advice on mouldy rented house, ruined my furniture

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 am 
Post subject:
If the waters coming up the walls it could be a failed damp proof course as well Question , I'd get enviromental health round to do a report , so then she'll have to comply with their recommendations , as you say though if it's condensation forming on the inside of the outside walls (IYKWIM Laughing ) because they're so cold then maybe cavity wall insulation would help Question we have it and the walls in our house are never cold to the touch on the inside and we get very little condensation , and there are grants you can get now as well (not sure if they apply to landlords) we get some stuff you put in a tub for our caravan, it's like granules and it draws the moisture in , it's good stuff if you can find it, think argos might do it ? and i find opening the windows a little with the heating on clears out any condensation we do get in the house, good luck getting it sorted out xx
AndreSoly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:19 am 
Post subject:
Hey is your problem solved? I am going through it now. I have just painted all the walls now will watch if it returns or not.
Bobski1980
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Oh how awful for you, I rented for quite a few years and have always had to have contents insurance to protect my belongings. As the others have said I think the landlord only has to cover the building, so she has to get the damp sorted but I don't think she has to contribute to replacing your contents. It's still worth speaking to CAB though they might have a solution for you. It sounds like the whole house needs damp proofing, do you have any builder friends you could speak to? X

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
This post is nearly 2 years old :/ lol
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
Omg lol I really need to start looking at the dates. Why do old posts keep popping up? X

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Im thinking the user 'AndreSoly' will turn out to be an advertiser and post a link on this thread. Normally when old threads re appear its normally a spammer.
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks nutty x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular