teenager gals !! please help me !

londonuk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:32 am 
Post subject: teenager gals !! please help me !
hi there
i am having a nightmare with my 14 year old girl at the moment, please can anyone tell me what their daughter at this age was or is like !
she is moody, agressive, nasty and making my life hell !! Sad
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:42 am 
Post subject:
I dont have a teenage daughter, but i remember being one. It was not too long ago for me when i was really aggressive, nasty and just a demon really. I was facing tough times at school, and took it out on everyone at home- mum and sister would often bare the brunt of it. Im not saying your daughter is having the same or similar trouble, but perhaps she is stressed out and finds it easier to pass the feeling along i guess. Maybe ask he what is up.

May i suggest how i would have liked the situation to be dealth with as a 14 yr old. I wasnt very close to my mum, and i dont know if you are to your daughter, but i think maybe taking her out - shopping, a meal, a film or something that she likes and talk to her. Express how difficult you are finding this behaviour and that you want her to be able to talk to u if there is any issues or stress- exams/ 'growing up'/ friends/ etc.

You should allow hee to say what she wants to say. If its a bit aggressive/ mean/ swearing/ crying lether express herslf, and maybe after this all will be out in the open and you will be able to move past the awkwardness and the difficulties. I hope this helps.
Sometimes teenages just deal with one issue by giving others a hard time, i know thats how i dealt with mine.
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
thanks sophie will take all ur points on board ! xx
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:12 am 
Post subject:
i know i was a nightmare between about 13-16 for my mum!! You just feel like no one understands you and your the first person ever in the world to feel like this!!

Just sit down and let her speak/shout/scream whatever she wants to or needs to and then you say how you feel, i know a lot of it with me was my mum wouldnt let me express what i wanted wether it be right or wrong.

x
anya740
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
Well, I don't have a daughter but I do have a niece. We used to be close until she turned 15 and after that it's just plain difficult. She started hanging out with the wrong crowds and lies to her parents a lot. Been drinking a lot and has been found out of taking drugs as well. My brother was getting old pretty fast because of her. I guess my brother just had enough and so he sent her to rehab and then on to military boot camp. He wanted her a structured environment and a change of scenery as well to get her out of those friends of hers. She is now at boot camp and we talk on the phone sometimes. She sounds good and I just hope that this change is for good and for the better. I hope I don't get to experience this when I do have a daughter. Crying or Very sad
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular