First time Mum and worried

Kezza1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:10 pm 
Post subject: First time Mum and worried
Hi all,

This is my first pregnancy and i am 7 weeks all i do is worry every little twinge i feel i panic and start thinking something is wrong i am driving my Doctor mad!! Did anybody else go through this AM I NORMAL to woory so much!!
booter
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Kezza, it's completely normal to worry. Like you, I did nothing but worry for probably the entire first trimester, and the majority of the worry was about utterly stupid things. Once you get to about 12 weeks I think it will subside a bit. Even up untill now 33 weeks I still get the odd concern but you will learn to know what feels normal and what doesn't. I strongly advise you not to google any symptoms as it will make you worry even more, I know, I was constantly googling things at the beginning, so just text or ring your midwife if there is anything your conerned about. x
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:15 pm 
Post subject: xx
i was the same id run up the stairs and think oh no what if i have gave it brain damage. and i always wondered if it was still there or not lol im 21 week now and got a scan coming up and im worried again i just think what if aint got a heartbeat and stuff like that i think every women does xx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
yah its normal. im constantly panicking. i seem to go and wee and make sure its just wee on the tissue (sorry tmi) as im constantly panicking somethings wrong! i had a suspected etopic early one so panick more now.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Hey, im 17 weeks and i still worry all the time, its normal to. It helps to talk to the girls on here as most of the time, like this, we are all feeling exactly the same.

Try and think possitive, everything is going to go fine. xx
gingin
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:21 am 
Post subject:
i worry even though i try to pretend i am not LOL - my latest is that i am not really pregnant but that i have some life threatening disease with all the same symptons we'll go for our first scan next week and get told off for wasting everyones time LOL
so you arent alone at all !! xx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
gingin wrote:
i worry even though i try to pretend i am not LOL - my latest is that i am not really pregnant but that i have some life threatening disease with all the same symptons we'll go for our first scan next week and get told off for wasting everyones time LOL
so you arent alone at all !! xx

I felt pretty much exactly the same.. and its soo comman to feel like that. I was so worried nothing was going to show up on the screen, that the pregnancy test was incorrect etc etc.. It makes the experiance of the first scan even more amazing.. I cant explain that feeling when you see the baby on the screen and know this is all happening to you and your not even aware of it... Its incredible I still cant stop looking at the scan pictures 3 weeks on! It just makes it all a little more real!

good luck with you first scan.. x
kailadoug
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
im constantly worrying, your definately not alone

im only 20 and ive never done anything near like this before im bricking it! im getting used to it a little bit now - im almost at the 12 week stage and my first scan is on friday
gingin
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:50 am 
Post subject:
[I felt pretty much exactly the same.. and its soo comman to feel like that. I was so worried nothing was going to show up on the screen, that the pregnancy test was incorrect etc etc.. It makes the experiance of the first scan even more amazing.. I cant explain that feeling when you see the baby on the screen and know this is all happening to you and your not even aware of it... Its incredible I still cant stop looking at the scan pictures 3 weeks on! It just makes it all a little more real!

SO TRUE ! went for scan yesterday and i was speechless all day - the other half is walking round like a cheshire cat with the printout in his wallet for all to see LOL - everything is fine but my dates were a bit out so only 10 wks not 12 !! there was me miss cocky knickets certain that this nausea stuff would be gone anyday !! (fingers crossed) now will have to put up with it another 2 wks !! but YES mind blowing to see the little heart pumping away already !!
gx
joliver
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
I can sympathise with you all

I am 12 weeks - got my first scan on Monday and cant wait - i had a miscarriage in july and thought my world had ended and just want everything to be ok this time

Its good to get to 12 weeks - and the throwing up is bad but i sort of think i dont mind it as i think the baby is ok if im still being sick (its mad the things u think of)

So fingers crossed for Monday - cant wait

Jo
Kezza1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject: Things Just get worse!!
Thanks for all your replies really helped me, but my partner has left me and decided he wants me o get rid of the baby and has turned out to be a complete #@#;..... i think you all know what i mean. So i am suffering from what feels like a complete body turn over due to the pregnancy and now my world has been turned upside down as he has left me on my own. he just said he is not ready get rid of it and i haven't seen or heard from him since. So does this mean because he wants it gone i have to do it, doesn't my feelings count after all i am the one carrying the baby and the one who has to go through an aborotion if i do it!! Why does it have to be soooo hard..Anybody got any advice? Crying or Very sad
I feel so down at the moment i just keep bursting into tears i honestly thought he loved me and don't understand how he can treat me this way.
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:13 pm 
Post subject: xx
hiya hun. u keep ya head up and be strong. once ur baby comes along he will realise what he is missing. this is your baby and the choice is yours as long as you no u can love your baby and be the best mum you can then u keep at it. your bf sounds very confused and is probley scared about bein a dad. this dont mean that in a couple ov months he wil feel the same he will prob come to terms with it when he sees a scan pic. he as to help you with money for the baby so at lest he wont get away with doing nothing. i wish i could say somthing to make your pain dissapear but a broken heart just takes time. good luck hun xx
GGmommy
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Confused
I am also very nervous! I have jsut found out that i am pregnant, at least i think so, the line on the test was very feint so i am going to try again in a few days but keeping everything crossed!
I have horses and have to muck them out and carry all their water etc every day, although i am not riding just in case i fall off i am still nervous about if my physical work at the stables is causing a problem. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, i can only find advice about actually riding and not the general yard duties!!!
booter
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Hi GGmommy

You will be fine to carry on with general yard duties however there will come a time when you will find it very hard so when that time does come you should get some help. Heavy lifting as such should be avoided right from the start really.

When I did the my pregnancy test it showed a very faint line, the same as yours. It just means that there isn't enough of the hormone present to show a clear line. But do try again in a couple of days if you want to be sure. x
GGmommy
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 am 
Post subject: re Booter
Thanks Booter! I can cope without riding (my horse is a bit of a thoroughbred baby!) but would hate not to have the contact with him!!! Have to rope hubby in to help when the time comes then! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular