September 2012 Mummies!

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hey cathy! Congratulations! In most areas it's around 12 weeks as far as I know unless there is a problem or any concerns. I live in Bristol, what about you girls? As far as I know they probably won't do much at your initial doctors appointment hun! Might do the basic health checks, but unlikely to do another pregnancy test. The ones in the shops are so accurate! I remember I went when I was 5 weeks with my son and I was in and out! I've booked in to see my midwife at 8 weeks, and then she'll do a full health check with me and go through my medical history etc. Any questions I'm happy to answer, but it feels like years ago! Can't remember a thing about being pregnant! kic78 so sorry to hear about your friend, how awful Sad xxx

NIx1972
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Cathy! x if things go the way I think they will - i'll be due on my birthday too! - 16th Sept! how crazy is that?

I live in South Devon (not far from you Gemgem - hope your cold feels better - hot lemon squash with honey was what I survived on last pg when I had a cold x, here they usually wait til 12 weeks to do a scan. The only reason I'm having early scans is to date the pregnancy and to check for ectopic as I'm high risk (being old, previous c-section and was on the pill...)

kic78 that's terrible news for your friend x - that's going to be a bit awkward when you tell her your news?

Early night for me tonight - feeling sooooo sleepy! xx

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Cold isn't too bad ta, I'll survive! I can't even keep myself topped up with caffeine lol. I'm really missing all my tea I normally drink! Hope your scan goes well Nix. I had a c-section too. I'm sure you're not old! My Mum had my sister at 43! It's kept her young! She had me and my brothers in her 30's. I'm 26. If someone had asked me at 18 when I'd have kids I'd have said 30 odd, but it happened much sooner! I think there are pro's and con's to all ages for having kids x x

kic78
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations cathy! im in glasgow & its same here with regards to scans. GP literally just said congratulations i'll refer you is there anything else?!! early pregnancy unit do early scans if theres any complications.

Nix - ive told her last week. Just hope its not akward when she comes back & my pregnancy progresses.

Nix/gemgem - do you mind me asking if your having a section or vbac this time? i also had a section after a long labour & think i'd prefer another section.
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
I really don't know. I had a c-section after 3 days of failed induction, so I don't want that again! I was induced as I had high blood glucose levels. If I get this again they may well say they want the baby out early in which case I'd say c-section (I have no faith in being induced!). If all goes well and blood sugars are fine i'd like to wait and see and go for a VBAC i think! Will see what midwife says at 8week check. Im off to bed, night ladies x x

NIx1972
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
not sure either....

I had emcs after 4 days of induction, got to 9cm and his head got stuck and heart rate plummeted... was gutted I didn't get to do it myself so would like to try a VBAC, but if this one turns out as big.... may be less tiring to go for elective cs and not be completely shattered from the whole labour process so I can look after both...

think I'll be swaying my decision each way as the weeks progress!

How have we all been? I've had a rubbish day - but luckily one of my friends rescued me and it turned out ok in the end Smile
xNx

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you means. At least with a planned c-section you know whats going to happen. Sorry you had a traumatic birth. I literally didnt sleep for the 3 days leading up to my c-section and then I dont think I slept at all after lol. Who knows. Harry was 8lb10oz at 38.5weeks, so I reckon if I went to 40weeks I'd grow an even bigger one! Anyway, who knows, I could be carrying a petite little girl this time, a nice 7lb or something hehe x x

Cathy1981
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject:
Hey girls. thanks for all the congrats, doctors this afternoon, and took clear blue this morning, still BFP

lol use all know what you are talking about, i havent a clue about c sections or anything, guess ill have no choice now only to find out Crying or Very sad Shocked

hope everyone is keeping well, as yet i still dont feel to different, just sore boobs, but im only 5 weeks gone today.

So ill let you all know how I got on later.

chat soon xxxxx
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,
My sickness has finally stuck. Being sick for three days now. DH is totally forbidden to use aftershaves. He has to move into the spare bed room soon. Lol. Being sick all morning till about 4 pmish. Remind me that is my last please, can't take another nine months like this.....
All the same, am still looking forward to my GP appointment next week. Better luck ladies on the sickness part.
Have a nice weekend....
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
I actually, from what i remember, liked being in labour but it lasted 32 hours (12 hours established) before i couldnt physically go on any longer. I would like to try naturally but dont think i could cope with that again.

Ive had a horrible day today, felt really sick in work all day but every time i went to loo the feeling passed. Now ive got another migraine coming on & i want 2 crawl into a corner & hide! cant wait for this trimester to be over!
Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Evening ladies Very Happy

So excited and nervous - have my scan in the morning! Hope we can see something this time... Fx !

Hope all of you are well again? .... I've been particularly nauseous this weekend - I'm hoping it's a good sign Smile

xNx

Cathy1981
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 am 
Post subject:
Hey Girls, hope everyone is getting on well.

My app when great Dr confirmed i am expecting, did that was it, didnt do anything else. so just have to wait on my 12 weeks app.

has anyone as been getting bad stomach cramps, like worst than period pain, had them yesterday and kept waking up thru the night with them, is this normal should i ring the doctors???????????
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Ooh NIx good luck today! Wish I even had my letter from the hospital so I know when my scan is, feels like the next 6 weeks is a lifetime away!

Cathy - I had really bad cramps first time round that woke me through the night too. Its just your uterus stretching & your body adjusting to make way. Apart from the odd twinge i've had nothing this time round.
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 am 
Post subject:
Hellloooooooo! Can I join you girls pretty please?

I'm pg with number 2. Gem - you might remember me from jan 2010 forum.

We have been trying for a few months, but felt different this time round and kinda knew before I did the test. Did one friday night not with FMU and it came up really strong. Have had a few mc when ttc#1 so being quite cautious. Not telling a sole until the 12 week scan.

Really really really really excited though. Can't wait to go through it all again although I already feel headachy and super tired. Gotta love it though as this will be our last - want to enjoy every minute and remember it all!
xx
Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Congrats to everyone!

I am expecting my 2nd. My DS is nearly 3 and we have been trying for No. 2 since August 2010, I had just about given up hope and got a BFP on Friday night!

I had been to Curves for my post-Christmas weigh and measure and my measurements were a bit strange - bust had gone up by 2 inches!!! It made me a little suspicious Very Happy

My hubby is over the moon.

Nausea comes and goes, sore boobs and some pulling in my tummy but otherwise all normal.

Did have a strange yearning for oranges all over the Christmas break though!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to:  

Community

Popular