Switching Breastmilk to Formula

bubbles24
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:27 pm 
Post subject: Switching Breastmilk to Formula
Hi

I am returning to work soon, and have been totally breastfeeding for 17 weeks. I would like to introduce formula milk to my son, does anyone have any tips/suggestions that would help?? Im thinking of starting him off with a lunchtime formula feed and see how he goes...
also any suggestions on what you feel is the best formula? I heard Aptamil is good as it is quite close to breastmilk?

Thanks
babi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bubbles! You're doing so well with the breastfeeding and the cheapest and healthiest option would be for you to start expressing some breastmilk to give to your baby when you're not there. You can express milk at work to keep your supply up.

Jo Smile
eddiesmum
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
j have just given up the breast feeding completely and switched to formular (SMA) luckily my baby took to it easily but i however am suffering!! y hormones have gone mad!! i started with the mid day feeds which were good as i could leave him with partner or mum to do it as it made me cry!!!! good luck with it. i would try bottles at night before long tho... don't get baby hooked on boob before bed or you could have problems gettin him to sleep without nursing.
Pipella
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 pm 
Post subject: How do I wean her off the breast?
Hi

I have a 21 week old who I breastfeed. I introduced her to bottles at about 3 months with expressed milk and she took them well. However, about five weeks ago she started refusing bottles and I have not managed to get her to drink from one! I am now trying to get her to drink from a cup as I have to return to work in 7 weeks! However she uses feeding from me as a comfort and I don't know how to stop it as I hate her crying! Does anyone have any advice on how to wean her from the breast? Any advice would be greatly received! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular