Does anybody have a child with retts syndrome? Need to talk

tania123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 pm 
Post subject: Does anybody have a child with retts syndrome? Need to talk
Has anyone got a child with retts syndrome? Id like 2 chat and get some advice! We have just got our daughters results bk.. Mri came bk normal but she had blood tests done and they have found a rare faulty gene thats close to retts syndrome. I dont really understand it all 2 be honest and wud like some advice, we are waiting for an app to c the geneticist and me and my partner are havin the blood tests done to c if we carry or have the faulty gene! Im so worried and scared. She is 11months old and is still practically like a newborn. She cant sit up or hold her head up for long periods, she is not smilin and is very undemanding. She hardly cries and suffers from seizures. Can any1 help me? Wud be really good 2 chat. She's my beautiful baby... Xxx
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
I am sure Kenty(sp) daughters has it, not sure if she comes on her anymore, hope someone replies soon xx

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun. I have taught 2 girls with Retts syndrone. They are both of primary school age now. I could give you my experiences of that if thats of any help? I'm sure there must be online support groups out there where you could speak to other Mums? Take care hun x x

tania123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Please do give me ur experience, it wud really help.... Thank u so much for replyin. I really appreciate it. Im so worried. Xxx
GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Ok hun, you are welcome. I will put some information together for you and my experiences for you. I'll send it in a private message though to respect the confidentiality of the girls I know. X

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Jennifer256 wrote:
I am sure Kenty(sp) daughters has it, not sure if she comes on her anymore, hope someone replies soon xx

her daughter does - you could try and send her a private message. Her little girl is about 3 now so will have a lot of experience
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
GemGemz...you'd actually be amazed that there isn't really a support network for Rett Syndrome Sad

i have answered your PM, i log in every day or two so you will get any replies you need relatively quickly

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
im glad u have sum answers now about ur daughter and i hope u can get the help and info u need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular