Unconfirmed Ectopic

WifeyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 pm 
Post subject: Unconfirmed Ectopic
Hi ladies, not sure if I should be on this forum or not, a couple of weeks ago I was admitted to EPU with a suspected ectopic pregnancy, my hcg levels were too low to do a scan and I miscarried the baby without the need for any intervention.
Because of how quick my hcg dropped EPU discharged me saying it was unlikely it was actually ectopic.
Been back to my GP today as I am so confused as to what happened, I spent 2 nights in complete agony, one where I was almost passed out on the bathroom floor and had a bright red bleed that night then nothing for a week then bleeding for a few days with clotting (sorry for tmi).
My GP disagrees with epu and thinks it was ectopic, has anyone had an ectopic pregnancy that hasn't ended in surgery?
I have been referred for a pelvic scan now to check whether there is any damage to my tubes?
xx
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
sorry hun it does sound like an ectopic.. some do disperse by themselves..some can be ended with a Mexy injection if your hcg is below 3000. but most need surgery.. the pain and on off bleeding are classic signs.. are you in pain now.. because if you are you need to go to A&E before your tube ruptures.. I would not leave it another day..

Good luck hun xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
WifeyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply Angelcakes, I'm not in any pain now, this all happened a couple of weeks ago.
I went to see my GP after having pain for a few days, he started treating me for an infection in my intestines as I had no idea I was pregnant.
That night I had the bleed then was up all night in agony and almost passed out at one point, I only didn't go to a and e because I didn't want to have to drag my little one there in the middle of the night.
The pain eased but on the Tuesday I was having pain again so went back to my GP, that's when he suggested an EP and sent me straight to hospital. By that point my hcg was 500 so they wouldn't scan. I stayed in hospital overnight and was discharged the following morning. I then had bleeding consistent with a miscarriage.
My GP insists it was ectopic, the epu think not :-/
Just wish I'd insisted on a scan now as I might never know but just wasn't sure whether you could have an EP without needing hospital treatment?
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
aww I`m sorry hun.. sounds like you had an E/P that has ressolved itself.. which is good in a way.. but still sad Sad .. have your hcg levels been checked since.. as they should still be checking them to make sure they are continuing to fall..
it would also be wise to have the tubes checked before ttc again xx
WifeyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Yes they've checked my hcg twice and it dropped to 194 then 19 so they discharged me.
My GP has referred me for a pelvic ultrasound to check my tubes so will see what that shows, worried now that some damage has been done but will keep my fingers crossed!!
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 pm 
Post subject:
ahh thats good then hun.. good luck xx
WifeyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Angelcakes just thought Id let you know how I got on, had a scan last Thursday which showed a mass consistent with an ectopic on my left side.
Saw the registrar who's happy to leave it and scan again in 6 weeks as he thinks my body will just deal with it.
So looks like it was ectopic but I've miscarried in the very early stages and avoided surgery.
Glad I've got some kind of answer now.
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:10 am 
Post subject:
Sad Hiya hun
Thanks for the update... yes it does sound like an ectopic that ended without needing treatmemnt or surgery.. I am so sorry for your loss hun.. wishing you a speedy recovery take care XX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular