Having a hard time quitting

jewel76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:42 am 
Post subject: Having a hard time quitting
Does anyone else have this problem? I've been a smoker for the past 12 years and have been smoking a pack a day. Now that i'm pregnant, i wanted to quit of course, and so did my hubby, but we were at each other's throats, and had such a hard time! So, now i've reduced to 8-10 a day. I do feel proud of myself, cuz i reduced that much in the matter of a day or two, and i plan to eventually reduce even more and then quit. Did anyone quit just like this? Cold turkey? How did you do it? Is anyone else having the same problem i am?
jennlrobles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:36 pm 
Post subject: smoking
I too had a hard time quitting. At first I cut down and I smoked for probably the first few months. Then I thought about possible breathing problems that my new baby might have and the miscarriage that I recently had over a year ago. That gave me strength to finally quit. It is not easy at all, especially when you have smokers around you. I can't tell you a "trick". You just have to find it in you somehow. Wink
emmy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:23 pm 
Post subject: having a hard time quitting
Hi ya,
I found out that i was expecting last week and stopped smoking as soon as i found out and i was smoking 20 a day, if you focus on your baby im sure your be able to give up completly, i was pregnant at the start of the year with twins and smoked, sadly i miscarried them at 20 weeks which meant i had to deliver, that in its self was enough for me to not smoke this time round.
Good luck in trying to give up and good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.

p.s i dont mean to sound boring i just wouldnt want anybody to have to go through what i did, im just very lucky to be given another chance and this time its not about my wants but about what my baby needs for the best start in life we choose for them to be here.xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular