Done on the BMI THE Park - Mr Pickles
No pregnancies to date

Tubes really good length and healthy - open reversal done
Still bruised and really sore will start ttc soon.... Very Happy
Jillybeanz2011
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jellybean, I see you had your reversal with dr pickles.. I'm also thinking of using him, how were you sterilised? Are you feeling ok after the procedure?

Smile
JellyBean73
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Jillybean2011 I am really good healing well and getting back to normal. As of yesterday now actively ttc, so hopefully it wont be too long now for me. Dr Pickles is fantastic, excellent bedside manner. Always there if you need to ask questions. His Secretary Mandy is outstanding too, nothing is too much trouble.

Another lady on here had her Op with Dr Pickles mid september and is all already pregnant. We both traveled a fair distance to have our Op with him, as he seemed to be the best about.
JellyBean73
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 am 
Post subject:
I for got to add in I was sterilised 8 years ago with filshie clips. My surgeon at the time left 2.5cm either side of the uterus before he put the clips on. So that if I changed my mind in the future I could have it reversed. When Dr Pickles did the reversal he said it went very smoothly and both my tubes were healthy and I had good lengths. I am hoping that my tubes will now do their job.... Wink
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for getting back to me.. I was sterilised nearly four years ago, cut and cauterised (butchered) have no idea how much of my tubes are left Sad hopefully there are some remaining..

Good luck with your BFP

X
JellyBean73
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 am 
Post subject:
Jillybean if you get hold of your notes of when the sterilization was done, this gives the Docs a better idea of whether its worth doing the op or not. I personally saw a couple of consultants before I decided who I went with. I also did a lot of research on the docs too.

Good luck hun its a really tough decision to make. Shocked
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Jilly bean I was cut and cauterised and due to damage caused only had one repairable tube and have now been told just over 2 yrs on that its totally blocked with scar tissue, with tubes that have been cauterised knowing what i now know I'd go the IVF route Question
It took so long to get my op report back that I'd already booked my reversal before I knew I'd been cauterised and it really can cause some horrible damage and adhesions, my right tube was stuck together and stuck to my abdomen and couldn't be saved and my left ended up shorter than the surgeon liked after he'd trimmed it back, I never got a BFP despite getting pregnant 4 times on the pill and twice first month trying and even when your tube/tubes look normal after being cauterised there can be internal damage to the little hairs that move the sperm and egg together as they use electricity which is very unpredictable so I'd definately consider IVF ?
It can be a good option and if you're under 36 and are willing to donate some eggs you can get practically free treatment Smile
Might be worth looking at ?
TTC after a reversal is not easy as you never know whats going on in there and getting help from the NHS can be a real pain too, I thought the reversal would be less stre3ssful but genuinely wish I'd just gone for IVF first time as that overcomes all the problems whether with your tubes or your OH's sperm or whatever , good luck whatever you choose xx
LHC
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:22 pm 
Post subject: HELLO
Hi

DL05 sorry to hear the news...

I expect you are wondering what to do next ?

I know its not easy but do not give up..

I am giving mine a time frame of about next summer then seeing the situation...you are right when they clear the tubes the little hair like structures can damage and im at a high risk for ectopic they said....so i dont know.....im just hoping for a miracle..but am becoming more open to IVF..yes it costs too much but its an option for people with tubal issues...as well as other issues and it can work..but there is alot to prep for prior to this like we were already doing
Pls keep in touch and keep positive...xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I'm waiting for my hospital notes to come back regarding my sterilization. I have done lots of research into ivf abroad etc and it looks like a option, just so much prep work and hidden costs etc..

All I want in the end is a baby Smile
Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Jillybeanz2011 wrote:
Hi

I'm waiting for my hospital notes to come back regarding my sterilization. I have done lots of research into ivf abroad etc and it looks like a option, just so much prep work and hidden costs etc..

All I want in the end is a baby Smile

Hya Jillybean
I ad my reversal done 2009 n nothin at all, my DH n I are now lookin into IVF n found intertrust medical in Prague quite reasonable as their price includes meds. We've worked it out to b approx £3500 includin accomodation n u av yor scan done over here. Hope all goes well for you. Xx
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Munchkin, I looked at intertrust medical and gave them a call... I have also been quite interested in Gennet, so many decisions to make though.. Do you know of anyone who has used intertrust? Does the £3500 include all the blood tests you need to have? (Sorry for all the questions) Smile
Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jillybean
I'm sure you can get yor blood tests done through yor gp, you just need to take the report with you, no the price doesn't include bloods. I don't know of anyone who has used them n been successful, only just started lookin into this myself. We've been talkin about this for a while asthis is the 3rd year since the op n i still get upset each month.
I'm givin myself till the age of 45 and if still nothin then it's not meant to be............. Sad
Good luck Jillybean Smile xx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi munchkin, I know exactly how you feel.. I regreted my sterilisation the moment I had it done..I have never been this broody and it gets stronger every month.. The staff at gennet in Prague are so helpful and they answer all your questions etc.. Smile
zobo2010
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am 
Post subject:
Me 38 at time of reversal
Sterilised sept 2004
flishie clips double each side
Reversed June 2012
At Park hospital (Doncaster)
Surgeon Mr Emovan
Reversed by open surgery method
Cost £2710
I had a stent put into my tubes and taken out 2 days later.

I am now 7 weeks pregnant Smile
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations zobo2010 you must be so happy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular