9 year old behaviour! am i wrong??

girl03
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:33 pm 
Post subject: 9 year old behaviour! am i wrong??
well i thought i had have a rant on here, i got a 9 year old boy who fair play is getting a handfull im forever grounding him for doing wrong things and finding it ard to praise him on the good things as there arent many. well today had a phone call off school to say this a.m he had been naughty to a teacher and had been sent to office dinner time, teachers asked had he had dinner and he had said yes. well this p.m break he told pupils and staff he hadnt ate so they had to feed him 3pm as they didnt want him to go without food.
well on arrival home from school he walked in as if nothing had happened so confronted him about it and he lied blantely to me not knowing i had spoke to his teacher, so sent him to room untill he decided to tell me the truth. well got te truth out and he didnt want to do his teachers work so got sent to office, also said he lied to teachers about having food not to have another row. so questioned him about his attitude/behaviour and he came up with the excuse because he dont get his own way!! and used the example of other morning for breakfast he asked me can he have biscuits and i said no have toast or cereal. (which i think is right) so conversation carried on and basically he got upset cause he wanted to go rugby tomorrow after school, wants to play out side with his friends etc. but like i said to him how can i give you good things when you give me your naughty side and not listen, have a attiude etc. so he`s still in bed now being punished for is behaviour. am i wrong in stopping him having good things if all i get is not listening, attiude and naughtyness off him?
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 am 
Post subject:
My eldest is a handful at times too! Not in school, just at home. His attitude stinks, he is disrespectful, he grits his teeth at me and his step-dad, he trashes his room, and is just in general a big mouth!
I used to shout at him all the time, until I got exhausted of it and so now I talk to him. I'll sit him down calmly and talk to him about the issue and then take something off him, like his ds and reitterate why! ive found he is responding to this much better.
I know its draining and disheartening but he will be doing this for a reason, its just find out what this reason is and sometimes focusing on the negative all the time, a child learns that he is still getting your attention.
a lot of the time now, when Liam acts up - i ignore him. and i have to admit, he is becoming much better!
Dont get me wrong, he has other issues too but ive found ignorance is the way forward because then when i do talk to him its in a positive way. and not shouting.

also, maybe speak to his teacher, i did and was allocated a behavioural support worker. You may find the extra advice from a support worker is helpful, expecially with another little 1 on the way

xxxx
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say keep doing what ur doing stay calm and persevere and he will learn that his behaviour is not acceptable .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular