Prednancy test says 'yes' but I don't feel pregnant!

Poppy21
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:40 am 
Post subject:
MISWILS,

Just glad everything's ok for you.

Can't wait to tell everyone. My husband said yesterday, 'How pregnant are you? Well can you hurry up to 12 weeks please!' He's is desperate to tell people too, he's normally the worst ever for keeping secrets, so this is killing him!
FingersCrossed
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:59 am 
Post subject:
MISWILS

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, my LMP was the 27th Dec but I worked out I would be due about the 2nd Oct?? is this right as everyone else seems to have the 6th?

I went to the hospital with pains a week and a half ago and although I had a scan which showed the sac with the yolk, I am dying to see the heart beat on the next scan which is on Wed, then I will feel much happier! I have had quite a few symptoms so far like you all which is reassuring.

Unfortunately the job I am in is fairly high risk so I had to notify my boss when I was 5 weeks and my staff at the end of last week so that they understand why I am having to move depts. This meant I also had to tell parents so that they were not the last to know.

However I have had a couple of female colleagues who should not know come up to me and ask if I am pregnant (no bump yet) as they say they can tell that something looks different about me - how weird is that??
Poppy21
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:09 am 
Post subject:
Fingerscrossed,

Sounds like the old jungle drums have been beating where you work. I still haven't told my boss for exactly those reasons, I don't want to until I get a scan date then I'll have to so I can be excused from work. If I tell her, I know that it'll soon spread and as I said before, I'm not telling my parents til mother's day and I want them to be the first to know.. NOT the cleaner at work!
MISWILS
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
I know its hard to keep things from people because i was taking time off for hospital app then had a blood test done where it left my arm bruised, the women in my work keeps asking if im preg i just laugh it of and say no but its hard feel like just telling everyone he,he xox
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:06 am 
Post subject:
hi poppy!
how you doing? had any sickness yet? ive been feeling it, but think its only where i get hungry and when i eat im ok. i still aint had any appointments through yet and am dying to have scan soon, im only 8 weeks tho - another 4 to go first!
CLAIRE80
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hello There

I am not sure If I ma pregnant or not yet as my sycle has varied since coming off the pill in July, My last period was 24.01.08 4 weeks ago tommorrow,
I ovulated on the 10 feb, Sunday and I had sex that day and the 2 days after that.

A couple of days later i started getting pregnancy symptoms. REALLY achy and itchy boobs. cramps in my lower abdomen (like a stitch) swollen tum etc and strong smell.

However since Monday all the symptoms have wore off and I have pains like period pains, I think my period would be due on tuesday 25feb, judging my my last cycle 36 days, but according to the pregnancy calculator I would be on day 28 today if I were pregnant.
I just wondered if any of you guys who are pregnant experienced period like pains or anything like this,

Or maybe I am actually going to get my period.

Any feedback appreciated

Claire x
MISWILS
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject: hi clare
well i have had cramps which is ment to be pretty normal as its everything stretching to make room for the little baby, i would wait to after your periods due and take a test so you can know for sure whats going on, wish you all the best and lets hope you get a big positive xx
sozzle
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

I went to the doctors after taking pregnancy test and she booked me a dating scan which came through almost immediately (i think i was lucky there!!) I dont get another scan on NHS until 20 weeks but have booked in for NT scan (had to do it privately unfortunately) for 12 weeks and im really looking forward to seeing the little one again - i didnt realise how emotional i would feel when i saw the screen at the dating scan!! Also, my husband is coming with me this time which will be lovely. I will be 11 weeks exactly on Mothers Day so i was in two minds about telling anyone (didnt want to tempt fate!!) but it just felt like a really great present to tell my mum that she is (hopefully) going to be a grandma (cue tears!!). On the symptoms front, boobs are increasing in size daily and is tummy!! I have even had to invest in a nightie (how old am i?LOL) because i feel really uncomfortable at night in PJs. Otherwise just a few daily cramps. Hope you are all feeling ok?

sozzlex
lindablair
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
I think the sore boobs is a good enough symptom if any!! I haven't been sick SICK yet, but have felt nausous, but I think that is more nerves if anything!
Poppy21
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls,

Still haven't any real signs apart from heavy and sore boobs and feeling tired.

Got my scan date through, its not til 26th March which'll be 13 1/2 weeks. I would have liked it sooner really.

Still gonna tell parents on Mother's day though then will tell everyone else after scan. Can't wait!
lindablair
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:16 am 
Post subject:
I think you and I are about 2 weeks/10 days apart Poppy!
tay
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:51 am 
Post subject: HELLO ALL
Pretty scared at mo! Just been reading your messages and now thinking I may not be abnormal!
I had a misscarriage in December and have just found out I am pregnant again! I've done 2 tests so pretty sure I am. I'm not getting any symptoms though!!?? No sore boobs? No sickness - except now and again but think that's just worry!!!! Have had bad abdominal pains but they've not really gone away since miscarriage?!?
I'm having a scan at 9.45 today - hence being awake at 5am and searching the internet for answers!!! I am getting a good service from the hospital though. When I had had the miscarriage they told me to call the moment I found out I was pregnant again. Also I was seeing a consultant due to bad abdominal pains that didn't go away. The early pregnancy unit have been v supportive but said they won't see anything till 6 weeks (today!!!)- fingers crossed!!!
kirsty2311
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:59 am 
Post subject: hi
hi every1, im new to this site and was just reading some of your comments. i am currently 6 wks and 5 days preg and relieved to know that im not the only one who hasnt experienced many symptoms. i was starting to worry as with my first pregnancy i had morning sickness, tiredness sore boobs, mood swings the lot. and this time just seems so mild as ive only had sore heavy and 'itchy' boobs, feel nauseated most days but never amounts to sickness yet, tiredness isnt to overwhelming and a few aches in abdominal area. also slightly constipated and feel bloated all the time, any1 else experience this? im due on oct the 15th and got my 1st scan on 27th march i cant wait to see my ickle jellybean and start feeling pregnant. x
sozzle
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tay - hope everything went alright with scan. dont worry about not showing any symptoms, one of my best friends had no symptoms whatsoever until 4mths!! She didnt even know she was pregnant until 3 and a half months so i guess it all depends on the lady.

Fingers crossed for today
sozzle
tay
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
Had scan this morning and my dates are all wrong!! First day is last period was 13th Jan which makes me 6 weeks but scan says I'm 5 weeks - 4mm sac. They said that sizes are more of an exact science than dates! Also they've checked my hormone levels to see if they are in sync with the size. Midwife says that no symptoms can be normal and that dates are only an estimate. They are scanning again in 2 weeks so should see a heartbeat then - if not then I'll worry! As only 5 weeks I'll just have to wait for the symptoms - just think it'll be reassuring to feel something! Can't believe I'm looking forward to throwing up!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular