Need advice re sleep

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 am 
Post subject: Need advice re sleep
Hi. DD has been attached to her dummy from birth - there was no ways around it. She needs to be rocked to sleep.
I really want to stop this and also stop her dummy at night. The amount of times I have to get up is just too much and can sometimes take a good few hours before she falls asleep again as she gets upset that she can't sleep and then its big disaster.
How do I get her to fall asleep herself? And how do I get her used to not having the dummy?
Thanks. xxx

LAC365
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
My little girl was the same only she needed nursed back to sleep. In the end I called my health visitor and she gave me a sleep plan. It was basically controlled crying but I would go in and see her at increasing regular intervals.

There are lots of opinions on controlled crying. Very easy to be judgemental. However until you have a baby with a sleep problem I don't think you can understand how hard it is for both mum and baby when neither have had enough sleep.

Good Luck
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 am 
Post subject:
How old was she when you tried controlled crying? How long did it take?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular