Heavy Bleeding at 4+weeks

mullbre
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm 
Post subject: Heavy Bleeding at 4+weeks
Im realy worried this is my first pregnancy and i had some light bleeding last night i freaked out and went the the hospital were the doctor carried out an internal scan but couldnt see anything Sad .........when i got home the bleeding got much worse almost like a period and has contiued all day Crying or Very sad ........should i be worried or has anyone had this and had healthy lil angels??? Sad
ozzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun

I had bleeding at 4wks, 6wks + 4 and again at 8wks + 2. Everything was ok and went on to carry full term. Bleeding can be a sign of miscarriage, i had 3 before having my LO, but as long as there is no pain, severe cramps, clots, etc.... hopefully it will be fine. Bleeding in early pg is very common.
With this pregnancy, as i said i had my 1st bleed at 4wks but said there was no point giving me an internal scan as they wouldnt see anything so early on. Instead i was given a scan at 7wks and all was well.
Sending you lots of love, hope its all ok. Take plenty of rest and try not to worry. xx

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.
[url=http://lilypie.com]
mullbre
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:29 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Thanks the the reply i cant help but worry the bleeding has really eased of and iv no pain at all apart from in my back.........i had cramps from the start but very mild then with the bleeding i had what i would describe as period pains only not just soo bad..........Hoping im as lucky as you were with your lil one......sorry to hear about the previous problems....If you dont mind me asking im just so worried how heavy was your bleeding at this stage??

xx
sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
have u had pain?? and i know this sounds silly but what colour is the blood??? ive had 3 m/c all VERY VERY painful!!!!! but im 8wkspreg now and i have bled in this preg too, but all seems to be fine!!xx go to ur gp and request being reffered to the epu!!
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:45 pm 
Post subject: Hey
Just mild less then a period pain......Its red like a dark red Iv only noticed tiny little clots Sad . The bleeding has eased well of and iv just pain in my back however im burping alot may just be wind Embarassed

xx
sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
did the hosp do ur hcg levels?? if not go ur docs on tuesday normally thats how they tell whats goi on!! but dnt worry to much chick although i know its hard!! my friend had heavybleading with clots and bright red blood shes now 36weeks preg and the bleeding was down to cells errupting after having sex!!!!
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:10 pm 
Naw they did an internal but couldnt see anything i would say i was because it was soo early but they didnt carry out any further tests. I have a doctors apointment on thursday and i have to go back to the hospital next friday with my fingers crossed sooooo tightly im soo excited but now im a nervous reck.................Juat glad to hear that in some cases it can work out ok...........
LouLouTattoo
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, sorry if I'm a bit late with my reply.
I'm 14weeks and had pretty heavy bleeding on friday. It's gradually gotten lighter, bt I'm still having to wear sanitary pads now! Hospital did a scan and everything was fine, didnt even give an explanation or medication and sent me on my way.

I know a couple women who have experienced heavy heavy bleeding ,even one that had bad clots and everything was fine. It literally can be just 'one of those things' that happen.

I understand how worried you are, I am still too-I think even though you know things are fine, it's a natural mummy instinct to still worry! But A LOT of women have been through it and gone on to have beautiful babies Smile I'm sure you'll be fine. Just one of those strange changes that happens with pregnancy!

Hope everything goes well for you hun xx

Me and My BabyDoll
toots4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, I hope it is good news for you - but for me it wasn't. I had heavy bleeding with both my pregnancies and both ended in miscarriage. If I were you I would take another pregnancy test as with my 2nd miscarriage (at 5 weeks) the test came up negative a couple of days after the bleeding started so I had obviously miscarried. Not everyone experiences pain. I had very mild cramping just (no worse than period pain) and with my 2nd m/c because it was so early on I had hardly any clots either.

I'm sorry to be so negative but I didnt want to give you false hope and unfortuanately miscarriage is really common. I lost my 1st and 2nd pregnancy Sad and it is heart breaking. But do remember lots of ladies bleed and everything is fine. My mum didn't realise she was pregnant with me until 12 weeks as she had what she thought were periods.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you hunni and if you need to chat, just PM me xx

- x - Never forgetting our 3 angels - x -
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:47 am 
Post subject:
I have to agree with toots im afraid, ive had 2 early miscarriages at 5 weeks. I would do another pregnancy test and see if the line is getting any lighter as this confirmed for me what i knew was going to happen. My 1st miscarriage was very painful but the 2nd had hardly any cramps at all. I hope it isnt all over for you but i wont lie and say heavy bleeding is ok. xxx Take care
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:26 pm 
Thanks for all the replys. Did a test and it came negitive im gutted. Its my first time and it has made me nervous now incase it happens all the time Sad Im hoping when we start trying again all goes well. has anyone any advise on TTC again or ways to reduce risk of another miscarry?? Confused

thanks

xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Im so sorry you miscarried, i dont have any advice on how to stop it happening again im afraid. You just have to trust that it was bad luck, once all your bleeding has stopped then there is no reason why you cant start trying again. Thats what we have done on on both occasions - just hoping for 3rd time lucky now.
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear of ur loss. I had a miscarriage 5 yrs ago at 6wks, Its an awful thing to go through and there are lots of women out there who can relate to what your going through. I went on to have 2 healthy boys aged 4 and 2 yrs and am now 9wks pregnant with baby number 3. You should give yourself a few months before you start trying to get pregnant again, so you can give your body time to recover from your loss. When you do get pregnant again please don`t worry or stress yourself that you will have another miscarriage it`ll do your baby no favours. Just go with the flow and enjoy it. I wish you ever luck with the future hun.
mullbre
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Just thought id get a wee pop back on and let you no im now 4 months pregnant have had my first scan and another due in january........still nervous but soo reasuring to hear babies heart beat and see the lil angel...........thansk for all your replys hope you all have the same news as me soon

xx
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
aww congratualtions honey Very Happy when are you due? xXx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular