Need advice

lucylu2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:15 am 
Post subject: Need advice
Hi,

Im 22, trying to get pregnent.
I cam off the pill early december.....i have been having intercourse very regularly especially around ovulation and still am not pregnant.
I am due on tomorrow and im dreading it. I did a pregnancy test as my breats have been sore and i had a little spotting, which i hoped was implantation bleeding.

The test was negative and im gutted.

Im finding it difficult to understand why i am not yet pregnant! Me and my partener are both young and healthy!

x
farzu23
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:27 pm 
Post subject: hi
welcome to the forum.
Don't worry hun everything will be ok. just don't get too stressed up. normally it takes a little longer to get pregnant after you come off pills. It takes usually 3 months to adjust to your body. I am also TTC for few months now and nothing yet. I'm taking pregnacare plus tablets which is very good for making the body suitable for pregnancy. It contery ains folic acid and omega 3 and its helps from concieving to brestfeeding. My husband is also taking multivitamins. you can try it if you want.
Wait for few days and do the test again. i hope you will get what you wish for.

Best of luck
lucylu2
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, it means alot that you replied.

I may make an appointment to see my GP if i do come on, just to put my mind at rest.
Its just that she had said when i first came off the pill that i would have a surge of fertility and wouldnt of been suprised if i was already pregnant. 3 months on i still arent! Sad

I am taking folic acid and will get some multivitamins for my partner.

Thank you again x
farzu23
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:32 pm 
Post subject: hi
Hi again Lucylu2,

2 weeks After i came of the pills i had all the pregnancy symptopms as you but i started bleeding again. Its very stressful i know. everyone's body is different. Sometimes it happenes. One of my sister-in law didn't have any idea she was pregnant for 6 months. sounds stupid but true, she had regular cycle for 6 months. may be your hormones are playing games with you. Wait for 2/3 days and test again. Hopw you will get a BFP!!!
Laura01
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi im a new member,
Wish you all luck in ttc. I know how frustrating it is. I am ttc after coming off the pill, every month my period gets later and i have signs that i am pregnant and the test is always negative. Ive just come acroos this site and i feel so relieved there are others experiencing what me and my partner are because you sometimes feel its just you thats struggling!
farzu23
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:15 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi again.
Laura01 is right. TTC is very frustrating for everyone. Can't wait to be a mom. Now a days i'm having stupid meaningless dreams. don't know why. I had the same problem for few months. I had all pregnancy symptoms but the test was always negetive. This site is really nice and you can get all the information you want from here. Its always helpful to talk about anything you are going through. It cleares your mind. Hope you all the best.
lucylu2
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thank you for your replies. It is a great ease knowing that i am not alone.
I am due on today and usually come on like clockwork at 6am in the morning. Perhaps it is my hormone or maybe my cycle is getting longer. I have not symptoms of coming on and usually i get terrible PMS and pains....
I have spotting but just pinky discharge....i ont know if i should get checked out by a doctor!! I know it isnt period spotting as it isnt even blood!

ANy ideas?? x
ellis
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi lucylu2 and others

Im no expert and quite new to this site myself. The spotting you are experiencing could be implantation bleeding and if you do not feel like you are going to come on your period there is a good chance. I have also been trying to conceive but for the last seven months (it is soooo frustrating!!!!). I am meant to come on tomorrow and all week I have been having symptoms such as sore breast (which I never get) but I have also got period symptoms such as backache and the odd cramp. The funny thing is I had all those symptoms this morning got myself all in a tizz about coming on my period, cried for hours and the pains have now gone. I have no doubt I will come on my period but it is so funny how your body plays tricks on you. I am so sad, trying to be optimistic but it is not a nice place to be in at the mo. My partner is very very supportive but I don't think a man can truely understand the anxiety we feel, therefore its so nice to have a site like this to air your thoughts.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope it has worked for you this month.

E x
lucylu2
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject:
HI Ellis,

I still havent come on, i have no period symptoms....the only other thing i can think is that my cycle isnt as before at 28days!! Im not holding my breath.
Its hard to get it out of you head isnt it??
Hope you get a positive result soon, i will keep you updated!

xxx
ellis
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi lucylu2
May be your cycle has become a little longer but you never know, keep hoping!!! As for me my period came yesterday spent the whole day in tears got up this morning and went to the hairdressers for a restyle. 50 quid later and I feel soooooo much better (well at least I did until I found myself surrounded by pregnant women in waitrose, they seemed to be coming at me from all directions). Oh well better luck next month Sad

E x
Lynbob
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
New to the site. TTC for 6 months, really frustrating, trying to stay positive and have fun.
Great to know you're not alone. I can't wait to be a new Mom Very Happy
ellis
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lynbob

I am glad you are finding the site useful, I only joined myself a few weeks ago and it has been a real stress reliever. I know six month feels like forever from my own experience. Motherhood will come to us all, soon I hope! All my fingers and toes are crossed, hurts like hell but hey I have tried everything else LOL...................
Good luck!
E x
Lynbob
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Nice to get a reply. I know what you mean about trying everything, I'm fed up of sitting on pillows! after a while you're willing to try just about anything.
Just started taking pregnacare tabs and started a boxercise class which is fun, knackering but fun!
On day 13 of my cycle so should be ovulating in the next day or two, hopefully Feb will be the magic month. I'll keep everything crossed too!
ellis
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Lynbob

Pregnacare is a good idea, I have been taking it for some time now. Apparently there is a new barnd called pregnacare plus which is meant to help with conception but I need to look in to it.

The exercise class may help to take your mind off the whole pregnancy thing as well. I was actually thinking of joining one myself as I have always been so active but haven't had the energy lately for one reason or another, but I am at the start of yet another cycle and therefore I think its a good time to change a few things.

Hope feb brings you all you desire.
No more boxercise over the next few days, save your energy and enjoy trying!

E x
lucylu2
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Hiya everyone,

I was due on, on Thursday. Still nothing, usually i get bad cramps and moods. But i feel bright as a daisy!! I did a test on Saturday and it was negative..........so confused!!!
Ive had very itchy boobs and quite tender...and im knackered all the time!!

If its my cycle settling down then its 33 days and counting now...........its driving me mad.

Might i be pregnant but 2 days late was too early to do the test??

Please reply!

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular