Children from previous relationships

Maiyasmummy17
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am 
Post subject: Children from previous relationships
ok so me and my partner have been together a while and he's been living with me for about 10 months and my little girl 3 who absolutely adores him. he has a son 4 from a previous relationship who ive seen 5 times in the space of a year. now last week we got on the topic of having another baby, well he wants 2 more and i brought up that ive never seen his son and find it quite odd and upsetting, like im not good enough or something. he then went on to tell me that he wants his son to still think he and his ex are still together?! my partner never has his son overnight or anything, he'll go and stay at hers if shes out or stay the night if shes away with work or whatever. me my daughter my partner and his son have probably gone out 3 times in the space of a year. anyway my point was if we had a baby surely his son is going to think what the hell is going on why has daddy got another baby with someone else when i thought mummy and daddy were together. either that or i wont be in the picture with him, im nout sure.

does anyone else find this a bid weird or is it just me? its making me quite upset and bugging the hell out of me because i really want another baby but not with someone who doesnt want to give their all and thats how i feel Sad

x
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject:
I would find that a bit wierd if it was me.

What does his ex do? Does she have anyone else or does she pretend like your OH?

Maiyasmummy17
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:17 am 
Post subject:
No she doesn't have anyone else. Apparently she isn't interested. She's always flying away with work to other countries and trying to get into politics. He's saying if we have a baby of course things would change...
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
Wow yes that I'd quite odd, why on earth does he want his son to think they are still together? Surely that's just postponing development! If your oh has been living with you for a while surely its a bit of an add set up.
It's best to be honest with children so they aren't confused, chances are he will deal with a break up better now than when you guys have a baby, don't want him thinking you took his dad away!
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Very strange! - Hope it sorts out soon! Sending hugs!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:59 am 
Post subject:
surely if his son is 4 year old he realises daddy dusnt live with them anymore and therefore realises things have changed.

its going to be a lot harder on the child wen the truth eventually comes out they need to tell him whats happened sooner rather than later then he can spend quality time with his mum and his dad and u and ur daughter.

hope u get things sorted

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Second families are always a bit odd. My partners ex wife has been really odd told her daughter all these lies about hers and his relationship. Told her they were not married, then that they were only together a few weeks. We had to fight through the courts to get to see her after his ex wife got a new bloke and he was quickly named daddy jean (he's french). I have a fantastic relationship with my ex although I always know when he has a new girlfriend. My OH's daughter wishes I was her mummy!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular