can anything be done for a broken toe?

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 pm 
Post subject: can anything be done for a broken toe?
My son (scott, 9) hurt his little toe about 3weeks ago, he is always hurtin himself one way or another so didnt take much notice, just looked a bit red, he has been complainin about it every now n then since, so had another look n its still really swollen, n i think it mite be a funny shape but hard to tell through swelling. Does it sound broken? N is there anything that can be done for a broken toe? Do i need to take him to gp? Or just leave it to heal? Xxx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
may be broken toe.

i have broke my toe twice and the pain was that bad i was in tears and thats not lke me but all they cud do is strap it to next toe for support and wait for it to heal.

Ellowyn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like it could be broken yes.. Maybe get it checked out? I doubt they can do anything really just strap it up to the next toe for a few days/weeks to see if that makes a difference and maybe to not put to much weight on it and to wear some socks for soft padding?
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:36 am 
Post subject:
Depends how badly broken it is Question , if it's out of place they will straighten it and then maybe strap it, if it's already straight they will just strap it to the next toe normally . If it looks a funny shape I'd take him to the docs as it may need straightening so it doesn't cause him problems later Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular