3dp5dt - signs & symptoms, advice??

Just3mily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 pm 
Post subject: 3dp5dt - signs & symptoms, advice??
Hi All,

I'm Emily, I'm 3 days past my 5 day blastocyst transfer (first go at IVF) and I was hoping for some advice for anyone else who has been through the roller coaster that has been ivf!

Yesterday I noticed I had brown implantation spotting! Yaaaaay!! But today I've noticed I've got a little bit more along with a green phlegm-like discharge, is this normal following implantation/embryo transfer? I was soooo excited yesterday but today I'm panicking thinking something might have gone wrong Sad I'm still on 2 x Progesterone pesseries a day too.

Please please can someone help me! Any advice or guidance would be so appreciated!!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the TMI! Xoxo
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 pm 
Post subject:
I would say to speak to clinic. It seems to early for you to be seeing an implantation bleed. I took crinone gel for progesterone and was told that could cause brownish red discharge.
I would advise to speak to your clinic if you are concerned as they can advise if it's normal for the form of progesterone you are on or what you should do if concerned. Also best just to check and make sure it's not an infection.
As for symptoms, it's really too early to say if anything's pg related at this stage.
Best of luck. xx
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi, just wanted to wish you luck!

I got my bfp a few days ago after a 5 day transfer following icsi! The blast had started to hatch before they put it back and it was the next day I had some beige colour cm and lots of little sharp cramps, not like AF cramps as they were in a small concentrated area. The little pains were on and off 1dpt and 2dpt then 3dpt they were pretty much constant then eased off again after that and I got full on AF pains and was very snappy, tired and short tempered and I got the first (extremely faint) bfp at 6dpt.

I hope that helps a bit, good luck. Also I had lots of various coloured thick, clumpy cm on various days so your signs could definitely be good. Try to stay calm and positive as hard as that is!
Just3mily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi both!!!

Firstly, massive congratulations Fc79!! That's amazing news!! You must be sooo excited!!

Thanks both for the really helpful replies, unfortunately, I've only now seen them! I haven't had any d/c since! I phoned the clinic regarding the spotting and they're really hopeful it was the implantation since it was 2 days after my 5 day blastocyst transfer.

Still having the odd twinge and the random sharp pain but I'm taking that as a positive to show my body is changing and doing something. Guessing from your post FC79, you had the same? It kinda feels every now and then if it's my period but not, if that makes sense? It's certainly a different feeling! I'm trying to see everything as a positive, fingers crossed I get that BFP soon! My clinic told me I had to wait 2 weeks before testing (that'll make it the 11th of June) but I'm soooooo desperate to know! When do you think is the best time? I'm still taking the progesterone, only mine are pesseries twice a day which sucks! They did make me feel quite nauseous initially but I seem to be fine now. I have been to the doctors with a painful little cyst in my breast but apparently that's a common side effect too.

Sorry for blabbing, it's so nice to finally talk to someone who's been through/going through the same 😊 oh and sorry I don't know all the abbreviations either haha

Sending lots of luck to you both! Xx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thanks for the congratulations! What you're describing sounds very similar to what I had so really hoping they're good signs for you too!

As for testing, I first tested 6 days after my 5 day transfer but the line was so faint it could have easily been negative and that would have really upset me. I'd say leave it as close to 2 weeks after egg collection as possible, so maybe 9 days after transfer and use a really sensitive test. I used a Morrison's one which is supposed to work up to 4 days before your period is due, first response say 6 days early.
Good luck for when you do test. Let me know!!
Just3mily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi again!

Well today I had a total MELTDOWN! I've been feeling nauseous all day and knackered! And then this afternoon I went to the loo and there was a bit of (excuse the TMI) brown streaky d/c on my knickers. I left work in such a state, adamant that it was a bad sign that things were going wrong. When I calmed down and looked online, lots of women say it's normal on day 6 past 5 day transfer and it can continue until day 10. Did any of you guys get this? It's definitely not red, looked more like poop if anything! (But def not) I'm on the progesterone pesseries but rectally as the clinic said it's better than inserting them vaginal.

So sorry to be pestering so much, it's so reassuring to talk to people who've been through the same and know what I'm talking about.

Xxx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I havent had the brown stuff but I'm sure it is normal. As for the meltdown, I had the exact same thing 5 days past transfer, it was why I decided to test the next day, cos I felt I couldn't take any more.

I dont want to get your hopes up unnecessarily but it really is sounding good to me! When do you think you'll test?
Just3mily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Well I'm trying my damnedest not to test until next Wednesday which will be 2 weeks but if I do test earlier, I'll probably do it the weekend when it's day 10/11 past transfer. I was so scared today, I've been pretty laid back throughout the treatment but today really tested me and showed me how much this means to us. I was terrified something had gone wrong. It really has helped talking to you guys the past few days which has really put my mind at ease😊

How are you feeling?? How many weeks into it are you now? You must be so excited!!! Xx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
I'll only be 5 weeks tomorrow! My embryo transfer was only 2 weeks ago Monday, think that was 19th may so it's all very new and worrying. I have a scan booked for 27th June as that's the earliest appointment the clinic had, just hope the time goes quickly and everything is ok in there.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry, I've only just spotted all this.
In answer to the testing question, as close to the date they gave as possible. I waited until mine before testing as I was terrified of getting a BFN (which I didn't Very Happy ).
Regarding any discharge, the progesterone plays havoc with your body and makes it do odd things. I would not rule out the possibility it's he progesterone at all.
Your bdy has been through a lot, so it's entitled to have some funny turns. It's hard I know, but try not to read into anything too much for now. xx
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
Just3mily I think brown discharge can be pretty normal and the progesterone does play havoc with u. Try not to worry too much and keep positive. Easy to say I know Wink
Just3mily
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks all, feels so much better getting your guys opinion on things. I had a bit more d/c this morning but when I phoned the clinic they didn't really say much, just that I could increase my progesterone to 3 times a day. She didn't really reassure me to be honest, she just said that it could be almost anything causing it and there's nothing they can do/say. I'm just trying to not think about it and distract myself whenever I find my mind wandering. Only 6 days to go until I can test, I was doing really well til this point and now it can't come quick enough!!

Fc79, I'm sure everything is fine in there!! You must be so excited for your scan!! Are you being careful with what you eat etc now? Xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emily just wanted to say good luck for testing. We had success on our 3rd cycle (1 round Ivf with Icsi, and 2 frozen embryo transfers) I had some brown spotting on my successful cycle the day after transferring a 5 day blastocyst. Also had period cramps and now we have a beautiful 7 month old daughter Very Happy I was on 4 x 400mg of cyclogest daily and I used back door entrance lol
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!!

Well yesterday I tested (I'm 11 days post transfer today) and I got a BFP!! I was sooooo excited! still been having the brown spotting but today it's a lot more and it's a bit redder with a few clots. Although it's mainly noticeable when I wipe. I'm soooo scared and I've spent endless hours googling and reading what's normal/not. I'm still trying to be positive though and I did read an article that said it is still normal. I'll do a test tomorrow again and then again on my scheduled testing day on Wednesday. Just living on my nerves now and questioning every single sign or twinge!! Keeping everything crossed at the moment! Xx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your bfp! The bleeding must be such a worry but I know it can be normal, especially if it's not accompanied by cramps. Maybe give your clinic a ring and they might scan you earlier than usual.
Hope it all works out well for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular