Where to stay in Disney,Orlando?...If you dont want to drive

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 am 
Post subject: Where to stay in Disney,Orlando?...If you dont want to drive
Hi girls,

DH and I want to have something to look forward to after the sad few months we've had, so we sat down and listed places we want to go on holiday. I've been to Disney in Florida several times but that was over 10 years ago so I'm sure a lot has changed since then.

Can you recommend a good hotel/area where you have stayed?

We have a budget of approximately 1000 per person and want the following

Accomodation very close to Disney or possibly staying in a Disney hotel (for 14 nights)
Free shuttle service to all Parks
Room with some self catering facilites (but not a villa)
Maybe complimentary breakfast to get us started!
Aiport transfer option

I know its a popular destination so I'm sure a lot of you have been there. I just dont have the patience anymore to search and search through thousands of properties Shocked

Any tips you want to give about best times of year/places to visit/ bargain tickets etc will be most welcome

Thanks ladies x
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi we stayed on international drive, was easy access to all the parks by bus (not sure if they were free though)
Our room had a microwave, fridge and kettle.
You could get breakfast there included in our package but we didn't, although we did try it once and it was lovely.
Most places do breakfast for about $2-3 dollars all you can eat so its quite cheap. We would have a big breakie, a snack in the parks then go out for tea. We didn't like to eat in the parks as didn't think much of the food and it was the same menu in all the disney parks so after a 2 week holiday would have got sick of it.
We spent about 5000 on the holiday that was hotel, car hire, tickets and spends but we did quite a bit of shopping and we went to a wedding over there.
I think its one of them places were you can spend a fortune or do it on a budget
Hope you have a lovely time xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Just a thought as well, we flew from machester, but a bloke I used to work with flew from glasgow I think, he saved a lot on the flights by driving and parking his car there for two weeks than flying from manchester so if you don't mind driving before the flight maybe try that.
I flew from east mids a few years back as flights were cheaper than liverpool even with the drive it worked out a good deal xx

xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 am 
Post subject:
We stayed at spring hill suites lake buena vista, which is 5 mins from down town disney and about 15 mins to the disney parks, 20 mins to i-drive & the parks up that way.
We did drive, it was so easy! But I'm pretty sure the hotel did a shuttle bus from the car park. The rooms had a fridge, microwave & kettle, so not much you can do for self catering but breakfast was included, as much as you want buffet which was fab. We found eating out so so cheap for lunch & dinner plus we'd take a few bits from breakfast to have later in the day too.

We absoultely loved it & wasn't too expensive, and in fact my sis & bil (who were getting married out there) stayed in one of the top disney hotels actually preferred ours! The hotel is a complex of 3 and we stayed in the bigger of them (it had 2 beds we needed) but I think Fairfield also offers the same facilities but will be cheaper as a smaller room with the one double bed.

We found the tickets cheaper here to buy as you get some great packages only available in the uk. I would always go up until may as summer-oct is hurricane season, but my sis often goes in oct and has been fine & great weather, it's just me though.

I hope you have a wonderful time when you go hun, a well deserved break. xx

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Jennifer. So would you reckon I-drive is accessible for shops and restaurants without a car? Do you remember the name of where you stayed or any nearby? I drove last time but just dont fancy the idea of it this time :-S. The 1,000 each is just for accomodation so we should find something decent for that shouldnt we? Spends and tickets we know will certainly bump up the cost Surprised(but it will be worth it) Thats a good tip to look out for flights from smaller airports so we would definitely consider that x

Vic that place sounds pretty much what we would like. Fridge, microwave and kettle would be enough anyway. Going to have a little look at that now, thanks x
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I think i-drive is probably more central for you without a car, although there were plenty of restaurants in lake buena vista, but I think i-drive would be much easier for you.
The place we stayed was by marriott & I'm sure they had a similar hotel with same facilities & brekkie on i-drive.
xx

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi it was a quality inn, was good for what we paid, bar was good and had entertainment if you wanted to, could get pizza delivered to room Embarassed
Pool ok, could walk to some shops and loadsa places to eat.
Here is the link

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/brochures/accom_only/holidays/florida/orlando/quality_inn_international/popup.aspx

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 am 
Post subject:
Had a look at those places and a few others look good too. Just trying to find out if there are any airport shuttle bus services to any of those areas :-S

Anyone know? x
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
Nice try blentkonke but not exactly a subtle advert! Mods!
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
Me, my husband and my daughter went to Disney World in 2009. We stayed at
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, It is a very nice place which was inspired by rural Louisiana and is nestled alongside the picturesque Sassagoula River. One of the best things is that Downtown Disney Area is accessible by ferryboat from this resort.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular