September 2012 Mummies!

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. It looks like you are all well. I can't believe I', over 38 weeks pregnant! It's gone so quick! I'm booked in for a c-section on Thursday 30th August is I haven't had my baby by then due to previous section and scans showing big baby. So, until then, I'm up for trying any of the old wives tales to get me into labour! I never went into labour with my son so I don't really know what to look out for! Anyway, can't wait to meet our little one. Won't be long now either way! How are you all? xxx

spinetingle
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Wow. 30th isn't very long. How exciting!!! I tried all the tales to get me into labour last time and nothing worked, but it was fun ha ha ha. Good luck with it
xx
Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Wow Gems! That is close!!!

I am expecting to be induced at 39 weeks due to big baby too. I think you will be the first so please let us know how you get on!!

I am now 36 weeks and my waters broke at 36 + 4 the last time so am hoping I can get through my last week of work okay and it would be great if I could get a week off after as Bobby starts playschool on Monday week and I would have a week off with 5 mornings to myself!!! Unheard of!! I only work every second week but when I am not working he is home with me all the time. I am not complaining but I love the idea of having a little time to myself before the mayhem starts again.

Also, as I got cheated of it last time, I had my spa day with my mum and sis last Friday (I have very pretty toes now) and got my hair done on Saturday so together with having most baby things ready, I feel all ready.

Baby is definitely engaged, my hips, pubic area and bum are all aching and my bump seems smaller to me, maybe just cos I am looking down and it and it has definitely lowered. GP yesterday said baby is very low down into pelvis.

Hope you are all ok.

x

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
hello all EKKKKKKKKK

it is so close for some of us!
14 days for me Smile

im hopefull i will go full term so the baby is the oldest in the year and not the youngest :)so i have STOPPED drinking raspberry leaf tea and eating pinapple!

i'm booked for a sweep 2 days before my due date - i thought that was strange but that is apparently how they do it here.

i have never had a sweep, so i am curios if it works!! im giving up work the day before my sweep now lol, i just want to save as much time for after the baby Smile

good luck every one xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
I had a sweep - it was quite uncomfortable and did not work - hopefully better for you!

I have no idea when we are all due now - I'm the 22nd and Gem seems to be the 30th August for her CS, what's everyone else?
xx
Claire89x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
I'm due 26th Sept seems so far away! Laughing x

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
im due the 8th september......

i'm really really wanting to last until at least the 1st so that the baby is not the youngest in the school year but the oldest - however i have no physically way of delaying it or influencing it so no point worrying!!!

i have a sweep booked on the thursday but not due till the saturday. i'm not giving up work only on the wednesday hahah so it better not come too early.

having a very lazy next couple of weeks so i dont help the baby come along - i cant believe i am trying to delay it!!!!

xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Am due on the 20th Sept but will probably be induced a week earlier - will know more later I hope as I have appointment this afternoon.

This time last pregnancy though my waters had gone at this point and I was in hospital. My son was born at 36 + 6. I don't think it will happen early this time though, I am much more comfortable and therefore I think baby is more comfortable too so won't make an early appearance.

And YAY.... I finish work on Weds!!!!!

How is everyone feeling?

caz007
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

I'm due on 16th September. Finished work a week ago.

Cant believe how fast time is flying by.

Cant wait to meet my little bundle. Got quite an achey belly today.

Hope you all well.

Caz xxx

/]
Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 am 
Post subject:
YAAAYYYY!!! Last day of work today!!! Very Happy

Gems - today is the 29th - Do you feel ready??????

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies! My last post before the baby comes!!! I'm all set, just got to take my son to Grandma and Grandads tonight and then put the last few bits in my bag (essentials like my make up and hair brush lol). Got to be at the hospital for 7.30am!!! Also not allowed to eat or drink after 10pm (apart from tiny sips of water) in preparation for the section. I'll be having a bit of a gorge around 9.30pm then lol. I guess I was hoping that I might have gone into labour naturally by now, but as long as my baby gets here safely I dont mind. I've been eating pineapple and curry, drinking raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my gym ball, going for walks, and even done the deed a few times hehe (not top of my priority list with my giant belly and no sleep!!!). Sadly none of the above sent me into labour, but it was worth a shot. I had 2 sweeps too from the midwife just in case, but the first time she couldnt reach my cervix as it was too early and the second time she only just reached it. However, on the whole I can't complain it's been a relatively easy and healthy pregnancy compared to my first, I just want to meet he/she now Smile Feeling well, lots of pressure down there and peeing a hundred times a day (and night!). One of my legs has been quite uncomfortable, but the doctor says its just the pressure and nerves etc and should go once the baby and everything is out. Having a quiet day today, lots of cuddles with my boy on the sofa and pottering about doing last bits of washing etc. Got a huge tesco shop being delivered this afternoon so that we dont have to worry to much over the next couple of weeks. Anyway, thats enough of me! Watch this space in a few days time and I will hopefully have some good news! I hope you are all well and enjoying the last few weeks of your pregnancy. Not long to go for any of us now! lotsa love xxx

caz007
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck for tomorrow Gem Gemz.

And good luck to all other ladies for when it happens.

Caz xx

/]
Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck for tomorrow Gemz!! Can't wait to hear all about your new arrival. You seem so calm and prepared, well done.

How exciting!

x

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
good luck gemz!!!

a happy delivery for you
xxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies! If I can get the internet on my phone in hospital I will post my news! Good luck to the rest of you too, you never know! Xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 31 of 35

Jump to:  

Community

Popular