What a year and still no answers...

AngelDelight
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:05 am 
Post subject: What a year and still no answers...
Hello Ladies...

Well I have not been on here for sometime, but thought as it's a new year I want to get back onto things.

My son has many issues and has been for so many tests and know definate answers, they say he is about 6 months behind in development. This is what he has so far:

Very underweight - 18lbs at nearly 2 years of age
low muscle tone - requires piedro boots and physio
glue ear
Speach delay - currently waiting to see an SLT
Cafe au lait marks

His genetic tests will be restarting this summer, so he will be 2.5 yrs of age, so more worry to go through waiting for results. It's been very challenging to say the least. But other than his problems, he eats very well, very happy fun loving little boy Very Happy

and I am pleased to say he finally WALKED at 22 months, never thought it would happen, so Mummy was so happy and still am.. Smile Smile Smile

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:46 am 
Post subject:
Joshua is a gorgeous happy little boy and he has come along so much recently. His walking has come on leaps and bounds! I know how frustrated you get, but always remember me and the girls are always here for you x x x p.s. i will text you about my ticker, please keep it quiet! Wink

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
sorry u hav no answers still. We a closer to an answer, Georgias doctor think she has a communication disorder. She is nw about 14 months behind with her speech and understanding, she has nt progressed for past 6 months, doctorsaid she will hav additional needs for the nxt 5 years at least. She is having speech therapy once a week and will be startin the early support nursery in nxt couple of months.

So glad hes walking nw hav the piedros helped? Georgias piedros hav helped her loads these shud be her last pair and we will try her in normal shoes.

AngelDelight
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Laura

Yes Piedro's have been a god send, lucily they clinic has some on loan for him back in summer so that really helped as he didnt get an appt to see orthotist till Dec, the waiting list around here is a joke!

What is this about nursery funding? as his com peadatrician mentioned this that Joshua could have a helpw with nursery funding but didnit know what this entailed.

If Georgia has un undiagnosed disorder I am part of a group called SWAN - symptoms without a name. It's great so many kiddies on their with lots of different issues but don't have a reason/label. If you want more info let me know and I will send u details.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 am 
Post subject:
All i know is there is an early support nursery where children with additional needs can attend frm 2 to 5. We hav known about it since November but we r no closer to her attending.

Yes I'd love sum details about SWAN.

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:33 am 
Post subject:
Hia you're entitled to 15 hours free nursery place if your child has a portage worker too but there are only certain nurserys that have the govt funding apparently, we are just investigating it all x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
thanx for that info hotcrossbun.

how is joshua getting on angel delight?

georgia has been reviewed by her paediatrician and she suspects she has autism so has refered he to be assesed to see where she is on the autistic spectrum. so she has been refered to a communications clinic, educational physchologist and more in depth speech therapy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular