Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 pm 
Post subject:
VioletBumBlue wrote:
Hi all

Cheryl your tickers look just fine Very Happy

I've done ok on resisting the take out food so far, only had fish n chips once, although reading about double cheese burgers has made me fancy one now lol.

I've been having an afternoon kip just recently instead of going to bed so early. Seems to have worked for me, but the one night I went just before 6 and didn't get up til the next day lol.

Ah Hoping it must be nice to see your baby so much! And reassuring Very Happy I'm still waiting for my first scan, only 6 days to go now. I haven't been sick, apart from the one time I was coughing loads first thing in the morning and that made me sick. Brushing my teeth too soon after getting up can make me heave loads too. Been to the docs about the coughing but she says there is nothing she can offer for it.

Today I've been a bit worried as I've had some spotting. It's brown, and pretty much only when I go to the loo, but I've had some cramps with it all day, nothing horrendous mostly like period pains or just a little worse. Thought I would wait and see what tomorrow morning brings and if it's still there ring the fertility consultant I'm under.

violet- thanks hun Very Happy your ticker looks great 2!!

DD and I went to mcdonals today and i had a large double cheeseburger meal with a diet coke (diet coke what a cheek Laughing)

try not to worry I had bad cramps and spooting early pg with DS and hav had some cramping this time but no spotting so far, I shall be keeping everything crossed for you hun Very Happy

xx
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls

I'm back from a trip to Wales to see OH's family. We've told them about the pg as we won't see them for another 2 months now. They are really happy and his Dad was ringing round other members of his family to tell them Shocked Shocked .

Cheryl, on the way down to Wales we stopped and had a quarter pounder with cheese n onion and it was just yummy!!! Only thing is I could eat another now but it's the middle of the night lol.

The spotting (if I can call it that it was so faint) carried on the next day too, but by then it was really just a faint colour when I wiped after going to the loo. I was a bit worried driving for 3 hrs or so for 2 days on the trot might bring it on again, but so far so good.

The morning sickness has finally struck. It started the day before we went down to Wales, getting really queasy. Hit me hard when we went shopping, so bought some mints and some travel sweets to suck on. They've really helped. Seems like I get it in the late afternoon early evening time the most or when I'm driving.

I am getting really excited about my first scan. It just doesn't seem real atm. I don't feel pg and kinda feel like a fraud. I really hoping the scan will make it real lol.

I hope everyone is well and isn't getting too many uncomfortable symptoms. Jpster do u know when yr due date is? I wanna know everyone's lol.

jpster
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls, It's good to see everyone is doing ok Very Happy
I don't have an actual due date yet as my periods were a bit irregular and I wasn't trying but I think the end of August.
There must be a baby boom here as I couldn't get a m/w appointment till the 17th!!
I feel huge already and couldn't get my skinny jeans on today and I wore them last week!
This is my fourth so I guessed I would start to sow a bit earlier but not this early lol, I just hope I can go back to normal this time and I'm not stuck with a saggy belly lol.

Christine xx
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls

Had my first scan today Very Happy . It was good to see, although it didn't show a lot. It was wonderful when she said she could see the heartbeat and showed it to us. She said baby is about 9 to 10 mm long and matches my dates, although they will date it properly at the 12 week scan. She did a pic for us and I'll upload it soon so u can see. Now it feels more official that I am pg lol.

I have my first mw appt set for Monday so that's the next thing to look forward to.

Hope everyone is well and not suffering too bad from sickness.

FazzleDazzle
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Violet that's great! So pleased for you and can't wait to see the scan pictures!

Xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Finally plucked up the courage to come over... Hope everyone is ok and not throwing up for England 24/7 like me!

Julie x

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
MorganL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to butt in ladiess but I just wanted to say Congratulations to all of you.

Julie! I saw your ticker on another thread. I've been away from AB for a while but wow! Big congratulations. xx

My Ovulation Chart
CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
thats great violet Very Happy so chuffed for you hun, cant wait to see scan piccys Smile

welcome to the other side Julie, hope everything is well.

im not being sick but im constanly feeling sick Sad
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls Smile

Welcome to the August 2012 mummies JulieWoo. Very Happy Very Happy Do you know what date you are due?

I seem to be suffering from afternoon/evening sickness rather than morning sickness lol. Fortunately I havent been sick, but I really feel like I am gonna sometimes. Sucking on polo's or travel sweets is helping me some.

I dont know whether its cos Im a bit fat, but the last few days my belly seems to have gone harder, its more uncomfortable to bend over or lie on my front. Not painful, just a bit uncomfortable, like it dont squash like it used to lol.

Anyways this is my first scan, done on 4 1 2012. She said I was about 7+2 weeks and that it measured about 9 or 10 mm.

Tomorrow I have the first midwife visit. I hadnt realised she came to your home. I wonder why that is? I would have thought they would see you in the surgery right up until its harder for you to move around and then start seeing you at home.

Has anyone else had their first mw appt yet?

FazzleDazzle
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Love the scan picture! Big big congrats to you Xxx

I saw my midwife last week. I have the same one as I did for my first pregnancy which is nice. It was lovely to get the big book of notes and Emmas diary again!

I went back to work today for the first time since before xmas and I am absolutely exhausted!
mrsLA
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone congrats

i got my bfp on 17 december 2011 and midwife predicted me a due date of 11 august 2012 i had my first appointment with the midwife and got my scan date through for the 27th january soooo excited

ive gone of burgers and chocolate really not interested in them which is very unlike me and ive got a thing for chips when i hate them lol i have a few odd twinges/cramps every now and then and i spotted at around 6/7 weeks but the midwife didnt seem to concerned but she was concerned about me bmi with it only being 18 :S

if anyone wants any information about appointments and what to expect let me know Razz it is my first
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

Glad your all doing well. I had my first mw appt at 6 weeks I think I had to go to the surgery, they don't visit us at home here until after we have the baby.

I don't feel pregnant but am only 10 weeks and already have a bump!!! A couple of people who know I am have noticed it lol. My trousers don't fit so am waiting for my friend to give me all my maternity clothes back that I lent her as finding it hard to hide it at work. I have on and off days being sick but other then that a little tired but thats it.

I am due 6th August and have my 12 week scan on 23 Jan when they will do the Nuchal fold Test too.
xx

CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies, I am glad to say everything is back to normal Kayley went back to school yday (monday) after the christmas holidays, was a killer getting up n ready though Laughing Leigham and I went to mums bumps and babies then to 1 of the mums for a cuppa Smile think Leigham missed Kayley as he was grumpy all day and was looking for her, felt sorry for him Sad
DH was off today and we went to east kilbride, 30mins away to veiw Leigham's last proffesional photo's which were taken in middle of dec, they were lovely so picked our cherubs picture and purchased 2, they will b posted out within the next 2 weeks Very Happy

I'm still suffering form morning/afternoon/evening sickness Laughing not actully being sick but feeling awful Sad I think im gettin a round tummy now 2 but DH dont see it lol, weight myself yday and im still 1 stone heavier than I was when I fell pregnant with Leigham Crying or Very sad hoping to shift a lot of weight after this Lo is here!!!

I had a banging sore head last night and think I puked up everything I ate all day at around 9.30pm Sad was horrible, fell asleep on couch at 10pm when shameless finished and woke up at 1am to DH watchin fast5 on laptop Evil or Very Mad so I just went to loo then bed n fell asleep until Kayley came through at 5.55 Mad she went to own room n watched her tv but woke Leigham up at around 6.40 Mad so that was me up dh slept till alarm at 7.10 Rolling Eyes

a wee day in the house tomoz tidying up and cathcing up on cleaning Smile
my 1st mw appointment is on thurs at 10.00am at the surgery, in my area mw comes out after baby is born, I havent got a scan date yet but should get 1 after mw has put me through the system etc. im getting excited to see this wee jelly bean Very Happy

sorry for the droon on Laughing

hope all is well with every1 and their ikle bumpy's

Cheryl xx
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Again

Well I've seen my mw now. She went through loads of questions for the Green notes, but I was surprised when she said she was taking it back with her, so all the information could go on a database. I hadnt been able to answer all the questions, especially not the ones about OH's family. I would have thought she would let me have the form so I could get those answers before trying to put it all on a database.

Hi MrsLA Welcome to August Mummies 2012 Smile

I havent really had any food cravings, except maybe milk. Im drinking loads of it (for me at any rate). Im really enjoying my cereal too. Meat isnt appealing to me much, but I can still eat it.

jAS I was surprised when they said the mw comes out to your home here, I was expecting to go into the surgery. I think all my next visits will be at the surgery tho. Not long til you get your 12 week scan! Good luck Smile I hope it goes well. I didnt ask the mw if she books the 12 week scan or whether I have to contact the hospital to do it. If I havent heard anything by Monday (which will be one week since I saw the mw) I will ring her and check.

My tummy hasnt grown as such, but it does seem harder to me, certainly at times.

Aw Cheryl I bet its a lovely pic! Ah sounds like you had a rough night on Monday Sad How did your mw appt go today? My mw gave me a form for bloods which I had done yesterday. I couldnt believe it when they pulled out 6 vials! Ive given 5 before now, but that was for about 20 different tests. She added it up for me and said it was only about 30 ml tho haha. I cant wait to find out exactly when my 12 week scan will be. Im guessing they will do the nuchal fold test then too.

Lol I've managed to ramble on loads again, sorry. Embarassed

FazzleDazzle
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

Hope you are doing well!

I was having some pain at the start of the week so I went for a scan and I saw my almost ten week old baby - it was lovely! He/she even waved a little arm bud at me.

My pain was due to a large fluid filled cyst on my ovary which apparently will go away on its own - I hope so as the cyst is bigger than the baby.

Dating scan on the 1st February and time is going backwards!!

I will try to upload the scan pic if I can work it out xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular