13 Month has NEVER slept the entire night. PLEASE HELP. FTM

CJMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:45 pm 
Post subject: 13 Month has NEVER slept the entire night. PLEASE HELP. FTM
Hi Ladies! I am new to this board after I was referred here by a GF. I have a 13 month old son and he has never slept through the night. The first 4 months he had colic so lets say he spent about 90% of his first 4 months of life in the arms constantly trying to be comforted. He outgrew colic and has yet to sleep through the night. He wakes up 2 - 4 times a night and wants a bottle. We finally took the bottle away and now he is still waking up for his sippy cup with milk. I tried CIO one night and he ended up throwing up so I didn't do it again. I am thinking I just need to be strong and do it again but I don't even really know how to begin. Anyone have some tips they can give me? Thank you so much in advance!
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
at 13 months, he doesnt really need milk in the night. i would suggest replacing the milk with water, and you might find he eventually stops waking for it. if you have got a non spill cup you could even leave it in the cot with him so that he can get it himself and you dont have to get up. although i leave a drink by my daughters bed so all she has to do is get up and get it,but she still shouts me to get it Confused Laughing

CJMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
@steph181 thank you! I was thinking that too that he shouldn't be needing to wake up for milk I feel like he does it for the comfort of sucking? He pushed his pacifier away at like 10 months and is now drinking out of his sippy cup and no longer on a bottle but he still sucks his sippy cup at night with his eyes closed as I rock him and he gets mad at times and will cry in the middle of drinking it but I think that is because we have only had him off the bottle completly for about a week. I will try the water in the cup for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular