LO won't sit on the potty

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 pm 
Post subject: LO won't sit on the potty
Please help, I'd really like to get my little girl trained and have started the process. Have introduced a potty and keep telling her wee wee goes in there and trying to encourage her to sit on it and try it out but she just doesn't seem keen on even sitting on it. I have also got a training seat for the toilet and it's the same thing with that. I think she understands the concept because she brought the potty to me the other day and said yes when I asked if she needed a wee, but when I took her nappy off she crouched next to it and wee'd on the floor! It's almost as though she doesn't like the feel of it on her bare bottom.

Any ideas how to proceed?
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 am 
Post subject:
how old is she ? she might be a little young. You could try taking her to the shop to choose her own potty ?
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. Yes taking her shopping could be a good plan, I am planning to take her to choose some knickers when she finally starts using the potty too!

She is only 18months so yes very young still, I don't want to push her but do believe she is capable of doing it if she wants too. Both myself and my Mum were dry during the day by about 15 months so I don't believe it isn't possible given the right encouragement even though most ppl these days leave it quite late.
K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
I'm afraid I can't give you advice on getting DD to sit on the potty but just wanted to say that I agree with you about her being able to potty train at that age, DS was partially potty trained from 15 months (once he'd started to walk) as in he'd take himself to the potty as long as he had no bottoms on. He's now 21 months and is dry day and night, and in pants rather than nappies.

If she is telling you she needs a wee and waiting til you've taken her pants down then she is definately more then ready and that's brilliant! My friend's DD was dry day and night by 18 months and she had a phase of crouching next to potty to wee instead of in it (after previously being happy to sit on it lol) at about 15-16 months so she's definatley getting there, good luck and hope you find a potty she likes! Smile

Just as an after thought, have you tried sitting her favourite teddy/doll on the potty and saying something like "oooh, dolly's having a wee in the potty, can you do that?" my other friend's 3 yr old refused to sit on the potty til her fave dolly wanted to then she seemed ok with it....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular