Prednancy test says 'yes' but I don't feel pregnant!

Poppy21
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject: Prednancy test says 'yes' but I don't feel pregnant!
Did a pregnancy test and found out I'm pregnant (yipee!). I have sore boobs and haven't had a period, but the prob is that I don't have any preganacy symptoms. Is this normal? I'm only 6 weeks gone, but I expected to feel some sort or period pain sensation or something. I don't feel hormonal or sick. Am I worrying about nothing or is it too early to feel anything?
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
ur still early on. all i will say is ur very lucky and dont complain too much, lol. im currently sick morning, day and night and would love to experience nothing!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Dont worry, it looks like your on your way to a sick free pregnancy - like mine has been - yay xx Razz
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:45 pm 
Post subject: hi
ive never been sick with eney of my pregnancys and this is my third but have bloody bad labours lol xxxx and ther all boys
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
poppy, i am in exactly the same situation as you,ive done a few tests which say im pregnant and im nearly 3 weeks late, but yet not had many symptoms except the boobs n tiredness, ive been feeling abit grumpy. when i found out i felt abit sick but i think it was because i was expecting to. with my first pregnancy to my son whos now 2 i had bad sickness and was poorly with it, so im feeling lucky this time. im 6 and half weeks and feel totally normal at the mo and keep thinking maybe somethings wrong. just got to sit back and see.
Poppy21
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject: Hello Lis 31
Hiya Lis 31,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know your due date? I've worked mine out on a website that tells me it's October 6th, or there abouts. I haven't had any more syptoms since I last posted. Still got sore boobs and occasionally get very mild cramping but as yet, still no sickness, mood swings, tiredness, smell sensitivity or anything that the books say! What's more frustrating is that we've decided not to tell anyone til 12 weeks so I can't ask my friends who have been pregnant- you're my only connection!
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
hey poppy! omg my due date is 6th sept aswell! how weird is that! was your lmp 27-28th dec? ive still not been sick but have started feeling alittle bit. ive just got headaches, really sensitive sense of smell at the mo which i dont like at all. ive been very grumpy and tired. i think where i have work and my 2 year old son to concentrate on its taking my mind off symptoms. ive tried to keep mine quiet but have told a few people, i believe if it aint meant to be it aint meant to be, telling people cant bring anything on, but im quite relaxed like that. how you been, any more symptoms?
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
poppy sorry just reading my message i put sept but meant oct! thats one thing i do clumsy things in pregnancy! Surprised
Poppy21
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lis 31,
It's so nice to know someone is atthe same stage as me but this is my first and so everything is new. We're still keeping it quiet, gonna tell our parents on Mothers' day which will be around the 9/10 week stage, then will wait til the 12 week scan before we tell anyone else.

As far as symptoms go, I still have very little! I'm not sure whether to be worried about this or not. My boobs are sore and have got bigger (I was a 34 F to start with, they're nearly on the floor!!) In the mornings I feel slightly queasy but I'm not sure if this is my mind telling me I should be. I've started needing a wee in the middle of the night too which I didn't used to. But I stll don't have a stong sense of smell, I'm not constipated, my skin hasn't changed or any of the other symptoms the books say. I sometimes have slight sensations in my uterus area a bit like a period cramp which I hope is reassuring as it makes me feel like something is happening but again this might come on one evening then I don't feel anything for 24 hours or so.

I went to the doctors on Monday, she didn't do a lot. She's going to contact the hospital who'll write to me with a scan date between 10-12 weeks. Will be a lot happier when this happens.

Keep in touch Lis!!
sozzle
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Hi Poppy and Lis

I will be 9 weeks this Sunday so i guess im at a similar stage to both of you. I didnt have any symptoms for 6 weeks and was starting to wonder whether the tests i had done were completely wrong! I had a dating scan at 7 and a half weeks which made everything seem real - so exciting, definitely something to look forward to! Since then ive had sore boobs which have grown a lot (which is marvellous as i have never been well endowed!), my tummy has also got a bit rounder which has meant buying new trousers! and occasionally feel nauseous but havent been sick. Otherwise i dont have any other symptoms. I guess everyone is different. Im also going to tell my parents on Mothers Day and then wait until 12 weeks before telling friends. hopefully everything will keep going well until then - i hope the same for both of you ladies

sozzle
MISWILS
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject: HI JUST THOUGHT ID DROP YOUS A MESS
AS LIKE YOUS IM DUE ON THE 6 OCT IM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED, NOT GETTING ANY SYMPTOMS JUST A BIT TIRED AND TENDER BREASTS, DONT FEEL ONE BIT PREG, BUT HAD A SCAN YESTERDAY WHICH SHOWED IM VERY MUCH PREG, SEEN THE WEE FETUS AND HEARTBEAT IT WAS LOVELLY JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR 12 WK SCAN NOW XOX
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi poppy!
i know what you mean, i cant wait to have a scan then it all feels real! ive been feeling abit rough today a few times i felt really sick but havent actually been sick. and as for your boobs getting bigger i totally understand (im 34E) n my bras have got tight its annoying, that aint nothing yet after you have your baby they go rock hard and uncomfortable! im just about to have an indian for valentines dont know if i can stomach it though! take care x
Poppy21
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lis 31, sozzle & miswils,

I'm am so excited to be in touch with you guys, can't believe we're all at the same stage and feeling the same symptoms (or not as the case may be!) Please make sure we all keep in touch throughout our preganancies.

Hope you had a good valentine's curry Lis. It's only 9am and after reading that, I could just eat a decent balti- yum yum!

Sozzle & miswils, how did you two manage to ge scans so early? I haven't got my letter yer but I'm sure it's not for another 3-5 weeks. The suspense is killing me!

And sozzle, think the idea of telling our parents on mother's day is a great idea. only 2 weeks to go!

Keep in touch ladies
x
gingin
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject:
i am in week 10/11 - just moved to sweden - the midwife thought i was 13 - we had our first scan on Tuesday and it was then that they said i wasnt as far as midwife thought - but the scan will blow you away - all of a sudden its very very real and like "miswils" says you will see the heartbeat and everything - its truly amazing - we go back for another scan in 2 weeks to have the NUPP test - they take measurements for downs etc
trust me girls everyone is different but dont be fooled by no early symptons - it may still happen to you - i was fine till week 7 then the nausea started I am lucky have only been sick once & my boobs are great (how these people have boob jobs and then kids is beyong me LOL)- all i will say make the most of sympton free living cos once it starts it effects everything & everyone - my other half has been brilliant though - just hoping it all stops week 12/13
xx
MISWILS
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:36 am 
Post subject: HI POPPY
The only reason i got a scan so early is because i had some pain which i was concerned about so i went up to the hospital just to be on the safe side, i was so early on they could only see the sack and yolk so i was panicking again as i thought something was wrong but went up 10 days later and thats when i seen the wee heartbeat it was amazing, have to wait now till my 12 wk scan since they know everything is ok which is such a relief, im so glad i found this site its great to hear everybodys story that is in the same place as me, i actually told everyone about me preg but i wish i would of thought about telling my mum on mothers day she would of loved that xox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular