Pontins vs Haven

mum2JJnMnA
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject: Pontins vs Haven
which do you prefer? Ive done Haven but considering Pontins this year, what are your views to those that have been?
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 am 
Post subject:
The two which are local to me I wouldn't go to, as I have heard nothing but bad things about them. They are southport and prestatyn.
I have been to haven sites years ago and thought they were great.

Butlijns have got some really good offers on at the min, we got self catering chalet for 4 of us and breakfast and evening meaql for 600 in August xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
The one in Prestatyn looks like a prison camp Jennifer Laughing My Mum and Dad have got a caravan in north wales and we've passed by a few times. Sorry to derail the thread!

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
I just googled reviews, so glad i havent booked lol
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
We went to the southport one in may this year and it was diabolical..... that felt like we were staying in a concentration camp!! the accommodation was disgusting .. we had toothpaste all over the windows and main area seating. The front door was loose and very draughty... the cooker needed cleaning before use.... half the crockery was missing ... bathroom dirty... and not enough bedding.

Hope that answers your question hunni lol xx

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
cuddles72 - it does thankyou, Im glad i didnt book, Ive done Haven two yeard running and thought Id have a change but im so glad i didnt bother now, thankyou everyone.
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
dellabobella wrote:
The one in Prestatyn looks like a prison camp Jennifer Laughing My Mum and Dad have got a caravan in north wales and we've passed by a few times. Sorry to derail the thread!

I know we have been past it a few times and it does look like a prison!! I know some girls who do morris/majorettes one or the other and they had a competition weekend there and said it was awfull.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
We stayed in Pointins - Brean Sands, which was actually voted the worse site on WatchDog! We loved it, it was clean and warm, no mould or damp any where and we were given bedding when we didnt ask for it. As we were leaving they were in the process of gutting out some of the chalets to replace it all!
I think its pretty hit and miss but we would defo go back to a Pontins again Smile
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
We've been haven a few times and always found it ok. we went pontims in October at Camber sands and even though the apartments were ok the clubhouse and swimming pool were the same and hadn't been decorated since we were last there 25 years ago. Well my parents owned a chalet in the site next door and we used to sneak into pontins all the time and everything was exactly the sa,e Shocked

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
we always to go to pontins prestatyn and tbh it's not that bad...not much for really little ones to do but decent enough older kid and adult entertainment..the accomodation is always clean and ok, if basic...prestatyn is always full to the brim with scousers though! lol

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Post subject:
Kenty wrote:
we always to go to pontins prestatyn and tbh it's not that bad...not much for really little ones to do but decent enough older kid and adult entertainment..the accomodation is always clean and ok, if basic...prestatyn is always full to the brim with scousers though! lol

i went to rhyl just over a year ago and noticed it was full of scousers!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular