HELP PLEASE

lynettew1983
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:47 am 
Post subject: HELP PLEASE
hi my son is 4 years old and everytime i try potty training he holds onto his wee for anyting up to about 7 hours when we get to the point we have to nearly force him to wee by shutting him in bathroom and running the tap to get him to go. Please help i have tried everything and really dont want him to get water infections where he wont go. Thanks Exclamation
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
Is he due to start school this year ? If he is looking forward to that you could tell him he needs to go to the toilet or potty to go to school.
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
hi he started nursery about 1 year ago so he is used to going to school, the school are very helpful and will continue to as long as we need it thanks
Jolly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I'm just on here also looking for help as I've been trying to potty train my son for a year now. He will also hold onto his for hours until I'm not there or I put a nappy on him and he'll either pee on the floor or wait for a nappy. He just won't go on the potty or the toilet. I'm sorry I can't offer advice, maybe you're having some success now are you???

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 am 
Post subject:
Have you tried sticker charts or something similar Question , i'm not above a bit of bribery if it works Wink and we've had sticker charts where if they got so many stickers they got to choose a small toy, or book or pack of crayons or similar from a box i had , between that and lots of praise and encouragement when they did go it always worked for mine (and one of my boys would go and hide when he needed the toilet so he didn't have to use it at first Rolling Eyes but the sticker chart worked a treat Smile ) With my boys they preferred to stand whilst peeing too so having a step for the toilet helped , good luck xx
lynettew1983
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
to jolly im sorry but i have not got any further i have had to quit potty training again for a bit with my son, his nursery have noticed some trates of autism so got to deal with that problem first
Jolly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Oh, well good luck with it all, I hope you get on ok and get plenty of help and support. I guess as long as their happy and healthy that's all that really matters, they'll get potty trained eventually!! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular