Prednancy test says 'yes' but I don't feel pregnant!

hannah17
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 pm 
Post subject: pregnacy symtoms
this is my first pregnancy and just about all foods r makin me feel sik its hard to also eat in the morning
Jannah
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:31 pm 
Post subject: Re: Pregnancy test says 'yes' but I don't feel pregnant!
Don't worry about not feeling pregnant, I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first and I felt exactly the same as you until about 24 weeks. I found that the sore boobs lasted until about three months. After that, I was worried that there were no other symptoms until I realised that I was incredibly tired a lot of the time & always had a nap after work, even if it was only for an hour.
I also realised that although I had no morning sickness, there were smells that made me feel queasy - red wine (alcohol in general) and cigarette smoke were the worst culprits.
As my placenta is at the front, I also did not really feel my baby move until about 24-26 weeks, so felt fat rather than pregnant despite the fact that I had seen all was ok on the scans and had heard the heartbeat at my antenatal appointments.
MISWILS
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:42 am 
Post subject: hi girls
Was just wondering how yous are all getting on, im now nearly 9 weeks and just can not wait till i get my 12 week scan. Havent got any sympstons yet just tired but dont know if thats me just being lazy Laughing lets hope the next 3 weeks go in quick
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
miswils,
im nearly 9 weeks 2mo. one thing thats started with me my legs have been so achey! think its where my bones are softening in preparation! ive got a bump already! i cant wait either for my scan, i even rang the hospital today to make sure they had recieved my booking from the docs, they have but aprently theres a back log with appointments at the mo they are busy. so i'll probably be more like 14-15 weeks when i have my first scan! x
MISWILS
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:35 pm 
Post subject: Hi lis31
Its good to talk to everyone in the same place as myself, ive been having really sore knees and legs they are really crampy is that the way yours is like? i havent recieved my appointment yet cant wait just to see what going on in there it just feels to long to wait, im sure you are not happy having to wait now to 14 weeks its long enough waiting for the 12 weeks xx
CLAIRE80
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hya Everyone

I am 5 weeks pregnant ,found out last week on the day my period was due. I was getting symptoms up until about Sunday like really achy boobs, and really strong cramps. Now I seem to have nothing at all, my boobs have stopped aching and I just have a very mild cramp very occasionaly, (last week it was constant dragging pain). I just feel like my usual self now, no tiredness,grumpyness,strong sense of smell, or sickness!
I have an 8year old and think I must have been the same with him as I cant remember having any illness/symtoms with him.

I havnt rang the doctor yet to make an appointment to book in I didnt now if it was too early, does anyone know when the usual time is to go

Claire x
MISWILS
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 am 
Post subject: Hi Claire
Im now 9 weeks but i know exactly where u r coming from as i think i had more symptons when i was 5 weeks and it panicks you, it is to early to have a scan at 5 weeks as you can only see the sack but if you wait to yr 6 weeks you will be ably to see the wee heart beat as i did at 6 weeks 5 days, cant wait just to get my wee scan at 12 weeks so i know everything is ok, i think we could just be the lucky ones not to get any symptons
Poppy21
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

I love the fact we're all around the same time. I'm now 9 weeks and 2 days. Got my scan date for 13th March (they did have it for the 26th March but I rang up and asked for it to be brought to 12 weeks rather thn 13 1/2). I'm really excited but also a bit anxious, I just want to see that heart beat.

As far as symptoms go, I still have sore boobs but haven't been sick. My size 14 trousers which usually fit have become uncomfortably tight so have had to buy size 16(which are too big!) I think I'm starting to look pregnant but I'm trying to hide it until the scan date. We want to know everything's ok before we share our news.

Hope you're all well.

x
MISWILS
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:22 am 
Post subject: Hi Poppy21
I know it is great ive turned 9 weeks today and not getting much symptons but i to have put on wait but think its all the eating ive been doing im sooooo greedy these days i cant button any of my jeans up. thats good to here youve got your appointment you will have to let us all know how it goes, i havent got my appointment in yet hope i get it soon i just wanna see everything is ok, so i can go and start buying we bits and bobs and i think it will feel more real as it doesnt at the mo, xx
sozzle
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All - i will be 11 weeks on Sunday. I have my 12 week scan at the end of next week, and we were going to tell people after that. However, i had to tell work yesterday (rather traumatic!) as i was meant to be going to the far east next week. After chatting it through with the doctor, i felt that it was just too far away and going to be too tiring to do right now. I was also worried that if anything were to happen (when i was away or after i got back) i would blame myself for going. If its helpful to anyone considering travelling it is perfectly safe to do so its just that i decided that for me personally it was better to wait until the second trimester for a long haul trip (i did have to go to Switzerland early on in pregnancy which was fine). Anyway, i cannot wait until next week as it will be the first time that i will know whether everything is developing ok. (i am keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it is!) I hope everyone else in their first trimester is doing well. sozzlex
Poppy21
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,
Hope you're all ok. We told our parents on Mother's day that we're pregnant. There was a moment of stunned silence but then they were all really chuffed. Father-in-law was trying to hide the tears in his eyes!

Then... on Monday I started to get stabbing pains, went to the loo and had dark brown, sticky bleeding. Phoned doctor who saw me straight away and has insisted on bed-rest until my scan which was supposed to be Thursday 13th. The emergency care unit rang first thing on Tuesday and have brought my scan forward to this Friday which is a relief. We just need to wait and see..... The doctor seemed to think that it wasn't too much to worry about as there was only a small amount of blood, he reckons its a 'placenta bleed', which apparently is quite normal. We'll be assured when we hear the baby's heart beat, so fingers crossed. x
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:52 am 
Post subject:
hi poppy!
oh im glad ur parents were happy with the news. and i hope everythings ok with your baby and the scan goes ok. they do say alot of people spot/bleed alittle bit, i think its if theres alot and bright red theres a problem. let me know how you get on. im 10 wks today, got my scan 27th march which seems ages away! got my booking next weds though with the midwife.
lis x
MISWILS
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:12 am 
Post subject: Hi poppy21
Just thought id let u know that ive had the brown blood a couple times its usually nothing to worry about ive even heard of people having red blood through the first 3 months of preg, please let us know how u get on with your scan, i still havent recieved my date for scan wish it would hurry up he,he good luck hun hope everything is doing brilliant with the wee baby xx
sozzle
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:42 am 
Post subject:
I also told my parents on Mothers Day (i was exactly 11 weeks) - they were over the moon and it was really nice to share the news with someone other than my husband!! Not telling anyone else until after my 12 week scan which is on Sunday (we have to do it privately). Am counting down the minutes until then, although am also really nervous about results. Poppy - hope scan goes well. I too had brown discharge in January and a bit in February. Midwife told me it was quite normal and that i may get it all the way through pregnancy. You definitely did the right thing though by speaking to the doctors and taking it easy - always better to be on the safe side. Let me know how you get on.
Poppy21
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hello!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good news! The scan was fine- phew!

I was really nervous before hand, especially as we'd had to wait 4 days from my bleed but it went well.

It was just pure relief to see the little flicker of a heart beat. It was difficult to make anything else out, the midwife was saying, "There's the head and look, there are its arm and legs." But I really couldn't tell, it was like one of those 'magic eye' pictures where you have to go cross-eyed to see them!

My husband said it was great to see the physical relief being lifted off my shoulders. Even though we weren't going to tell anyone till 12 weeks, now we've seen the scan, we have told everyone which was great fun. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow so hopefully things'll be ok now.

Hope you're all well,
Poppy x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular