Overdue, posterior baby and miffed off!!

Sakura
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject: Overdue, posterior baby and miffed off!!
hi everyone,

was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me, im at a loss of what to do!! as you have probably read from my other posts, i am having a large baby ; they think around 11lbs and im now a day overdue.

i went to midwife the other day and although its not generally done till 41 weeks she said she would do me a sweep. basically, she was off sick and had a stand in midwife who was particularly snotty and refused to do one because its "not policy" and so have to wait until 18th to have a sweep.

however, they say that a sweep can take up to 48 hours to take effect, (which would bring me to 41 weeks) if at all, and so wont book me in for an induction until 42 weeks + by which time the baby could have put on up to another 2lb making him between 11-13lbs!

and to make matters worse i have terrible dsp and can hardly walk, im lucky if i can sleep more than a few hours a night and iv been told although the baby is cephalic, he is lying posterior - which will give me the "backache labour" and make things like forceps, ventouse and C-section more likely.

plus iv had cramping/stitch like pains all down my left hand side of bump and hosp turned me away as they had closed down the maternity unit as full up but thankfully they have subsided. does anyone know what this may have been?

im just worried that they are going to let me go over too much and whether this is sensible as they know the baby is big and that being posterior will make the birth harder anyway. should i keep trying for an induction or wait n see? just that my other son was 19days overdue, iv had no signs of a show or that labour is on its way. im really scared that im going to need a c-section. what should i do!!!! im so tired and miffed i just wanna get this baby out and know he's okay!

xx sorry for the mega rant xx
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, my cervix was posterior, and i had a sweep when i was 7 days overdue... nothing happened, and i was supposed to be being induced when i was 10 days over, then my waters broke! Again, my cervix was still posterior, so they induced me. However, i think it was ready to happen on its own anyway, as it was all very quick after that.

How can they tell that the baby is so big? Ive heard stories of women being told they're having 10lb babies, and then they are born 6lb!! Also, i might be wrong, but i was told by my midwife that the baby doesnt grow in the last couple of weeks, so i wouldnt worry about it getting any bigger.

Even if your cervix is posterior, there is no reason why you cant have a perfectly normal delivery, I did! Good luck x
Sakura
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi petralou thanks for the reply!

im really, really hoping that that things do kick in eventually like you and am hoping that the baby doesnt get too big. they knew he was big when i was 29 weeks as i measured 33cm and all the way through he's been on the 97th centile so iv been having regular scans since then.

they also thought i had gestational diabetes and that could have been why he was big but thankfully im not. my other son was 9lb at birth so im expecting this one to be bigger anyway, but not too big for my sake!

saying that, on the last scan i had, which was 35 weeks, it showed that he had slowed a little bit, but they still estimated his weight at 7lb 1oz then and that was 5 weeks ago! im hoping they're wrong. also i have had a few tell-tale twinges this eve so fingers crossed things might be on their way!

xxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
Holy bejesus! Just the thought of trying to deliver an 11lb baby is making me feel faint!!!! All of my luck winging it's way to you tonight Sakura!!! xxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 am 
Post subject:
hi hun sorry to hear ur midwife is being like that! here the policy isnt like that at all. with my second baby i was having strong pains from 39 weeks, so i actually had a sweep during my midwife appointment when i was 39 weeks! i had her 4 days later. i would phone and see if ur normal midwife is back yet as she said u could have one. babies also dont tend to put a lot of weight on in the last few weeks as there just isnt enough room and tend to stop the growth spurt at around 37 weeks, so try not to panick about baby being huge. i was told my 2nd was going to be over 10lb and she was 8lb 10z!
cowdrey5367
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:44 am 
Post subject: Avoid artificial rupture of membranes until baby is anterior
My due date was August 25, 2010. I am 9 days over due. My doc told me to go visit a website called spinning babies. I ended up visiting other sites as well. I read that if in the 3rd trimester you feel the baby's kicks on the left side and the front of your abdomen rather than on your right side, then the baby is most likely in a posterior position which is not optimal. I also read that articificial rupture of membranes should be avoided until after the baby has rotated to an anterior position, if possible. Below is the information I found. Hope it is helpful.

SHEKNOWS PREGNANCY & BABY

TIPS FOR ALTERING BABY’S POSITION

http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com/pregnancy/baby/Tips-for-altering-your-babys-position-610.htm

The best position for your baby is head down, with the back of the baby's head toward your front and on your left side (left occiput anterior, or LOA). When your baby is in this position, you will feel the smooth back on the left side of your abdomen, and the baby's kicks on your right side. If, instead, you feel kicks on your left side or in the front, using fetal positioning techniques would be wise.

Positions to avoid
The woman in late pregnancy should avoid all reclining positions, which encourage the baby to flop onto its back. Instead, she can relax in forward leaning positions. She can do 100 pelvic rocks on hands and knees, several times per day (100 pelvic rocks takes about 1-1/2 minutes). Pelvic rocks are a quick rocking motion of the pelvis, without much arching or movement of the back. A woman can assume a knee-chest position (knees, head and chest on the bed, with buttocks up in the air) for 20 minutes, three times per day.

The best position for sleeping is left-sided Sims, the position recommended by Bradley childbirth classes (on the left side, but rolled over almost onto the stomach, left arm behind the back, right leg bent and propped on a pillow, left leg straight).
First, spend about 45 minutes in either the knee-chest position or left-sided Sims. After this, continue to labor in forward-leaning positions, either on hands and knees, knee-chest, knees and elbows, sitting while leaning forward or standing and leaning forward onto a chair or table. Forward leaning positions encourage the baby's back to swing around toward your belly. Avoid reclining in a semi-sitting position, which encourages the baby to assume or remain in a posterior position.

Perform pelvic rocks on hands and knees frequently. Stomping hard on the floor, or stomping up and down a flight of stairs, can sometimes quickly jar the baby's head into a good position. If you have chosen to hire a doula, she may know many more advanced techniques for helping the baby into a good position, but these simple techniques work very well in most cases.

Other interventions
If possible, try to avoid artificial rupture of membranes (AROM) until you are sure that your baby has rotated to anterior, since AROM can cause the baby's head to quickly descend into your pelvis, while still malpositioned. An epidural is another intervention that can prevent a posterior baby from rotating, since epidurals decrease the muscle tone of the pelvic floor and limit the woman's mobility.
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
I don;t know what you can do apart from what the others have suggested. But I was induced and she wouldn't come as she was big baby and in wrong position and I ended up having a C-section. Just wanted to say that the C section really wasn't that bad at all and I am recovering very well and was up and wandering about 24 hrs later. It was always my worst fear to have a c section but the experience wasn't bad at all even after 48 hour labour
Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:48 am 
Post subject: dongdong
20151119dongdong
coach factorty outlet
michael kors outlet
timberland boots
ugg boots
air force 1
nike roshe runs
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
moncler jackets
ugg boots
ugg boots
jordans shoes
nike air max
nike blazer
kate spade handbags
mizuno running shoes
jeremy scott shoes
gucci outlet
toms outlet
coach outlet
coach outlet
nike air max uk
gucci borse
nike roshe run women
running shoes
true religion jeans
canada gooses jackets
sac longchamp pas cher
coach factory outlet
jordan pas cher
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren pas cher
pandora charms
kate spade
cheap uggs
michael kors outlet
kate spade uk
cheap jordans
michael kors
canada gooses outlet
toms outlet
louboutin pas cher
coach outlet
true religion outlet
jordan 6
canada goose uk
abercrombie
air jordan pas cher
michael kors uk
longchamp handbags
kate spade outlet
jordan 3 white cenment
soccer jerseys
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors handbags
toms wedges
oakley vault
adidas originals
michael kors
chaussure louboutin
adidas gazelle
michael kors
mcm handbags
fake oakley sunglasses
north face uk
cheap ugg boots
nike trainers
nike sb shoes
coach outlet store online
air max
sac longchamp
michael kors
louis vuitton bags
nike store
coach outlet
north face
nike free runs
uggs on sale
jordan retro 3
michael kors outlet
adidas uk
north face
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton uk
oakley sunglasses
adidas shoes uk
jordan 13
toms outlet store
michael kors outlet
air jordans
air jordan 13
mont blanc pens
ghd
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet
jordan 3
mont blanc pens
true religion outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet
nike trainers
adidas shoes
fitflops
ghd straighteners
louis vuitton outlet
abercrombie & fitch
louis vuitton handbags
pandora jewelry
fitflops clearance
coach outlet
christian louboutin shoes
oakley sunglasses
ed hardy uk
instyler max
nike uk
nike air jordan
cheap toms
mulberry bags
ugg boots
tommy hilfiger outlet
louis vuitton
cheap ugg boots
michael kors uk
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet
caoch outlet
adidas trainers
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
nike uk
hermes uk
gucci outlet
louis vuitton
basketball shoes
mcm
ray bans
nike blazers
toms outlet
ghd hair straighteners
coach factory outlet
new balance outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet
adidas superstars
moncler outlet
jordan 4 toro
cheap uggs on sale
snapbacks wholesale
true religion jeans
cheap uggs boots
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
barbour uk
michael kors outlet
nike air max
air max 95
ray bans
moncler jackets
michael kors handbags
nike huarache
canada goose jacket
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton outlet
juicy couture
ugg sale
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin uk
longchamp bags
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
tory burch outlet
michael kors uk
hollisters
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
hermes belt
coach outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
ed hardy outlet
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
longchamp outlet
rolex replica watches
nike sb
michael kors outlet
jordan 4
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors
ugg boots outlet
nike air max 90
nike tn
sac longchamp
hollister uk
ugg boots
air jordans
jordan 8
air jordan 8
nike outlet
louis vuitton borse
cheap oakley sunglasses
fitflop uk
nike cortez
coach outlet
ugg boots sale
ralph lauren
cheap ugg boots
michael kors uk
christian louboutin
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton handbags
true religion outlet
michael kors
true religion
sac longchamp pliage
ugg boots sale
polo ralph lauren
louis vuitton pas cher
gucci belt
michael kors
cheap jordan shoes
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
micahel kors
coach canada outlet
gucci outlet
prada outlet
michael kors outlet
north face outlet
ralph lauren outlet
nike store uk
christian louboutin shoes
coach factory outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors
canada gooses
louis vuitton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular