unplanned first baby and scared

ktcm
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 am 
Post subject: unplanned first baby and scared
hi. Iam going to be a young single mum. Iam really scared about it all. Not sure if i will be able 2cope. I read a few topics on here and i seem 2be younger than every1 else. I would like 2make a friend who knows how i am feeling.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Awww hunnie try not to worry about your age , being older doesn't make you a better parent , being a single parent isn't always easy but it is very rewarding , I had my first at 17 and he's 23 now and turned out pretty well if I do say so myself . I was scared too and it wasn't always easy financially or emotionally but you do cope and I wouldn't have missed out on it for anything . I'm sure there will be loads of people here in a similar situation to you , Good luck with the pregnancy x
ktcm
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am 
Post subject:
thankyou. I guess your right. I just feel like i might fail or not be able 2provide the baby with everything she needs.
PoxiePixie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
I now the feeling chick it was just before my 18th birthday I found out I was pregnant, scary stuff but I just keep telling myself everything will be fine and work itself out. x
RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck and congratulations, I think a lot of people get scared whatever their age! Just think that being young and healthy when you have a baby is already giving the child a good start!
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
i no how your feeling i found out i was pregnant just after my 18t birthday and i was really scared but honest you will be ok.. at first its hard adjusting but once you have got yourself into a routine it is so much easier and you will wounder what you ever worried about
HohLee
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
how old are you hon? I had my first at 16 xx
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:43 am 
Post subject:
I got preg with my first at 19, she came a month after I was 20. And my best friend had twins while we were 18. Don't panic hun, I'm sure you will make a fab mum! Young mums are all too often stereotyped but I love the fact that I'm young, also makes it nice that once theyre grown up and moved out we'll still be young! The only worrying part is that if she does the same as me I'll be a gran at 40! haha. good luck to you babe xxx
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
i got preg with my first at 18 and has her just before i was 19 although my pregnancy was planned.

as long as you love your baby im sure u will be able to giv him or her everything him or her needs.

Portery
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
you can get in touch with me i am new to this community and from india. Don't woory about your age i too have a baby in age of 21 y

Internet Marketing Strategies
LuckyMummy2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, just be the best mum you can be. As long as you try your best and love your child, what more can you do? I was 21 when I had my son, and you certainly do a lot of growing up quickly! But as mum, you will always find your way Smile You'll learn some good coping skills.

One of my friends had her little girl when she just turned 18, and she's one of the best mums I know. She does it all by herself too.

You'll be find hun. Have some faith in yourself xx
CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, dont worry about age, its just a number, im sure if you love your baby and give him/her everythin you can everything will be fine. i know of lots of girls who have been young and single and they have all done great, how old are you?
i was 17 when i fell pg and just tunred 18 when i had my 1st baby although my pg was planned and i had my OH beside me for support.
it must be scary being young and on your own but try ad stay positive Very Happy

Cheryl xx
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
i will be totally honest with you, i felt scared as well was pregnant at the age of 20 and unplanned, but had my partner by my side though, i didnt feel pregnant through the whole time and after giving birth i felt like i was looking after someone elses baby, after a few days of gaining confidence in bathing, changing and bonding, it will be your routine, and a wee while down the line you can't imagine how your life would be without them.
my 2 yr old girl is a terror and has her moments but i ignore them til she finishes her strop you will have your ups and some downs but you should have someone like your mum, etc who can even take her for a couple hours to give your head a little rest.
dont worry! everything will work out and you will find your own way of coping, good luck!
dominiqueb
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
im 17 an i give birth 3 months ago to my little girl who i would change anythin for the world, i went back to collage to finish my a level s when my baby was 8 weeks old, i am not goin to let anyone get me down for being a young mum, i am doing the best for my baby an plan to go to uni in 3 years to be a midwife, dont worry about being a young mum as long as you are determined to do a good job then you will be fine Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular