balance problems...

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 am 
Post subject: balance problems...
So my little boy will be 3 in Feb and has always been a clumsy boy.. He falls all the time.. I have mentioned it before to thw health visitor but not since he was about 18 months old as she shrugged it off as normal but just recently he seems to be falling even more... I just wondered if anyone else had had this problem or knew what was causing it. My mum has advisede to take him to the gp and get him checked for glue ear as she thinks it's an inner ear problem.... Just looking for advice really Smile

Thanks xx
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
i was gonna say before i got to the end of ur post about glue ear?? my lil boy always been clumsey and im actually in the middle of hospital appointments as he keeps failing hearing tests and has glue ear..... if ur worried take im a long to ur gp

nic xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
I took him to the gp and he said he was fine but he passed it on to the health visitor who called me and asked meticulously take him to see her in a couple of weeks.. But it's apparently not glue ear or how he walks.. X
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 am 
Post subject:
Good luck. It could be early signs of dyspraxia? Early intervention with balance problems have proven successful. You wouldn't even know that a lot of my dyspraxic kids at work had it because the intervention works so well.

FX crossed they find out what it is

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:56 am 
Post subject:
The doctor and hv aren't concerned about him and fingers crossed the last few days hes hardly fallen (touch wood) I did read about dyspraxia though when I googled... And his speech and other developments are fine for his age just the clumsiness.. I wonder if I took him to the doctor when his ears where clearing up.. X
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 am 
Post subject:
my daughters really clumsy, always tripping over and walking into things.

most of the time its because her attention is elsewhere, or instead of walking she skips and jumps. i feel like a broken record when we are out as im constantly saying, watch out for the post, come here before you walk into that gate, walk properly or you will fall over.

she fell over the other week and cut her lip up quite bad, and i hoped this would make her walk properly. no such luck as soon as it was healed she was back to the skipping.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular