Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
wow its tooo big sorry lol

FazzleDazzle
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Its a beautiful picture! Really clear, lovely baby! Got my scan on Wednesday and really looking forward to see our little teddy bear again.
VioletBumBlue
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls, how r u all?

I have had my glucose tolerance test done and got the results now. It's all fine Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . The first blood test was fine, but the second 2 hrs later really hurt. It made me feel a bit funny for a minute it was that painful. It looks like she went in the same hole as the first one and felt like she used a blunt needle Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

Got my 12 week scan on Monday. I'm getting quite excited, but nervous too in case it shows something is wrong Crying or Very sad .

Fazzle - good luck with your scan hon Very Happy .

jAS11 - aw lovely scan pic hon Very Happy .

Angel baby April 2014 :'(
FazzleDazzle
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well and hopefully all those lovely first trimester symptoms are wearing off!

I had my scan on Wednesday and it was lovely, changed so much in three weeks. Due date is now confirmed as 11th August -really excited.

Is anyone having their scans soon?x
VioletBumBlue
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Fazzle

All my symptoms went away at 9 weeks and now I only get the occasional symptoms, like earlier I suddenly went very hot and thought I was going to throw up. Well I started feeling sick while I was eating some cheesy mash, but it wasn't til about an hour later I went really hot, shaky and stomach was just going mad. It has gone now and don't really know what happened. Sad

As all my symptoms went away weeks ago I'm a bit worried about what the scan is going to show, or not show. I like to think everything is ok as my waist has expanded a little, but strangely I haven't put any weight on and I can't say that I feel pg yet either.

Is anyone else starting to show yet?

Fazzle - Are you going to post a pic of your scan hon?

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Violet

Glad don't worry about not having many symptoms I didn't really have many with my daughter. With this one I just constantly feel sick and have about a day a week where I just actually be sick all day Confused

Yep, I am definately starting to show, all my trousers now don't do up and my tops are getting small too. I've started wearing my maternity jeans but there too big so have bought some maternity leggings which seem comfy.

Got my appt for my 20 weeks scan on 15th March Very Happy

VioletBumBlue
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Had my scan yesterday. When she first found baby she was facing us so she got me jiggling around trying to move baby. Well it worked when we looked again she was upside down lol. More jiggling around from me and baby moved a bit more, but unfortunately she always kept her face to the camera so couldn't have the nuchal fold test done. I did get to see baby move and stretch out which was fabulous and heard the heartbeat Very Happy . Apparently baby measures 6.3 cm I think she said and I have a new due date of 15 Aug as this scan dates me at 12 + 5. I'm going to add a pic of the scan later.

I've also been put on low dose aspirin, but I'm not sure why. The midwife at the clinic has said I'm classed as high risk, which I already knew, due I think to my age (39), weight (bmi 32), and the fact I've been trying for 2 years and was under a fertility consultant. I didn't actually see the consultant yesterday, but the midwife went and spoke to him about me and thats when she came back with the aspirin. The only thing I can think of is last week I had bloods taken by another consultant checking all sorts of things including how sticky my blood is.

jAS - I have my 20 week scan on 2 April. Very Happy

CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 pm 
Post subject:
hi all, ive not been on fr ages again bin busy with 1 thing or another Sad hope every is well!!

I had my scan and everything is fine Very Happy my new due date is the 21st august Smile I have my 16 week mw check on 8th march!!

Violet-I dont think the car seat is any less padded than any others but every1 has their own opinions Smile

We are going to glasgow to tell my gran auntie and cousins about the baby on sunday and then I will do a proper announcement on fb etc along with scan pic Very Happy
we have told our 6 yo and she is over the moon, reacted same way as when I was pg with ds Smile kissing my belly every morning when she gets up, before she goes to school and at night before she goes to bed, its jus so cute and not what I was expecting although im so happy that she is so happy Laughing

xx
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone!
i'm pregnant with my first baby, went for scan this week. thought I was 13 weeks but was actually 14 weeks 4 days so my new due date is 2nd August. can't wait Very Happy been extremely lucky so far with not many side effects, (apart from new work wardrobe def needed- bump is noticeable now!)
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Libertnobacon

Congrats, we're due date buddies. I am due the 2nd August but am 15 weeks 2 days Confused Confused

VioletBumBlue
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls

I'm doing ok apart from chronic constipation Embarassed Embarassed Eating pizza probably doesnt help either lol. I really need to get my scan pic photoed so I can upload it here. Nothing much else has happened, except Antenatal Clinic have booked me 2 foetal growth scans for 28 weeks and 34 weeks.

Cheryl - I've not seen that car seat myself, just read some other peoples posts that it was not well padded. Im waiting til Im about 20 weeks before I start looking for things (as long as I can hold out that long hehe). Aw your 6 yo sounds really sweet Smile Glad your scan went well hon Smile

Lilbert - Welcome to the August Mummies 2012 Smile

I've updated my post on the first page so it includes everyones scan dates now Smile

lilbertnobacon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Very Happy jas11 it's great to have the same due date!! I am 16 weeks 1 day today and so excited for 20 week scan already can't wait!!
hopingthismonth
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls

glad to see u r all doing good... iv not been on for ages been so busy with one thing and another..

just wondered if any of you girls can recomend any good hypnobirthing books and cd's?? or downloads?? really wanna give it a try but without going to classes
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
HI Ladies.

Had my 16 week appointment today and god it was scarey for a bit. There was 2 Midwifes there and they tried to find the heartbeat and it took the pair of them at least 10 minutes I was petrified, they could feel my heart getting faster and my eyes were welling up then they finaly found it and you could see the relief on their faces Very Happy I thought it sounded like train but the MW said to my LO did you hear the horse galloping! Confused

Then my lo had an appt with the Dr after as she has a rash, it turns out she has 'slapped cheek'. Then the Dr said to me your not pregnant are you? I was like yeah why? Apparantly its quite dangerous in pregnant women, so if I get the rash I have to go for a blood test immediately Crying or Very sad

Hope you are all ok xx

jpster
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, hope you are all well Smile
Sorry I've not been on but I've been really busy with work and my other 3 kids.
First m/w appointment was a big let down! There was a home birth the night before so had a stand in who rushed through my details and threw me out without making another appointment!!
Got my 12 week scan on Friday so will find out my due date then but for now we think the 23rd.

Christine
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular