1 year old has cold, will not stop screaming :(

Woodles
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:22 pm 
Post subject: 1 year old has cold, will not stop screaming :(
It's been nearly 2 hours now. He's been screaming mostly non stop.
No matter how we hold him he just will not stop crying. He hasn't got a temp at the moment (Horrah Calpol)I know he's exhausted from a day of crying on and off & from just general tired. He's usually in bed for 6:30pm and awakes at 6am. He's had Calpol & saline nose drops. I'm all out of ideas, he's been this way before from a cold but not to this extent. I don't know what to do now.
He's eaten fine, taken his milk fine and shown no other symptoms of anything else.
Please, advice!
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Woodles,
Ring NHS Direct, see what they say. Don't feel you're ringing for no reason. No one knows their kids better than us mum. And if you're concerned thats definately a reason to call them xxxx
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
Not long after i posted this he wore himself out and went to sleep (thankfully didn't wake until 6am!) so didn't phone NHS Helpline.
Tonight is much the same. His Dad didn't phone the doctors this morning as he seemed better.
His cold symptoms have mostly gone but tonight after a few hours asleep he's woken and started again with the screaming. He wont take his dummy & will only rest in my arms when i sit with him propped against a pair of pillows. Have put pillows in his cot & laid him down. Seems to have gone off.
Wondering if it's an ear infection really.
He's not been tugging his ears but has been dragging his bottom lip under his top teeth. No doctors till Monday now. He's not bothered for it through the day only on a night, Calpol doesn't seem to help.
Suggestions?
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:52 pm 
Post subject:
It's been a few days now. He's still got a runny nose but apart from that he's fine. Can only assume it was ear ache. Not quite as settled as i'd like on a night but we're getting there. He's just having fun sat on the sofa sticking his thumb up his nose all day! haha yuck!
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter does that! and when her nose runs she sticks her tongue up to lick it, urgh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular