JUST FOUND OUT IM 7+ MONTHS PREGNANT

Randomrach
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm 
Post subject: JUST FOUND OUT IM 7+ MONTHS PREGNANT
Havent even felt the baby kick or move, sharp pains going across my stomach for months tho, i suffer from a condition which makes me constantly ill, so being rundown was not a problem, i havent had a period for a year and the last time i could possibly could have got pregnant from would make me 7 months but i could be more but definitely not less, having a detailed scan on next week.Is it normal not to be feeling the baby, it is my first one.I have had procedures and xrays all the way through and taken medication for my health aswell, i cannot believe this is happening to me!
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 am 
Post subject:
hiya, sorry to hear your going through this...i must admit i find it strange when people say they dont know they´re pregnant at a late stage and babys kicks and movements are obvious to me, but i did have a friend that was complaning of abdominal pain at work, then she thought she wet herself, when ambulance took her to doctors she gave birth to a little girl half hour later, and she had no idea...and nor did anyone else, so i belive its possible not to notice kicks etc, i just wanted to say i hope everything goes ok at your scan and you get more information. the not knowing must be hard, and the girls here are relle good for advice if you have any questions and wishing you the best of luck xx
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:47 am 
Post subject: Reply to Poogeday
thank you so much.the condition i have is a digestive problem, my oesophogus doesnt work and i live off blended food, which doesnt always get in to my stomach.One of the side effects of this condition is spasm, my stomach is in constant pain and cramp.. which goes all the way up to my neck.A confident has told me maybe thats why maybe i cant feel baby cos of all the pain i am in day to day.My GP has told me either I have a tumour or i am heavily pregnant so monday will determine which.. as im getting a negative pregnancy result.My boobs started leaking last night so im more likely in thinking its baby, im excited and scared at the same time, maybe this is my only chance for a baby and i want to enjoy it... so monday cant come quick enough, thank you xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 am 
Post subject:
It's common to get negative pregnancy test results if you are very far along in a pregnancy due to the very high levels of hormones , it causes something known as the hook effect , if you google "the hook effect HCG" it explains it better than I could , ans if baby is lying with it's limbs to your back it makes kicks harder to feel as well. I really hope this is a pregnancy for you and you get some good news on monday xx
Randomrach
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 am 
Post subject: Reply to Nat70
Thank you so much yes I will google that.I am only 17 and my family are a big support hoping that its definitely a baby over the other, all this time iv been gaining weight on my belly thinking it was because of my condition, I couldnt understand why if im not able to eat much how im gaining weight I also dont understand how doctors wouldnt know if iv had so many procedures and xrays done on my digestive system, iv even been knocked out for investigational tests.I hope my baby will be stronger than me and fight everything its faced so far - i will let you all know Monday evening when im home and hopefully smiling, thank you for your well wishes it means so much x
poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
best of luck hun, sounds like you´ve been thru a rough time...let us know how you get on xx
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to wish you all the best hun- must be a big surprise but sounds like you and your family are very much supporting eachother and you have a good network of love around you, so your baby will too. xxx

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
best of luck for monday hun hope your scan goes well xx
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:18 pm 
Post subject: TOO NERVOUS FOR WORDS
One more sleep to go... im convinced it is a baby and not a tumour, last night my mother made me lie down flat and had a feel of my belly, she said she definitely felt the baby kick and that it was the size of small football - I could feel it when i pressed my hands on my belly where she did but still couldnt feel it inside, im begining to think maybe the operation i had might have caused some nerve damage and maybe thats why i cant feel it.. but from the outside im feeling it all the time now.Im starting to relax it cant be a tumour surely they dont kick you.I have kicking feelings on the right side and awful pain on the ribs of the same size, does that give any incling to how pregnant i really am i wonder?

how far towards the back can they go, i have all these questions and until tomorrow no one can answer me.. i feel so helpless

i really need that scan now to say the baby is ok.. and that im going to be physically able to give my baby the right nutrients seeing im struggling to get them in my body for myself.. aaarggghhh.this waiting is so cruel....
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, just wanted to say stop panicking or you'll send yourself into meltdown!
I'm 18,and 32 weeks pregnant with a rather noticeable bump which sticks out every way it can when my little girly moves and couldn't possibly understand how someone could not know they were pregnant being pregnant myself now, as it has been one difficult pregnancy (and I'm not being mard, I have been in and out of hospital) but anyway, my point is, its actually really common. Almost 3 years ago now I remember my aunty calling to say my cousin was having a baby, right that second!!! She was 18 too, and had been to the doctor with terrible back pain who had examined her and told her it was repetative strain injury and sent her on her way with a tonne of painkillers she later took. A few hours later she was in an ambulance on her way to hospital because a baby was beginning to crown! They couldn't pick this baby up on a scan, she had no stomach, and was completely unaware of the pregnancy. She now has a beautiful almost 3 year old daughter who was born 6 weeks premature and very healthy! Its also happened to two friends recently. I hope this helped you a little if at all, but its very likely you're having a baby, and that he or she is very healthy, its terrible they've left you this long without knowing. Good luck xx
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun- just from what you last posted - sounds very similar to how I feel at the moment - strong kicks, like muscle spasms but you can feel them with your hand pushing out, on one side and at times very painful rib pain - was told my baby has his feet/bum right up under my ribcage on the right... I'm just past 7 months...
I hope your scan tomorrow shows a healthy baby and don't worry - the hospital will do everything to ensure you are both safe and healthy from now on *hugs*
xxx

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:32 am 
Post subject:
good luck for today, let us know how you get on and everyone here to help xx
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm 
Post subject: OMG
Thank you all so much, its definitely NOT a tumour... its a baby ! The sonographer could not believe it.. the head is measuring 29 weeks.. they put me in the early pregnancy part of the hospital and she was not used to BIG babies... the heart beat is strong but thats all she could tell me, iv come away with two photos.I am down to see a midwife urgently either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon at the latest for the relevent scan to try and check the measurements ect and to discuss whats going to happen cos of my illness and what the baby has been thro... im in shock, my mother is so happy and my dads the same... 11 weeks to get everything and thats if the baby is measuring properly OMG OMG thats all i can say, its not registering yet... its a bloody baby!!!! she wouldnt tell me if she knew if it was a girl or boy as she wasnt qualified to do so
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Glad everything is okay, you'll have it sorted in no time don't you worry about that haha
I'm sure you said you were 18 or under? Make sure you get the form for healthy start vouchers from your midwife and get some income support because then you're entitled to the surestart maternity grant (a one off payment of £500) which Im pretty sure will give you a good head start getting some bits together in time Smile xx
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Wow congratulations! My cousin's girlfriend is due tomorrow and never found out she was pregnant until 5 1/2 months!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular