11 month old sleeping a lot

mac88
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:24 pm 
Post subject: 11 month old sleeping a lot
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone knew if it is normal for an 11 month old to start sleeping more rather than less through the day?

I've notcied the past week or so that he sleeps right through as normal (from 8 until Cool, he gets up and has his breakfast then will sleep for another hour or so but after his dinner he is now taking a nap for around 1.5 to 2 hours. Normally he would go from his morning sleep to tea time and have just half an hour.

I have no other concerns with him, he's acting normally, playing, eating fine, pulling himself up, crawling everywhere etc and is very happy and giggly all the time so just wondered if this was normal, like a growth spurt kind of thing?

Thanks Very Happy
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject:
I could be a growth spurt or gearing up to start walking/talking more. If he is happy I wouldn't worry too much. x
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Jane, he has since started babbling a lot more and crawling/moving around furniture a lot more so you are probably right Smile Here comes the fun part, lol!
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 am 
Post subject:
I'd say it was normal, well my lo went from having three half hour naps to one two hour nap around that age and still slept 13 hours at night. He still does the same at 21 months x

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
you'll prob find he drops the morning sleep pretty soon and just goes to one long sleep - which for mums is better as can get some stuff done and have a little sit down !

Jump to:  

Community

Popular