*First period after c section!

abishep
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 pm 
Post subject: *First period after c section!
Hi All
Just wondered has anyone had a really heavy first period after a c section? Af came on sat it was normal till sunday evening when it became very very heavy! Sorry if tmi, im using the largest absorbant tampax and a towel its awful! Having to change every 2-3 hrs! Is this normal?
Look forward to hearing back.
Thank you
X
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun, when did you actually give birth? Is this your post delivery bleed or do you mean generally since your CS that all your AF's are this heavy?

I'm not sure if you have AF any worse or less if its a c section, I just think it depends on the person. I had a natural twin delivery in Oct and bled for just under 6 weeks...I would say I had exceptionally heavy bleeding immediately after the delivery and for approximately 4 out of those 6 weeks but it was really heavy (just like you describe), then medium then heavy again before becoming quite light. My next AF was probably a bit heavier I used to be before I was PG but not like you are having. I'm just waiting for Jan AF (if Ive been lucky enough to go back to 27/28 day cycles Confused )

If you feel it is excessive could you ask your GP do a blood test to check you're not becoming anaemic? You're probably not but no harm in checking xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 am 
Post subject:
It's normal for the first period after you give birth to be very heavy, I didn't notice a difference between after a normal birth or a section , as Komolafe said though if you continue to get heavy periods it might be worth checking your iron levels , if you start on contraception that usually makes your periods lighter anyway xx
abishep
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 am 
Post subject:
Hiya thank you for your replies, i had my baby on the 3rd November. I had my post birth bleed lasted about 5-6 weeks not too bad at all apart from the first 4-5 days. Then af came on saturday! Still quite bad. Feel weak and sick this morn! Sad
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 am 
Post subject:
I have just been reading more about this on the internet and it appears theres no "normal". I would expect erratic, possibly irregular AF but would definitely be speaking to your GP if you just dont feel right. It can hopefully be sorted quickly with a simple blood test to check your iron levels and if they are low its short term meds usually. Good luck x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular