless you decide to pay for the VIP after the free trial.

have you entered all your details and temps? i think im right in saying that you have to have an upwards shift in temp to show you have OVed. the more months you chart the better the system has for interpretation.

let me know how you get on. aarrghh!! im on a new cycle today as AF has just arrived. good luck xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular