should i be feeding my 6 month old in the night

eddiesmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:54 pm 
Post subject: should i be feeding my 6 month old in the night
i have a 6 month old who has 2 regular 1/2 hour naps in the day and has no problem falling asleep. h is weaned and has just gone from breast to bottle. he had septicemia and aspell in hospital back in nov and since then has not slepyt through (although this may have been coincidence) i guess because he was so ill we didnt like to leave him to cry. now enough is enough though!! he is only getting up after 7am at 11 (ish) and 2 (ish) but i can't settle him unless i give im a bottle. last night i gavehim a bottle of water at 2 instead of milk and this made no difference, he settles well from it, does this mean he is not truely hungry and i should try and cut out this bottle? should i try leavin him to cry?
i wouldquite happiuly cope with just doing the 11pm feed!!!! (but would eventually love to cut this one out too!!) any help would be appreciated!!!
x
kate07
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:59 pm 
Post subject: Re: should i be feeding my 6 month old in the night
just a message to eddies mum iam in the exact persition as you. just wanted to know if you had any luck.[/b]
eddiesmum
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi,
he is now sleeping thru!! yippee!! he was ill recently which set him back a bit but we tried leaving him to cr again for 1 night and h is back going 7 till 7 now. he is also in abetter mood during the day and eating alot better too (altho it might all be coincidence) in the end we started to leave him to cry (after initially checking everything was ok an rubbing him on his back and shushing him)some times he still cries for a bit but never longer than 10 mins. if your gonna do it tho you have to be commited, because we found that if we werentboith strong it didnt work and in fact coul make the crying worse by giving inafter longer because he then learnt to just keep crying longer and louder and eventually we would come. now we know it works tho i is easier to be strong and it is worth it!!
i should say tho, that before we started to do it we had him checked with the HV and also ade sure he got enought calories during the day, and at first we did give him some water at night when he would normally have had milk.
good luck, let me know how it goes!
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular